Best Wireless Router?

I have not had a single issue with LinkSys routers. I got my first one in 2003 (not wireless) and replaced it with a wireless one in 2006. I've had it ever since.

Funny thing is, after I mentioned above I do not have a N router, I remembered I ran across one in my basement. I don't know where it came from, and I don't have the power cord for it (hopefully what I have now will fit). I need to check that out and get it set up.

Here's an update on my router that I mentioned above (the one I ran across). I set it up today, and the power cord from the other LinkSys fit perfectly.

It's a LinkSys WRT160N V3 and replaced my WRT54G. It's Wireless-N, but I don't think I have any N products right now. The one in my new laptop might be, but I am pretty sure the older laptop is not. Had to print out all my MAC addresses for my MAC filtering, and a few other pages to make sure I kept my settings the same, and it's up and running.

First thing I did after I set it up was upgrade the Firmware, which was something I could never do on the WRT54. For some reason it always failed. This one upgraded itself without any issues. SSID changed, Router password changed. I went ahead and left it to broadcast the SSID. No one can get in anyway.

Went from this one:

3536235080_2762248059.jpg

to this one:

1220.jpg

I think honestly the Apple Airport Extreme workst the best.

Here's an update on my router that I mentioned above (the one I ran across). I set it up today, and the power cord from the other LinkSys fit perfectly.

It's a LinkSys WRT160N V3 and replaced my WRT54G. It's Wireless-N, but I don't think I have any N products right now. The one in my new laptop might be, but I am pretty sure the older laptop is not. Had to print out all my MAC addresses for my MAC filtering, and a few other pages to make sure I kept my settings the same, and it's up and running.

First thing I did after I set it up was upgrade the Firmware, which was something I could never do on the WRT54. For some reason it always failed. This one upgraded itself without any issues. SSID changed, Router password changed. I went ahead and left it to broadcast the SSID. No one can get in anyway.

Went from this one:

3536235080_2762248059.jpg

to this one:

1220.jpg
i have the same as your current one

Netgear = bomb! Go for one of the higher end ones like around 150ish will get u a pretty solid one. Linksys can be good tool but ive gone through too many of them and Netgear just seems to be better for me

+1 on Netgear. I prefer the dual band models. Their are still iPod touches, iPhones, etc... In the house that don't support N. Also, sometimes the N band just doesn't quite reach the remotest part of the house, but the G band does. Nice to have options for the little extra $. On my 3rd Netgear due to upgrading over the years and have never had a problem.

I replaced a Linksys like the black one in Smalls' photo with a Netgear WNR3500L in one end of the house and Dlink DIR 655 in the other end (to get coverage out in my garage) The Netgear and the Dlink have external antennae but it seemed like the Linksys had as good or better coverage. The Netgear and Dlink both have USB ports and I have a hard drive attached to the Netgear. All three devices work as they should. I have installed and used 10-15 routers in different places and the only ones that ever failed were Apples.

I've been using a Netgear WNDR 3700 for a couple of years now. It's loaded with features that can be a bit overwhelming at first. Pretty easy to setup and I don't recall ever having to reset this router once in the last 2 years. I put it on a UPS so it stays up even when the power flickers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122326

Back