Big Break 22 (Myrtle Beach, SC)

Wow, no comments about last night's episode? All I can say is very disappointed in the result as many of you other folks on here will be as well if you haven't watched it yet.

T4K, I don't recall what event it was that was announced, but it's already happened? That's surprising to me, I figured it would be a 2015 event or something. I'm not asking for details, I'm just somewhat surprised by that is all.

I think we can all agree that Anthony has to be eliminated ASAP. Guy is the biggest tool that has ever been on the show.

I think we can all agree that Anthony has to be eliminated ASAP. Guy is the biggest tool that has ever been on the show.

Most definitely...

Really like this show, I was able to play all 4 of the Barefoot Courses this past Sept and it's fun seeing the holes that they're playing on because I'm familiar with them, definitely adds a little something to the viewing experience.

Guy sure is arrogant, but for now hes backed it up. Eventually he will fail and look like a clown.

Regardless, there's just no reason to act like that.

Completely agree Joe. And honestly I don't think he has 1/4 of the game he says he does. His swing looks awful, and he doesn't really do what he says he's going to do. Beating arguably the weakest player on the show in a 2 hole match play round doesn't show much to me.

Last edited:
Completely agree Joe. And honestly I don't think he has 1/4 of the game he says he does. His swing looks awful, and he doesn't really do what he says he's going to do. Beating arguably the weakest player on the shot in a 2 hole match play round doesn't show much to me.

His swing does look extremely wonkly - nearly comes off his front foot during his backswing.

Completely agree Joe. And honestly I don't think he has 1/4 of the game he says he does. His swing looks awful, and he doesn't really do what he says he's going to do. Beating arguably the weakest player on the shot in a 2 hole match play round doesn't show much to me.

While I agree that he is an annoying tool, he did birdie both holes. Hopefully his time on the show is limited.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

While I agree that he is an annoying tool, he did birdie both holes. Hopefully his time on the show is limited.

I was going to say the same thing. He birdied both holes, he didn't just get by and beat a weak player. He probably would have beaten most anyone in that challenge yesterday. That statement does NOT make me a fan though, I'm looking forward to seeing someone spank him and he's going to make himself a target. But I'll give credit where credit is due as much is it pains me. He made a bold, outrageous statement, he owned it, and then he proved it out.

I guess thats the way the ball bounces... his tee shot on the par 3 was pretty lucky IMO...in that wind and rain and with that wonky swing he had to have just lucked in to sticking it within 10 feet...then the teeshot on the par 5 was atrocious and it was complete luck that the ball ended up settled on the cartpath after bouncing off it instead of being lost in that wicked native grass....take away one of those awesome gifts from the gods and take away the horrible choke his competitor went thru and maybe he does go home last night...I am just hoping that eventually he doesn't get a super lucky bounce when he pushes another teeshot way way right.

I guess thats the way the ball bounces... his tee shot on the par 3 was pretty lucky IMO...in that wind and rain and with that wonky swing he had to have just lucked in to sticking it within 10 feet...then the teeshot on the par 5 was atrocious and it was complete luck that the ball ended up settled on the cartpath after bouncing off it instead of being lost in that wicked native grass....take away one of those awesome gifts from the gods and take away the horrible choke his competitor went thru and maybe he does go home last night...I am just hoping that eventually he doesn't get a super lucky bounce when he pushes another teeshot way way right.

If I looked like brad Pitt then I would be with chicks like Jennifer Aniston. You can say "if" all day long. Luck is part of the game. A bounce here and a bounce there. Either way he was 2 under.

I'm with you that I can't stand him. I hope he is the next one gone. Nothing worse than an arrogant a hole.

Anthony got the crowd talking about him, he reminds of Mary from last year except he backed it up at least for this go around anyways. Luck?? Maybe, but he birdied two holes.

If I looked like brad Pitt then I would be with chicks like Jennifer Aniston. You can say "if" all day long. Luck is part of the game. A bounce here and a bounce there. Either way he was 2 under.

I'm with you that I can't stand him. I hope he is the next one gone. Nothing worse than an arrogant a hole.

Yeah I realize my post was full of "What Ifs"... in this game the scorecard doesn't give a damn what kind of luck, bounces, and what ifs happened... it just knows he was 2 under in 2 holes... Based on the scorecard he did back up all the talk. And he did overcome the moment and knock in that putt on the first hole. I just hope people aren't now scared to pick him to go against in elimination, because eventually somebody who pulls 3 wood to be safe and pushes it that far right will end up on the other side of the luck fence.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Of all his attributes his swing is the last thing I would criticise.

Just watched the last episode and I have to say that even though that little pizza face made it through to the next show, I don't think he'll be on too much longer. Myself, I'm pulling for either Jimmy or Charlie.

He's a jackass but it appears he has game.

The only luck involved in that match was wildlife not being killed by that topped 3w.

Anthony seems like the bigger girl from last season. Appatently he has won over 100 tournaments ,which i do not see how he could. My pick so far is Christian i like his swing and seems like a solid player

I wish I could be good enough to be on that show. I just love it.

Anthony is sad. I can't recall knowing anyone more sure that everyone is out to get him. He's pathetic. I hope he sticks around for a few shows. He's a perfect villain.

why is it that the hottest girl gets eliminated in the first round ... a couple seasons ago, it was Meghan :beauty: and now the Latvian blonde ... no justice in this world !!!!!

http://www.myrtlebeachgolfholiday.c...cecode=11&cmpid=Email%20Newsletter_GH2013-427

For all of us who have watched the show and said "My gosh I could have done better than that pro did"... now we have a chance...

It's a Big Break Experience being held at courses that have hosted big break in the past.... including the challenges that are typically on the show.

Anxious to see how many people are willing to plop down the entry fee to try to break some glass and hit over a flop wall.

Well I guarantee you I've never made that claim. I haven't checked out the link, and I doubt I would take advantage of it, but it would be fun to do some of the challenges just for fun to say you've done them. Actually when I went to the Freadonomics event down in florida a couple of years ago they did have a couple of challenges that were similar in essence to the shots they do on BB. Instead of a pane of glass, because that's more tactile and exciting, they had a bar with rags hanging down and you had to hit the ball below the bar and they had you stand at different distances to it making it more difficult as you went on. There were other challenges as well, but most didn't involve physical barricades. I can't think of one time that I've played where I've needed to hit of a 12' obstacle 10' from the green to get my ball on the green. It's cool to watch. And yes, I know that the objective is to hit an extreme angle flop shot. The wall is once again there for feedback for the cameras if you don't do it and you obviously can't get lucky and still have your ball end up close to the hole.

Of all his attributes his swing is the last thing I would criticise.

Maybe so, I'm sure he could beat the tar out of me, but good grief is it strange looking. It just looks to me like it is on the brink of disaster, but again who am I to criticize?

+1. He's a made-for-TV tool so sadly we may have to suffer the arrogance and drama a while. Seems to me there are much stronger players on the show. Charlie is solid. I like Dave's attitude and personality. But, so much easier to root for the pretty girls. Liking Carolin and the LSU woman.

Anthony needs to go. He is more painful to watch than the grass eating guy from the Greenbrier series.

Back