Bigger Story: Tiger Woods Winning or John Daly Winning Using a Cart

Tiger by a wide margin. Grand Slam talk would start, two majors away from Jack, showing that he can maintain his position at the top of the tour.
Daly would be treated as a novelty. Old guy who made a mess of his life and career wins one more with help of cart.

I'm confused how Daly is allowed to use a cart in a PGA major. I understand that he is exempt for life as long as he is "willing and able" to compete. Needing the assistance of a cart to me does not meet the "able" part.

I love a good Daly story but he’s basically white noise anymore for me.

I’ll take tiger for the win and the chance at the slam.

I think the bigger story is just as much winning with a cart as it is Daly.

I just don’t think he could ever get it done is more what I meant.

If he wins? Feathers will be ruffled for sure.

Thats kind of what makes it a story, right? Its a big what if. If it was remotely possible or expected, it wouldn't compare to Woods.

Thats kind of what makes it a story, right? Its a big what if. If it was remotely possible or expected, it wouldn't compare to Woods.

Now that I think about it, we'd have a lot of hilarious threads on THP after that win haha

Daly winning would be a bigger story in the golf world but Tiger winning would be a bigger story overall.

Tiger winning would be a bigger story although I expect him to miss the cut. All the hype and disappointed fans but for some reason I don’t expect him to be around on the weekend. I’m sure THPers will let me know if I’m wrong. Daly is a non issue for me. The man has lived his life and is paying the price for his choices. What you see is what you get with him. I put him on one of my Draft Kings picks but don’t really expect him to be playing past Friday either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it’s unfair that Daly get a cart because he has let himself go. Phil has arthritis and walks each event. JD is a foot note and really should just stick to the Champions tour.

Tiger. Tiger still moves the needle unlike anyone else although the level of salt if Daly won using a cart would be very interesting.

Tiger winning would be a bigger story although I expect him to miss the cut. All the hype and disappointed fans but for some reason I don’t expect him to be around on the weekend. I’m sure THPers will let me know if I’m wrong. Daly is a non issue for me. The man has lived his life and is paying the price for his choices. What you see is what you get with him. I put him on one of my Draft Kings picks but don’t really expect him to be playing past Friday either.

Looks like both get to leave early.

Back