Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes Greg Sabella from Blast Motion to the show to talk about playing better and how you could accomplish it.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Greg joins the show to talk about how a technology could save you strokes each round, how Blast Motion works and a whole lot more. This episode has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Blast Motion goes Off Course.

Episode 83 is here and Dan and Greg discuss the following topics.
Blast Motion
Getting Better at Golf
Working at Home During Winter
What is Coming
And so much more

Continue reading...

Why do I have the sense this one may get into my wallet? Looking forward to listening.

Ooo, super interested in this listen.

Why do I have the sense this one may get into my wallet? Looking forward to listening.
Definitely worth a listen as Greg and Dan kind of run the gamut here. Good show.

I can't wait to listen this one, esp after Dan and I spoke about Blast Motion a couple of months ago.

A quick glance at the website during a call this morning has me intrigued

I want Blast. I’m scared of Blast. My Dad needs Blast.

Blast is awesome! I used the sensor on my SeeMore back when I won it to get the face dialed in.

was really close to an impulse purchase to try this out. but the differences between ios and android apps look pretty dramatic at this point, enough to give me pause.

edit: maybe thats more on the baseball side? hmm :unsure:

Last edited:
SABELLA!

Cannot wait to listen to this one!

was really close to an impulse purchase to try this out. but the differences between ios and android apps look pretty dramatic at this point, enough to give me pause.

edit: maybe thats more on the baseball side? hmm :unsure:
I dont think on golf it is all that different.

I don't know whose phone notifications have been going off in the podcast but they are the same as my text alert. I've picked up my phone every time it's binged.

I don't know whose phone notifications have been going off in the podcast but they are the same as my text alert. I've picked up my phone every time it's binged.
I would blame Greg.:)

hahaha, my phone hasn't made a sound in two decades unless it's an alarm to wake me up.

That said, I think it gets turned off at one point.

Chatting with Greg about the full swing mechanics of Blast have me feeling like I have been missing out on a big piece of the 'self teach' tools of golf.
When he talked about using the Blast data to shorten the backswing, a light bulb went off!!!

This will be a good listen today.
I tried the blast device last year and never really had a great experience. I don’t know if I still have it or gave it away. But hoping things have progressed since then, and looking forward to hearing about it from Greg and Dan.

My 15 minute commute was great today because of the beginning of this! Can't wait to listen to the rest!

It would be really interesting to have a unit like this that actually vibrated when you set certain conditions.. Like taking a practice swing, and if you go past parallel, it vibrates... Or if you're putting and you take the putter too far back, you could set it to be at a certain distance and have it vibrate...

I should be able to give this one a listen later today.

Another great Off Course @Canadan. In listening to him i really need to practice putting more to save strokes. I spend so much time on the full swing i neglect the putter. His view on the bump and run falls in line with the thread that @oumagic started. Obviously another area i need to jump into.

Another great Off Course @Canadan. In listening to him i really need to practice putting more to save strokes. I spend so much time on the full swing i neglect the putter. His view on the bump and run falls in line with the thread that @oumagic started. Obviously another area i need to jump into.
It was annoying because he's the second person lately to convince me that I need to be more diverse around the greens.

Might actually have to take him up on the suggestion of practicing with other clubs.

I have found that when I practice with the lower lofted clubs around the green, my higher lofted clubs around the green get better and then I fall in love with those again and start the vicious circle. I feel I have a better shot at making the shots with higher lofted clubs but I also have a better shot at leaving myself 20+ feet or worse with the bladed/chunked shot. I still don't feel as comfortable hitting a 20 yard 8i but the results are generally better. I can't tell you how many times I have thought after hitting a 60 degree wedge that another foot and I would have been within 3 feet and instead I didn't get to a hill or whatever and leave myself 20'

BTW, I am 1 for 1 chipping up and down with my 5W according to Arccos :p

Back