Can you not push off your right leg?

Yes. Then it's block city. I need to release and clear my hips.

Sounds confused. What you're doing now looks deformed. I'm not a huge fan of orthodoxy, but if what you're doing were working to your satisfaction, you wouldn't've started this thread, so...

Sounds confused. What you're doing now looks deformed. I'm not a huge fan of orthodoxy, but if what you're doing were working to your satisfaction, you wouldn't've started this thread, so...
You're right. I'm not satisfied where I am. This thread is just as much about my effort to get better this season. Reality is tee to green I'm not bad. Playable. But it's around the green where I am suffering.

It's a work in progress and he has made great strides. We have him working in the right direction. Keep it up Blu

You're right. I'm not satisfied where I am. This thread is just as much about my effort to get better this season. Reality is tee to green I'm not bad. Playable. But it's around the green where I am suffering.

There are a lot weirder swings that have made a lot of money. Ultimately, if the ball went where you wanted it to go, frequently, the swing's fine.

It's a work in progress and he has made great strides. We have him working in the right direction. Keep it up Blu

That right leg is seriously f'ed up. You don't have him working in the right direction.

That right leg is seriously f'ed up. You don't have him working in the right direction.
Compare the swings from the sequence you picked (which is fine) and compare it to the swings in the videos below.
I've really been trying to not let the club get behind me. It is a constant battle to not get stuck on the way back and down. Am I succeeding in that endeavor?

[video=youtube;Qn6qPH-zrvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6qPH-zrvc[/video]

it only looks odd because he's not up on his trailing toe. his hips are in a good position in the sequence, and weight distribution is good. in the swing you picked, the bigger issue is the severe rotation of the face, instead of extension through impact with arms in front of his chest. but the swing he posted recently looks beautiful. I'd like to see it with a driver instead of an iron, but I would guess it looks just as good. I envy quite a bit about that swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still a right side collapse, but it is different. What, in your mind, accounts for the difference?

It's still a right side collapse, but it is different. What, in your mind, accounts for the difference?
From last week, I guess I don't see a collapsed right side. I'm not saying it's not there, just that I don't see it

d58bdb4d333114a6b87d2a9122216d99.jpg

e173061cc60a099b6b873c367969a226.jpg

It's different, but now, you're dragging your right side. I don't care. If you're hitting the ball great, who gives a **** what your swing looks like. My only concern is that a fairly athletic looking dude is making a fairly unathletic looking move. It looks like some weird swing thought replaced a natural instinct.

It's different, but now, you're dragging your right side. I don't care. If you're hitting the ball great, who gives a **** what your swing looks like. My only concern is that a fairly athletic looking dude is making a fairly unathletic looking move. It looks like some weird swing thought replaced a natural instinct.
Interesting enough, Fred Couples and me side by side. I'm not sure what this proves. It's just a comparison

a83999896ff415acc03531efd80ac205.jpg

I think his swing has progressed very well over the last couple of years.

That right leg has a direct correlation to his P8 position and massive post flip~re cocking. Some say it doesn't matter the ball is gone. But in reality that P8/A7.5 is the main determiner of everything that proceeds it. Even more amplified on his dtl . Good eye Petunina, easy to see really. His P4 to P 4.5 shows it as well

interesting

Well, crap. I came in here to see Joe's progression and instead my battleship was sunk somehow...

Keep up the good work Joe and Freddie!

Interesting enough, Fred Couples and me side by side. I'm not sure what this proves. It's just a comparison

a83999896ff415acc03531efd80ac205.jpg

There are some differences to note. He's pushing off the inside of his right foot. If you were pushing off your right foot, it would be on the outside. His right hip is turning around the left. Your right hip is still facing forward. His clubface, a fraction earlier in the swing, has rotated more than yours (which doesn't matter other than your concern for blocking). Looking at Couples in a full swing, you see that he gets over his left leg while you slide into your left leg yet remain over your collapsing right leg.

FredCouplesSeries.jpg

6X3X7Wv.jpg

If you're hitting the ball great, then none of this matters. Stand on your head if that works, is my feeling about it. But, if you're unsatisfied with your results enough to make changes, then, I think you have to look at what's off about it. Were it I, I would start with that dip and what's causing it. I'd also look at analogous actions (line drive baseball swing, throwing, etc.). If it shows up in those actions, the problem goes beyond golf. My guess, though, is that it won't show up in them. At that point, you have to ask, why does a weight shift and a turn come so naturally in those two actions, but not in golf? It's going to be some swing thought that's causing it, or some fear (maybe you once fought a lunge, or something like that). Anyway, best of luck. My apologies if I come across as too caustic (Mrs. Sprinkle says 'harsh').

There are some differences to note. He's pushing off the inside of his right foot. If you were pushing off your right foot, it would be on the outside. His right hip is turning around the left. Your right hip is still facing forward. His clubface, a fraction earlier in the swing, has rotated more than yours (which doesn't matter other than your concern for blocking). Looking at Couples in a full swing, you see that he gets over his left leg while you slide into your left leg yet remain over your collapsing right leg.

FredCouplesSeries.jpg

6X3X7Wv.jpg

If you're hitting the ball great, then none of this matters. Stand on your head if that works, is my feeling about it. But, if you're unsatisfied with your results enough to make changes, then, I think you have to look at what's off about it. Were it I, I would start with that dip and what's causing it. I'd also look at analogous actions (line drive baseball swing, throwing, etc.). If it shows up in those actions, the problem goes beyond golf. My guess, though, is that it won't show up in them. At that point, you have to ask, why does a weight shift and a turn come so naturally in those two actions, but not in golf? It's going to be some swing thought that's causing it, or some fear (maybe you once fought a lunge, or something like that). Anyway, best of luck. My apologies if I come across as too caustic (Mrs. Sprinkle says 'harsh').
In that still from last week. My right hip is pointed down the line. But my foot is planted. It is a goofy "skill"

From a while back, that's the back of my right knee. Hips facing the target. Right foot planted. It is what it is.
2015-06-01%2013.54.23_zpsnx7mgocj.png

That right leg has a direct correlation to his P8 position and massive post flip~re cocking. Some say it doesn't matter the ball is gone. But in reality that P8/A7.5 is the main determiner of everything that proceeds it. Even more amplified on his dtl . Good eye Petunina, easy to see really. His P4 to P 4.5 shows it as well

interesting
Excuse me? WHAT!

You and your 7 hdcp are looking good blu. More than one way to swing the club, keep up the hard work. I like how Freddies tip work with you and not change everything about a golfer.

You and your 7 hdcp are looking good blu. More than one way to swing the club, keep up the hard work. I like how Freddies tip work with you and not change everything about a golfer.
This exactly! Looks like a solid golf swing to me. We all have our faults but working with your natural swing and not trying to change everything is sold advice.

I'm completely lost. I'm playing golf swing right now and it's really wearing me down. Every swing below ended up exactly where I wanted them to go, but none of the ball flights were what I was going for.

Driver:

3i:

Like so many others, the longer the club gets the harder it is for you to get the weight moving to your left. place a ball under you right heel and make your normal swing.

I played 18 today and then hit a small bag of ball on the range. All I kept saying in my head, stay tall.

Back