blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wanted to start a new thread with my swing work. Last years thread is here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?51317-I-lt-3-Tadashi

I started to get narrow coming back, played with that narrow swing with THPers in Minnesota. I got back at it to day and worked on it. This isn't a perfect swing, but this is where I am at at this point in 2015.

Thanks to all tagging along.

I think its set to private?

I wish I could keep my left arm that straight. It looks like you're not trying to kill it, but there's plenty of power in that swing. Good stuff.

Swing looks great blu. What's your flight with the driver, a fade? Looks like it started a little left of where your alignment stick was pointed on that one.

Swing looks great blu. What's your flight with the driver, a fade? Looks like it started a little left of where your alignment stick was pointed on that one.

Over the weekend it was a block party with me on the tee box. Honestly, it was been relatively straight most of the season. That ball did have a touch of left to right. But not much.

Looks like a very nice and efficient swing Blu, keep up the good work.

I believe Jeff Ritter teaches a one-plane swing. I see a bit of a difference in your takeaway compared to his. Let me know if you see the same thing. Very nice swing, btw.

That is the best move you've put on the ball to date. Get off the right foot sooner but other wise solid

there's a lot to envy in that swing! looks awesome

I believe Jeff Ritter teaches a one-plane swing. I see a bit of a difference in your takeaway compared to his. Let me know if you see the same thing. Very nice swing, btw.

Are you thinking that swing at the :22? Yes, it is a different move.

That is the best move you've put on the ball to date. Get off the right foot sooner but other wise solid
When do I get to use my trick knee as an excuse? Because I want to.

Not to thread jack, but what are common misses with not getting off your right foot soon enough?

Not to thread jack, but what are common misses with not getting off your right foot soon enough?

I will let Freddie answer the question, but do not be afraid to ask questions, it isn't a thread jacking. It's a learning experience.

I will let Freddie answer the question, but do not be afraid to ask questions, it isn't a thread jacking. It's a learning experience.

I just didn't want to take away from discussion about your swing too much.

I just didn't want to take away from discussion about your swing too much.

No worries. For me, when I would get stuck on my right foot, I would get "belly up" and end up with very high right fades.

No worries. For me, when I would get stuck on my right foot, I would get "belly up" and end up with very high right fades.

When I feel like I'm stuck on my right side, I get a hard sweeping hook, but I wasn't sure if it was caused by getting stuck on my right side or not.

When I feel like I'm stuck on my right side, I get a hard sweeping hook, but I wasn't sure if it was caused by getting stuck on my right side or not.

It's probably the same issue/ballflight I had, but I wouldn't release the club and block it. You may be trying to save it and closing the face.

If I stay back on my right side, my hands get ahead of my body and it is hook city... Sounds like the same issue you are having. I have to make sure I get my lower body moving first to keep that from happening... if I let my lower body get too far ahead, that's where the slice shows up.

I just watched your video and realized I've never recorded or watched my swing before... I think I should try to do that next time I go to the range. I usually just try and figure out what I did wrong with feel... video would be very helpful.

If I stay back on my right side, my hands get ahead of my body and it is hook city... Sounds like the same issue you are having. I have to make sure I get my lower body moving first to keep that from happening... if I let my lower body get too far ahead, that's where the slice shows up.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. You try to get your lower body moving first, but if it gets too far ahead you have problems slicing it? Are you talking left to right slice or right to right slice?

I just watched your video and realized I've never recorded or watched my swing before... I think I should try to do that next time I go to the range. I usually just try and figure out what I did wrong with feel... video would be very helpful.

Especially with the watchful of eyes of a bionic Panda. Freddie does wonders.

I'm sure some could nitpick at the backswing, but you do a great job at getting the club in good positions in the downswing. It's interesting, you initiate the downswing with the lower body, then it almost looks like the hips slow down near impact as the arms whip through, then you rotate again to the finish. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just something I noticed; it's what some swing gurus on Youtube talk about with Rory in his downswing.

I'm sure some could nitpick at the backswing, but you do a great job at getting the club in good positions in the downswing. It's interesting, you initiate the downswing with the lower body, then it almost looks like the hips slow down near impact as the arms whip through, then you rotate again to the finish. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just something I noticed; it's what some swing gurus on Youtube talk about with Rory in his downswing.

That move to initiate that I've heard called a "power squat" is very Rory-esque.

I wish I could tell you that's what I am thinking about. All I was trying to do is set the club on plane, then release it with my body, not my hands.

I know I don't have a lot of wrist cock and I set my wrists very late, I am long as well, but at least I didn't follow the club back with my eyes. So, that's nice.

Looks great blu! Ball go far.

Back