I didn't do much better this past week for my 2nd week of the fall season.

Wednesday 615
Thursday 783(4 games)

Just not getting my ball speed back yet...too many cobwebs to still blow out. :ROFLMAO:

Little bit better last night

Started out fast with a 258 and just some lackluster shot making the last 2 games to end with 645 series.

Spare making is the only thing helping me out at the moment. 95% on single pin spares with a ten pin as only miss through 9 games.

I am 20 pins under entering average. Now that I have 9 games in, I am at a pretty low 204. Think I will get in some brackets next week as I will be getting some sticks as I work on improving my average back up to normalcy. :ROFLMAO:

Got a hustle pearl drilled up. Barely hooks on fresh aka perfect for game 2 and 3 hopefully. Mellow drilling so no crazy wet dry reaction if I miss right.

610 needed a 239 last game. Was lost till the 8th frame of the second game. Just jumped way left to find room. Was standing like 38-42 last game throwing 17. Standard stand left chuck it right slightly slow and use the free hook.

Last week was my first week of the season. I hadn't touched a ball since May.
I started ok with a 226, but then struggled to get the ball to move and completely fell apart the next 2 games.
I left the ball at the alley to get DeToxed. Hopefully that will help this week.

Starting to get a bit of my consistency back Wednesday night had 613.
Thursday night on late shift league had a rollercoaster night. 194-258-171-279. Even with shooting 171 in game 3, I won my point by 2 pins as I am currently getting 32 sticks of handicap. LOL!

Needing to use Genesis tape on my wrist as it has been pretty painful since starting the season. That helped some on Thursday. Last game had the front 9 before getting just a bit fast and left a 5 pin.
Few more weeks I will be back to normal.

A 5 pin in my league requires wearing a hello kitty backpack on the spare shot if you leave a 5 pin.

Abralon pads are your friend Drumdog if you don't use them. Detox should help though.

Wednesday league was just a struggle to find consistency. Good thing is I am getting sticks so have been getting in brackets. Got in for $20 in brackets and walked out with $35 (y)

248-202-181 for 631

Thursday night was much better. Getting sticks here as well which helps in a match play points league.

202-256-258-222 for a nice 938

Brackets were very favorable to me, in this league they start at game 2. Buddy and I put me in for $40 and walked away with $175 :LOL:(y)

The Detox job on my favorite ball did nothing to help it move. In fact, I question that they actually did it.
Last night I tried for 2 games with it and it just didn't have any finish at all in it.
So I switched balls to start the 3rd game and threw 8 strikes in a row that just pounded the pocket.
The 9th slammed the the pocket again but when the smoke cleared, the 7 was standing like a lone soldier on a battlefield. :mad:

I stopped bowling about 3 years ago when it became more about competing and less about fun. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, my son asks me to roll with him so I decide why the hell not. The bad news, 9 out of the 22 balls I still have cracked open like a walnut which is pretty cool because I now have a side project to remove the cores. The good news, my go to balls for deeper oil (mutant cell and IQ tour) were just fine and I popped off a 622 on a pretty easy house shot. Not bad for taking so much time off.

The Detox job on my favorite ball did nothing to help it move. In fact, I question that they actually did it.
Last night I tried for 2 games with it and it just didn't have any finish at all in it.
So I switched balls to start the 3rd game and threw 8 strikes in a row that just pounded the pocket.
The 9th slammed the the pocket again but when the smoke cleared, the 7 was standing like a lone soldier on a battlefield. :mad:
When I detox mine, I also resurface at same time. That always gets the ball essentially to like new out of box. Hopefully the shop used fresh water for your detox.

I stopped bowling about 3 years ago when it became more about competing and less about fun. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, my son asks me to roll with him so I decide why the hell not. The bad news, 9 out of the 22 balls I still have cracked open like a walnut which is pretty cool because I now have a side project to remove the cores. The good news, my go to balls for deeper oil (mutant cell and IQ tour) were just fine and I popped off a 622 on a pretty easy house shot. Not bad for taking so much time off.
Nice! It’s like riding a bike huh? :LOL:
Speaking of cores, here is a pic of the core from a Storm Physix ball. Won it on Facebook from Storm.

1299C590-1B74-4644-99AF-E040280B69FC.jpeg

When I detox mine, I also resurface at same time. That always gets the ball essentially to like new out of box. Hopefully the shop used fresh water for your detox.

I always recommend that after a detox or sweating out a ball. Depending on the ball I’ll take it down to 500/1000/2000. Every 2-3 times I’ll go down to 360 then 500/1000/2000. House conditions or patterns will dictate if I stop at 1000 or go up to 4000

Nice! It’s like riding a bike huh? :LOL:
Speaking of cores, here is a pic of the core from a Storm Physix ball. Won it on Facebook from Storm.

View attachment 8911187

It really is. Took me about 5 frames to get a good read. Balance was trash but I was still able to carry.

130c88d9d8a71242be6a75087e280a66.jpg
8b7cecd504cc6c8af882b2eaf38d790a.jpg

This is the one I’m going to pop open first, DV8 Marauder. Loved that ball. Was awesome when the oil stretched out and started break down.

It really is. Took me about 5 frames to get a good read. Balance was trash but I was still able to carry.
This is the one I’m going to pop open first, DV8 Marauder. Loved that ball. Was awesome when the oil stretched out and started break down.
Oh dang! You got multi directional splitting going on there. :eek:

Bowled the Greater Tulsa Open tournament this weekend. If it wasn't for leaving multi pin spares, and then promptly chopping a pin off of the conversion I would have had a good score. :ROFLMAO: Had more 6 pins left on the deck from a 6-10 conversion it was crazy. Likely couldn't do that again if you gave me $100. :dohanim:

632-640-658 = 1930 all events

Felt pretty good last and had a really good look with a new ball.

256-237-201 = 694

Last shot of game 3, I got barely slow and left a split. Would have been first 700 series for my Wednesday league. But it also knocked me to 2nd place in 2 brackets so gave up $30 with that one shot. :ROFLMAO::dohanim:

Felt pretty good last and had a really good look with a new ball.

256-237-201 = 694

Last shot of game 3, I got barely slow and left a split. Would have been first 700 series for my Wednesday league. But it also knocked me to 2nd place in 2 brackets so gave up $30 with that one shot. :ROFLMAO::dohanim:

I SOOOOO hated the 3rd game let down. Usually happens so fast too, oil breaks down, break-point moves like 10 boards and you go full panic chasing. Not saying that happened to you, but I know it does to me lol

btw, is that Belmo in your avatar pic?

I SOOOOO hated the 3rd game let down. Usually happens so fast too, oil breaks down, break-point moves like 10 boards and you go full panic chasing. Not saying that happened to you, but I know it does to me lol

btw, is that Belmo in your avatar pic?
Yea, I was moving feet and target left about every few frames. That last shot was definitely me slowing down a bit.

It is indeed Belmo in my pic. Cool story as he was in Plano at my usual house and was giving "money" away for the bowling app XBowling. I actually ended up shooting 300 while he was in the house, and was using the ball I was holding to shoot it which was one of his collaborated balls, the Storm Drive. :cool: Got the pic with him after I bowled the 300.

It is indeed Belmo in my pic.

As long as you weren't rolling two handed on that 3 you popped off, I'll accept it as a kick ass story. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

As long as you weren't rolling two handed on that 3 you popped off, I'll accept it as a kick ass story. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
LOL!! Nope, not a 2 hander. Not that there is anything wrong with that! :ROFLMAO:

Wrist is feeling much better and my consistency is coming back now that I am able to keep ball speed up.

Thursday night shot 252-218-225-232 = 931
Not bad on a 205 average. :dohanim:

US Open live on CBSSN right now

Back