Too much fine print in boxing!

Pac man will take this one , that guys awesome.

Death, taxes, and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. missing weight…

Fury/Wilder III likely postponed. I need to find a new local place that shows fights because I’m not paying the PPV price!

Man, that Fury/AJ fight is never going to get off at this rate. If they postpone this one to August, it will be up against Pac/Spence marketing and in September we have AJ/Usyk. That means this one (if postponed) will likely take place October at the earliest.
Yeesh. :banghead:

Boo!

Big heavyweight fight coming up this weekend, though you'd hardly know it. Usyk looks like a live dog if he can avoid the big shot.

Too much has happened with the sweet science as of late for me to want to follow anymore. I remember back when boxing was so great to be a part of, it's such a shame with some of stuff that's happened over the past years. Jake Paul and his brother, the mountain. Boxing is not a side show attraction!

I do love watching a good fight though, the thrill is hard to beat in the ring as well.

Too much has happened with the sweet science as of late for me to want to follow anymore. I remember back when boxing was so great to be a part of, it's such a shame with some of stuff that's happened over the past years. Jake Paul and his brother, the mountain. Boxing is not a side show attraction!

I do love watching a good fight though, the thrill is hard to beat in the ring as well.
The side show aspect has been around as long as boxing has. Check out Big George fighting 5 guys in one night 🤣🤣

Not trying to convince you of anything but there are some incredible active fighters out there right now. If you're a fan of boxing, its a great time to start watching some of these young guys.

I love boxing but the sinyc in me believe tons of fights have been rigged through the years, and still are getting rigged.

My friend's father is a boxing promoter so he asked if I wanted to go to a boxing match. It really doesn't appeal to me, but people keep telling me it's different when you're there live. I have a feeling it would be even less appealing live though. Anyway - has anyone ever been to a live boxing match and if so, is it fun?

I've been to many in person beginning in 1960.

Among the fighters that I've seen in person are Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Oscar De LaHoya, Floyd Patterson, Arturo Gatti, Marvin Hagler, Lennox Lewis, George Foreman, and many, many more.

When boxing was primarily televised on HBO and Showtime, you didn't have to buy all of the pay-per-views. You only bought the ones you were really waiting to see, The rest, you could just wait a week and see them replayed on HBO or Showtime. Now, they're all on streaming services and I've lost track of the sport. You can't buy all of them.

But I've seen live matches in Madison Square Garden, Yankee Stadium, the MGM Grand, and many other famous venues. Beginning in the 1950s when I was a young boy, it was my favorite spectator sport.

Manny Pacquiao has officially retired.
1632918437274.png

I was reading that this morning. Our only 8 division champ. Jut an amazing pound for pound fighter. I remember seeing him in 2014? Maybe against Mayweather. That man is truly a boxing legend.

What a stellar career the Pacman had. Never a trash talker, always tried to get the best fights, didn't complain about decisions or things not going his way. Pure class in the ring.

Funny connection, my wife is Filipino and our first date was to see Pacquiao/Cotto (I'm Puerto Rican, so Cotto was my guy). Fast forward a few years and her father mentions that he knows one of the guys in Pacquiao's entourage. He put in a word when we got engaged and gave me this truly awesome congrats gift

20210929_090715.jpg

Glad Joshua lost to Usyk. DIdn't see it, but heard Usyk did good.

Anyone watching the Muhammad Ali Ken Burns doc? I watched all of it, it was great of course. Ali was something else for sure. For a guy who allegedly had a low IQ (he failed the test for military service - maybe he failed on purpose??) he was a really sharp, witty guy. Some of his views were really out there. When I heard that he was a guy who liked to sign autographs for his fans, I liked him even more. Just shocked he let a cult leader like Elijah Mohammad control his thinking so much.

Fury Wilder fight tonight. Now complaining about the gloves.

My friend's father is a boxing promoter so he asked if I wanted to go to a boxing match. It really doesn't appeal to me, but people keep telling me it's different when you're there live. I have a feeling it would be even less appealing live though. Anyway - has anyone ever been to a live boxing match and if so, is it fun?
Never been, my dad taught me to box, wish i had seen an event or two live, dad did spar with a heavy weight champ Jack Dempsey. So he knew his way around the ring, would have been nice to do that with dad.

Do it, spend a few hours with your dad, years from now you’ll be glad you did.

Am I the only one who thinks Wilder is overrated?

Wanted to watch this fight, but I’m not going in on PPV for these two.

Can we finally put these Fury/Wilder fights behind us now

Back