I don't think Fury is really done after this, but I could be surprised. Would love to see Usyk take a crack at him for a chance at crowning a unified/undisputed heavyweight champ. Only 6 guys in history have achieved 4-belt undisputed status, and Usyk has a shot at doing it in 2 divisions! Would be wild to see.

Edit: if Crawford fights and beats Spence, he'd also be a 2-division undisputed champion 😳

I don't think Fury is really done after this, but I could be surprised.

He seems pretty adamant. Normally when a boxer says he’s retiring, it means they are gonna take a few months off before retiring, but Fury is definitely not your average boxer. I think he could actually be done. Fighting in front of a packed Wembley stadium, that’s pretty much the pinnacle for any British fighter. Not many get to out at the top. I’d love to see him fight Joshua, but I don’t think Fury has anything left to prove.

He seems pretty adamant. Normally when a boxer says he’s retiring, it means they are gonna take a few months off before retiring, but Fury is definitely not your average boxer. I think he could actually be done. Fighting in front of a packed Wembley stadium, that’s pretty much the pinnacle for any British fighter. Not many get to out at the top. I’d love to see him fight Joshua, but I don’t think Fury has anything left to prove.
True, and I completely agree that there's nothing he needs to do to prove that he's the best of his generation. Its also fair to say Fury is a different kind of dude, compared to other boxers. I just can't see him turning down what would be a likely $50-75 million payday as the A-side against a guy like AJ or Usyk. He could make more money for that one fight than he has in his career, combined.

If anyone has DAZN, Liam Smith and Jesse Vargas are fighting in a phone booth right now. Very entertaining back and forth.

Watched about half of the Valdez vs Stevenson fight. It was awful. I don't know how Valdez managed to win 30 fights as a professional. Talk about tomato can alley.

Boots taking care of business again, TKO in the 2nd on the Charlo/Castano undercard. I can't wait to see him step up against guys like Spence, Crawford, Ortiz, Stevenson, etc. Going to be a big problem to avoid now that he's a mandatory.

Boots taking care of business again, TKO in the 2nd on the Charlo/Castano undercard. I can't wait to see him step up against guys like Spence, Crawford, Ortiz, Stevenson, etc. Going to be a big problem to avoid now that he's a mandatory.
He's got some firepower. He's going to need it because it's difficult for an orthodox fighter to effectively jab a south paw (Spence/Crawford).

Don't care if this fight is way past it's "sell by" date, Nelo-GGG III in September gets me excited. Some guys were born to fight each other (Gatti/Ward, Morales/Barrera, Pac/Marquez) and these two have that kind of chemistry. I hope they can deliver another good one.

Inoue punished Donaire this morning to unify the WBA, IBF, and WBC belts. 2nd round TKO.

Did anyone see Usyk beat up Joshua again? :)

Didn't even know it was on but I saw the highlights and was glad he got the win. On to Fury for Usyk, if he doesn't retire. Sizewise that will be quite a difference if the fight happens but I'd love to see it. I'm a big Usyk fan now.

11/19!!!

1663277678777.png

I don't think Usyk stands a chance against Fury because Fury is six inches taller and forty pounds heavier.

Gervonta Davis in trouble again.

i have to admit that jake paul is an absolute genius. dude has made a ton of money boxing ufc guys. now he is going to fight nate diaz, who i think knocks him out.

i have to admit that jake paul is an absolute genius. dude has made a ton of money boxing ufc guys. now he is going to fight nate diaz, who i think knocks him out.

Yep. But he picks his opponents carefully. He's not a very good boxer. He'll never sign up to fight anything but tomato cans. But it's paid him really well so far.

Looked like a good one last night. I need to find a bar that gets the PPV cards.

I fought in Golden Gloves in the late 70's. I quit and concentrated on my martial arts when my mass grew faster than my reach....... Guys in my weight class (Light heavy weight) were 4-5" taller than me... And Angelo Dundees guys from Kronk knew very well how to exploit the reach advantage. Boxing matches are a hoot........

Last edited:
I fought in Golden Gloves in the late 70's. I quit and concentrated on my martial arts when my mass grew faster than my reach....... Guys in may weight class (Light heavy weight) were 4-5" taller than me... And Angelo Dundees guys from Kronk knew very well how to exploit the reach advantage. Boxing matches are a hoot........
I won Golden Gloves a couple of times in the 80s as a kid. That seems like another lifetime ago

is boxing the most corrupt sport? i would say absolutely. last night wasn't the worse decision ever but it was bad. Lomachenko, out punched and put landed Haney is every category, every category but still lost. they want Haney to be the next big thing and Lamachenko is old news now. Haney is an American boxer and Lomachenko is foreign. it is getting to the point, that either you knock your opponent out or a decision could be stolen from you. again not the worse decision ever but still not a good one.

the odds went from Lomo being a +230 dog at the beginning of the the flight to a -500 after round 11. that's how far ahead many thought Lomo was up.

Fury fighting Ngannou, what a joke. The best boxer if this generation and still prime'ish vs a mixed martial arts fighter. Yeah Ngannou is mostly a boxer in ufc but has next to zero chance if winning. Yes he could get lucky and catch fury but if fury can take D Wilder's best shots he can take Ngannou's. I think fury toys with him the first few rounds and let's Ngannou tire himself out, then he knocks him out.

Fury fighting Ngannou, what a joke. The best boxer if this generation and still prime'ish vs a mixed martial arts fighter. Yeah Ngannou is mostly a boxer in ufc but has next to zero chance if winning. Yes he could get lucky and catch fury but if fury can take D Wilder's best shots he can take Ngannou's. I think fury toys with him the first few rounds and let's Ngannou tire himself out, then he knocks him out.

Fury's got one foot in retirement. He doesn't have the mind to fight any more but he can't let it go.

Back