billj

Reaction score
Handicap
What is so hard about breaking 100? I am over 100 almost every game :beat-up:. LOL
Anyway hello all. I found this forum because I am a club builder as a hobby and have made a few pennies on the side. I was looking at the comparison of the Lamkin Perma-Wrap 3Gen vs the new Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G. I bought 2 of each grip yesterday. I put a Lamkin on my 3 wood and 5 iron amd a Tour Wrap on my 5 wood and 7 iron. Standard size grip fits me well without any extra layers of tape. My longest finger is 3 3/8". I have tried many types of grips, velvet, DD2, Winn. They are all nice grips, but my first set of clubs had real leather wrap grips, a used set of clubs many years ago. I then went to a modern Tour Wrap, and of all the grips I have tried I keep going back. They just feel comfortable. Anyway I'll try to get out to the range this weekend and let you know which grip better. Of course August here in Florida might be a better test!

first of all welcome to THP

I've tried both grips and I am really looking forward to ear what you think about them.

Welcome to THP! Golf is a tough game for sure.

welcome to THP and good luck breaking 100

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp: man! I remember the breaking 100 hurdle, it's all about avoiding the penalty strokes and keeping it in play there. I still have the very occasional 100+ round, and it is always because I get myself in big trouble off the tee.

Welcome to THP.

Keep it in play and keep it up, you will have no problem breaking 100.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and gals out there I assume. On the subject of grips there was one other i was looking at but have not bought. It is the KARMA Tour Wrap Grip. The seller states: Same quality as Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips ... just less expensive.
Has anyone had any experience with Karma Grips? They are about half the price of a Tour Wrap. So......I am cautious.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and gals out there I assume. On the subject of grips there was one other i was looking at but have not bought. It is the KARMA Tour Wrap Grip. The seller states: Same quality as Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips ... just less expensive.
Has anyone had any experience with Karma Grips? They are about half the price of a Tour Wrap. So......I am cautious.

You may be better off starting a new thread in the Shafts, Grips and Fitting section about those grips. The check in desk is mainly for introducing yourself to the forum. Equipment questions might get lost in here.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP, good luck on your road to break 100.

Back