Brees has 4 of top 5 completion percentages for a season all time... In his prime, no one was more accurate.
True for completion percentage; however Rodgers was more accurate in not throwing to the opposing team and averages more touchdowns and less interceptions per game and per attempt on higher yards/attempt, hence the higher passer rating.

i never like the argument of "he had better talent"....brady turned wes welker and julian edleman into guys who caught 130 in a season. qb makes good players great.

Here's how I'd do it:

I'd pick an elite third-party team - let's say the 2020 Bucs, Chiefs, or Bills. You have one season with that roster and either Brees or Rodgers in his prime. It's close, but I think I take Brees in that case because he's a better leader (IMO) and will probably produce better results over the course of a season. Since football is a team sport, the better more effective QB will produce better results.

There are so many variables and intangibles, I can't say one is decisively "better" than the other.

Here's how I'd do it:

I'd pick an elite third-party team - let's say the 2020 Bucs, Chiefs, or Bills. You have one season with that roster and either Brees or Rodgers in his prime. It's close, but I think I take Brees in that case because he's a better leader (IMO) and will probably produce better results over the course of a season. Since football is a team sport, the better more effective QB will produce better results.

There are so many variables and intangibles, I can't say one is decisively "better" than the other.
i like this philosophy (y)

I think we can say that Aaron Rodgers was better at not throwing interceptions and better able to move outside the pocket and also scramble. Probably (definitely) better in cold weather games.

Here's how I'd do it:

Rodgers has a better record and more wins in the playoffs in 6 fewer years. Personally I think he has done it with less too. Crappy coaches and inferior talent around him. Saints have been all in loaded every year and Brees had Sean Payton most of his career.

hands down Rodgers and its not close... Brees is great but I think Rodgers is in a class above

Brees has always had a better system and much more weapons.... and while it cant be proven, id have to say playing in perfect conditions his whole career certainly made it easier for Brees to succeed. That's noone's fault but it could make a difference

Last edited:

This is closer than I would have thought.

My original thought was Rodgers by a long shot mainly because I am thinking of today and who is better now.

Yet, if you look over time Brees does match up very well with Rodgers. And frankly, has better stats.

Brees has over 80,000 passing yards and over 570 TDs in 20 seasons versus Rodgers having over 51000 and over 410 TDs in 16 years.

Both have one Super Bowl ring, Rodgers has two MVP seasons to Brees' one MVP season.

I would say Rodgers has much better talent and is just a better player, but Brees was able to do more with his lessor talent.

Rodgers has the better playoff record at 11-9 versus Brees at 9-9

It is really close, but I still have to say Rodgers despite Brees having the stats over him. Rodgers just has had much less talent with him over the years and not nearly the same quality coach. I would lean Rodgers, but could understand the thoughts just looking at statistics and people that go with Brees.

This is closer than I would have thought.

My original thought was Rodgers by a long shot mainly because I am thinking of today and who is better now.

Yet, if you look over time Brees does match up very well with Rodgers. And frankly, has better stats.

Brees has over 80,000 passing yards and over 570 TDs in 20 seasons versus Rodgers having over 51000 and over 410 TDs in 16 years.

Both have one Super Bowl ring, Rodgers has two MVP seasons to Brees' one MVP season.

I would say Rodgers has much better talent and is just a better player, but Brees was able to do more with his lessor talent.

Rodgers has the better playoff record at 11-9 versus Brees at 9-9

It is really close, but I still have to say Rodgers despite Brees having the stats over him. Rodgers just has had much less talent with him over the years and not nearly the same quality coach. I would lean Rodgers, but could understand the thoughts just looking at statistics and people that go with Brees.
3 MVPs for Rodgers

Based on MVPs Rodgers, based on almost everything else.... Brees.

there's hundreds of guys with better measurables than Brady. 🤷‍♂️
Please stop with your logical explanation!
A-aron play for the most storied team in NFL history that everyone wants to play for. Drew and Sean Peyton won a Bowl with the sAints! Drew is 5 foot nothing but can light up the best defenses in the league. It's all subjuctive.

WHOOOOOO DDDAAAAATTTT!

P.S. Aaron is so good that Green Bay wants to get rid of him.

Rodgers...

Arena Football #'s should be discounted! Brees played 3/4 of his career in a Dome as compared to outside in GreenBay.
I really really like Brees and I really dislike Rodgers for someone who is supposedly the Best QB ever according to some on here he should have more than 1 SB.

I lean towards Rodgers only because he plays outdoors. They both are/were amazing QB's and were splitting hairs here.

I will admit that I am completely biased. To me it isn't close - Rodgers is much better and among the all time elites.

Would rodgers have put up the same numbers in the New Orleans offense?

I say no.
No offense but I think you may have stopped at the turn for a toke and a shot of whiskey.

Rodgers is Sandy Kofax and Brees is Burt Blyleven. Only people from Minnesota would take Blyleven over Koufax.

Having a debate with the kool aid drinking @JDax about who was better (not who is better) career wise. I say Rodgers and it isn't close as he threw a better deep ball, was as accurate or more so and a much quicker release. @JDax is a Saints fan, and says Brees. Now keep in mind that barring Brees also playing at LSU couldn't be a bigger fan. :D

I think that sets the stage properly. But looking at the entire body of work, who you got?

Rodgers. But damn close.

And I thought the title said “Beer” I didn’t have to read anymore than that to click on it.

Arena Football #'s should be discounted! Brees played 3/4 of his career in a Dome as compared to outside in GreenBay.
I really really like Brees and I really dislike Rodgers for someone who is supposedly the Best QB ever according to some on here he should have more than 1 SB.

I lean towards Rodgers only because he plays outdoors. They both are/were amazing QB's and were splitting hairs here.
Brees played college at Purdue, and did fine in the elements in college... Not his fault he was drafted by San Diego & went to the Saints.

I agreed that some of the responses are laughable with their praise of Rodgers like he’s the best to ever play the position...

Back