Bridgestone e6 Vs. B-330 RX

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
after putting the Pink B-330 RX in play the past 2 rounds, I noticed that the ball didn't stray off the FWY all too often. both of my rounds were 8-14 FWY and the misses were just off the FWY. is it safe to say that the B-330 RX are just like the e6 on helping with slice or hook with just a urethane cover? what are your thoughts?

To my knowledge, no, they're different. I believe the E6 has a different dimple pattern that helps reduce sidespin.

after putting the Pink B-330 RX in play the past 2 rounds, I noticed that the ball didn't stray off the FWY all too often. both of my rounds were 8-14 FWY and the misses were just off the FWY. is it safe to say that the B-330 RX are just like the e6 on helping with slice or hook with just a urethane cover? what are your thoughts?

No, they are completely different balls. Yes, both are easier to compress for amateur golfers, but aside from that, they are totally different golf balls. Cover, dimple pattern, etc.

Check out the "Mystery Ball" thread. I switched from the E6 to the B330 RX and there's lots of info in that thread. Totally different balls. I would say the E6 is even straighter but not by much. B330 RX adds a substantial amount of short game spin over the E6.

I like the E-6, but for me the 330 RX is a much better all around ball. Only wish they wear the same price as the E 6 !

Check out the "Mystery Ball" thread. I switched from the E6 to the B330 RX and there's lots of info in that thread. Totally different balls. I would say the E6 is even straighter but not by much. B330 RX adds a substantial amount of short game spin over the E6.
can you get me a link when you get a chance?

I know they are not the same. I guess the "just like" was the wrong set of words to use. LoL

I'm just saying that the B-330 RX were straight like the e6 for me and I enjoyed playing with them. I might put these in play in my league rounds. they will be replacing the '10 e5 and Yellow QStar. someone want to buy 5 dozen of my remaining '10 e5's. haha

I've played both recently and the e6 is straighter and longer for me with the RX being easier to control on short approach shots. That being said I don't have problems keeping the e6 on the green on intermediate approaches.

I've played both recently and the e6 is straighter and longer for me with the RX being easier to control on short approach shots. That being said I don't have problems keeping the e6 on the green on intermediate approaches.
if they were priced the same, which ball would you use?

I wouldnt say that the 330RX has anything that is designed to reduce sidespin like the E6 has. Id call it a mere coincidence.

if they were priced the same, which ball would you use?
Good question. For my game the e6 is probably best, although I've shot some great scores with the RX and RXS. If I'm playing a shorter course and my fade is under control then the RX is in play.

I currently play them both but mainly the B330RX. Both are very straight for me with the e6 being maybe a little longer. The B330RX is much better around the greens for me offering more spin, which I like. I would guess that the e6 would be a little straighter for you as well but none of us swing the same. I'd work out the swing flaws with a pro and not try to depend on the ball to do it.

Lots of interesting info in that thread

The B series balls seem springy, and kinda jump off the face of the club compared to the E series to me.
I went from playing E6 to B330S

For me it is the B330 RX by far. I have used both and was part of the blind ball testing. I think I am as straight with the RX or E6 but I hold more greens with the RX by far.

I use to game the e6 as well and I enjoyed that they offered different colors. I only really tried out the RXS and not the RX. I enjoyed gaming the RXS but the price was a little steep. I guess when you think about it, spending $40 per dozen is not too bad considering I only lose a few a round. I was looking at it different before as I tend to lose 3-5 balls a round, sometimes more. now, I normally go a round with just 1-3 balls. right now, the RX are on sale so I might look into buying a few dozens for next year. I might get a few dozens of e6 for regular rounds also. I enjoy the orange e6 in the summer months were it's really green on the course. orange just stands out.

Back