Bridgestone e6 Yellow Testing Thread

+1 or is it +2? I definitely see these being in use for me year round. Especially if Bridgestone makes their premium balls in yellow...

+2 or +3 by Hanks count...

I could use this ball year round for sure.

I was pretty impressed with how the ball held up. I generally show at least a little shredding on the skin, but not with this one.
The yellow must be formed well into the top layer because it never scratched away like the old color balls of yesteryear.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Good stuff, ddec!

Good stuff ddec. Looks cold out there, Nerfny need a second glove.

Nice reviews Duey and ddec, glad to see everyone is enjoying this new golfball Maybe it wont be a "limited" production run.

I am a little surprised but I haven't heard from the new names I listed either....You all have until the end of the day today otherwise I am moving on to different people. If you aren't sure if your name has been selected check the first post. Thanks!

Nice reviews Duey and ddec, glad to see everyone is enjoying this new golfball Maybe it wont be a "limited" production run.

I certainly hope they aren't a limited run. I would really like to see these stick around permanently.

weak...

I am a little surprised but I haven't heard from the new names I listed either....You all have until the end of the day today otherwise I am moving on to different people. If you aren't sure if your name has been selected check the first post. Thanks!

Wrong thread, but I'd like to see the RX series in yellow as well. I like the RX for the really firm greens. It's got a bit more spin to help with stopping the ball, but not so much that I lose control of it off the tee.

Wrong thread, but I'd like to see the RX series in yellow as well. I like the RX for the really firm greens. It's got a bit more spin to help with stopping the ball, but not so much that I lose control of it off the tee.

Theres a thread for that. :angel:

I'll PM you again if it gets me another sleeve...haha

Theres a thread for that. :angel:

Yea, I posted in there too :) The reason that I like Bridgestone so much is that there are a couple golf balls that fit my swing speed and characterics. I can make a choice depending on the course.

For example:
Tight course with normal/softer conditions = e6
Big fairways and firm greens = RX

Yea, I posted in there too :) The reason that I like Bridgestone so much is that there are a couple golf balls that fit my swing speed and characterics. I can make a choice depending on the course.

For example:
Tight course with normal/softer conditions = e6
Big fairways and firm greens = RX

I agree with you. Ive been using the RX but I cheated a couple weeks ago with the e5 and it was exciting. And on Saturday I played the last hole with a e6 and it was fun all over again.

I agree with you. Ive been using the RX but I cheated a couple weeks ago with the e5 and it was exciting. And on Saturday I played the last hole with a e6 and it was fun all over again.

I have never played an e6 before. These yellow ones might just be a good starting point.
I have a hard time not gaming a premium ball, but more often than not I ask myself how much of a difference it will really make. My answer is generally - not much.

While the e6 isn't as soft as the S or RXS it's still pretty soft for a non-premium ball. the side-spin killing feature is a real bnous, give them a whirl
I have never played an e6 before. These yellow ones might just be a good starting point.
I have a hard time not gaming a premium ball, but more often than not I ask myself how much of a difference it will really make. My answer is generally - not much.

Geez, this is a shame that people are not responding. I will test some of these if you would like or need me to.

While the e6 isn't as soft as the S or RXS it's still pretty soft for a non-premium ball. the side-spin killing feature is a real bnous, give them a whirl

Yea- I bought a dozen Gammer's and think they are very playable. I have one more yellow Zstar left. Maybe when that goes I'll pick up a dozen e6 yellow to replace them!

Sorry for the delayed write-up. I received my sleeve of balls Friday and took them out for 18 on Saturday. It was brutal out there with 25 mph winds and around 45*. It was also my first round within the past month so it was a little rough starting but ended like normal. The only ball I had on hand to compare the yellow E6 with were the B330-RX, so I used each ball independently for every hole. It's really not the most fair comparison on ball performance since it is a "tour ball" but it has to compete to find a spot in my arsenal.

Before I go any farther I want to let you know I'm not a fan of the colored balls. My eye is trained to find a white golf ball so looking for a little yellow sphere is a little different for me. I tried a box of the competitor's yellow balls when they first came to the market and lost them all very quickly in tall grass and other misc. errant shots, so I never restocked.

Driver: The E6 flew well as it is designed to. Most of the shots went straight down the middle and then took an abrupt turn at the end thanks to the gusting winds. The distance was very similar to the RX and maybe varied up to a couple of yards. The E6 felt a little more tightly wound than the RX because I could feel a little harshness with each impact. It was nothing bad, just not as smooth as I'm used to with the RX.

Irons/Wedges: Once again, this ball performed as advertised. It went pretty well straight at the target. It didn't have much spin when hitting a GIR and sometimes rolled off of the tiny greens I play on, but I'm an individual that doesn't like a whole lot of spin. I like to let the ball hit the green and roll toward the hole (hopefully). I had a few chip shots that went as planned and tapped the pin, but nothing fell for me. The feel of the E6 vs the RX was pretty similar here. Everything I put a smooth swing on felt great on impact and gave good results most of the time.

Putter: It felt like most softer compression balls do, very smooth off the putter face and rund the direction it's struck. The bad thing for me is that I rush my putts more often than I should since I play a lot of solo rounds.

Yellow color: I am a believer in the yellow ball now. It was much easier to spot with all the leaf litter on the ground than the standard white ball. There were even some times I teed off with the white ball and had no idea where it flew because as soon as I looked up I lost it in the sun. Luckily I teed off with the yellow ball and was able to track it in the sky against the sun and cloud cover. When I arrived at the yellow ball, I could usually find my white one within a couple of yards. I now feel that I understand the benefits of the colored ball and am not totally against trying it again.

Overall performance: Is this any magical ball? No. Did it score lower than the RX? Yes, by 2 strokes (but that is mostly due to operator error with the clubs). Will the E6 make a regular spot in my rotation? Maybe. I might keep a sleeve or two on hand for the fall rounds with leaves on the ground. If the RX gets a color change, it might become a regular gamer for me.

I hope someone can make sense of my short descriptions. I sometimes have trouble transerfering my feelings into specific words.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone for this fun opportunity to take something new for a test run!

Nice write up buddy, I really like the honesty in there. Thats what matters.

I'm going to look into getting some new colored balls this Fall. The colored ones that I have in my bag are all finds, and what I generally use as my 'water hole' tee shot balls.

Thanks for the write up DG! Loved the results you saw from this ball

Ok we are moving on two three new people. If you see your name here please send me a PM with your address. Thanks!

Chunkylover77
Johndeere10
Bridges

Ok we are moving on two three new people. If you see your name here please send me a PM with your address. Thanks!

Chunkylover77
Johndeere10
Bridges

I know CL will you get a PM asap! He's been dying to try these, can't imagine Bridges will be far behind

Back