Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

We've been cold, rainy, and 25 - 50+ winds this week but I will playing in our annual alumni 2-man scramble on Saturday and looking forward to spending some time engraining Mindset and having more conversations about the benefits I'm experiencing.

I told my wife last night that I've enjoyed both Mindset and the Tour B RX golf ball so thoroughly that it will be my golf ball for 2024. While there a golf balls that I've enjoyed testing this year, this golf ball seems tick so many boxes for me. Combine that with how completely Mindset is working for my brain and this was an easy decision.

Cold, wet, and rainy around her this week so I didn't get out to use the Mindset ball, but still checking in, and bumping this thread, to answer any questions.

Putting….

Today I went out to the practice green at home and putted.
IMG_1592.jpeg

I conducted an experiment for those asking about the MindSet logo vs just doing the process vs nothing.

15 putts each from 8’ and straight and timed
1. MindSet process with visual tech
2. MindSet process with alignment line
3. Randomness “lots of internal verbalizing” no focus with alignment line
4. Randomness “lots of internal verbalizing” but with MindSet visual tech up
IMG_1595.jpeg
The results were very eye opening. This was timed and I only used one ball.
1. 13/15 and 7 minutes
2. 11/15 and 7.5 minutes
3. 8/15 and 9 minutes
4. 10/15 and 8 minutes

Honestly I felt the most comfortable with the Mindset logo and following the process. When I didn’t make a putt, I was able to reset my mind very quickly. I like the green dot barely visible.
IMG_1594.jpeg

Has been raining for the last few days, but got out for the back 9 this morning. The Mindset process came in really helpful not necessarily in a specific golf shot today, but in general helping me reset my mind mid round and play some of my better golf so far this year.

Group in front let me play through and I always get a little flustered in those situations - pressure to hit good shots, move a lot more quickly than normal and wanting to play through as efficiently as possible. I trudged my way through the hole with a string of bad shots, a little out of breath and a double bogey. On the next hole, the Mindset process really helped me reset my head, calm down and block all the noise from that last hole. Ended up striping a drive right in the middle of the fairway, 2nd shot exactly where I wanted, approach to middle of green for FIR, and 2 putt par. Was able to continue that momentum for the rest of the round.

I felt like the visual reminder of the logo is what really helped me reset today. I put the ball on the tee, aligned the logo / arrow toward my target (there’s my visual cue), took a few deep breaths to calm down and started the 3 step process.

While I’m getting better at the mindset process in general on my shots, I am still finding in these types of scenarios, the logo is helpful to make sure my mental game stays on the right track instead of taking a negative turn.

Yesterday I was able to take Mindset into a slightly different space than the rounds previously played with it: I played in my hometown's annual alumni tournament (2-man scramble). It provided an opportunity to put Mindset in play when the stakes were a little higher and I was not disappointed. Due to being a scramble, I wasn't able to track my shots using Shot Scope, but without a doubt had my best ball-striking day in memory. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I can't stress enough what this testing has done for my mental game and in turn what it has done for my physical game. The 3-step process is becoming every bit as much a part of each shot as grabbing a club from my bag. I don't have to think about it, it's not a hindrance, I don't have to force it.

I was talking to the teams paired with us yesterday (someone has seen and asked about Mindset each time I've played with anyone other than my kids) and walked them through the intended process and purpose. A couple of those guys have played golf with me for a long time and they made comments about the changes they were seeing in my game and one of them pointed out something that likely summarizes the biggest perceived benefit of to my game: "I have yet to see you hit two consecutive bad shots. I've never seen you able to let go of a poor shot so quickly and avoid some level of snowball effect." I had yet to think of it in that way, but it was perfectly said. Even if I'm unhappy with a shot, as soon as I begin to pick out my next target area, the previous shot is out of my mind (along with the negative emotions that could influence the next shot. I am refocusing and re-centering after each golf shot and it's helping my game immensely.

On an added note, I picked up the 3-dozen box of Tour B RX on sale (only non-Mindset was available) at PGATSS on Friday. I mixed in my Mindset golf balls so that I have that reminder present, but I noticed yesterday that I continued walking through my 3-step process even when using the graphic-free version of the ball. I love having the graphic as a reminder, but I love even more what the mental process is unlocking for me.

***On a side note: we won our flight with a 74 (+2).

Last edited:
Yesterday I was able to take Mindset into a slightly different space than the rounds previously played with it: I played in my hometown's annual alumni tournament (2-man scramble). It provided an opportunity to put Mindset in play when the stakes were a little higher and I was not disappointed. Due to being a scramble, I wasn't able to track my shots using Shot Scope, but without a doubt had my best ball-striking day in memory. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I can't stress enough what this testing has done for my mental game and in turn what it has done for my physical game. The 3-step process is becoming every bit as much a part of each shot as grabbing a club from my bag. I don't have to think about it, it's not a hindrance, I don't have to force it.

I was talking to the teams paired with us yesterday (someone has seen and asked about Mindset each time I've played with anyone other than my kids) and walked them through the intended process and purpose. A couple of those guys have played golf with me for a long time and they made comments about the changes they were seeing in my game and one of them pointed out something that likely summarizes the biggest perceived benefit of to my game: "I have yet to see you hit two consecutive bad shots. I've never seen you able to let go of a poor shot so quickly and avoid some level of snowball effect." I had yet to think of it in that way, but it was perfectly said. Even if I'm unhappy with a shot, as soon as I begin to pick out my next target area, the previous shot is out of my mind (along with the negative emotions that could influence the next shot. I am refocusing and re-centering after each golf shot and it's helping my game immensely.

On an added note, I picked up the 3-dozen box of Tour B RX on sale (only non-Mindset was available) at PGATSS on Friday. I mixed in my Mindset golf balls so that I have that reminder present, but I noticed yesterday that I continued walking through my 3-step process even when using the graphic-free version of the ball. I love having the graphic as a reminder, but I love even more what the mental process is unlocking for me.

Great detailed feedback, I hope this stops working by this Fall. 😎

Yesterday was the first chance I had to get the Mindset BX out for a round. The course was wet so there was a lot of lift clean place going on.

Putting: Greens were in poor shape, shaggy with a lot of bumpiness and cups that looked 2 weeks in the same spot. I never made anything outside a few feet. I did putt both with and without using the Mindset markings. What I did notice was that when using mindset my misses were smaller than when not. Speed control was better and putts missed on the edges rather than inches outside the cup. I didn’t use the arrow portion of the mindset as alignment. I find it a bit short to actually try to get exactly on the target line.

Off the tee I did the same, sometimes using Mindset and sometimes hiding it. I only hit a couple fairways but both were when I had the Mindset markings visible. I used the steps to check setup and recall a swing thought before focusing on the dot and swinging. Misses in either orientation were playable so while I did notice a slight improvement with mindset I’m not ready to call it significant.

My approach game was just bad all around so being able to clean and place with mindset visible didn’t really help matters all that much. I did play some shots where it was partially visible but didn’t find it distracting.

In general the B X ball it probably not the best ball for me to play in cooler weather. The combo of a firmer ball plus cool weather was more punishing on mishits. I’ll continue playing this ball and hopefully things warm up before I lose them (I topped one into the drink yesterday, gotta clean that up 😒)

Some great feedback going on in this thread!!!

This is awesome!!! Love this @Redd

This was going to lead me to a question for all testers and anybody else who has used the ball.

What has been your biggest mental improvement since using the MindSet visual tech?

Mine has been the ability to forget what’s behind me and focus on what’s in front of me.

This has been absolutely huge for me since I’m not the best ball striker. The MindSet visual tech has truly helped me lower blow up holes which will help my scoring.

Bridgestone did say that this would have a big impact on higher handicap golfers. I 💯 believe this to be a true statement. I’m fully in the camp of this isn’t marketing hype.

I’m working on emptying my mind and focus when I’m over the ball next.

Some great feedback going on in this thread!!!

This has been an eye opening experience @JDax. I knew the mental game is important, but had no idea how much of a game changer it would be.

I’d say that Bridgestone’s first golf ball with extra printing (I believe this to be factual), will be a great success.

My only concern for them is how to the get it in the hands of the everyday golfer walking through the golf ball isle?

Putting….

Today I went out to the practice green at home and putted.
View attachment 9252674

I conducted an experiment for those asking about the MindSet logo vs just doing the process vs nothing.

15 putts each from 8’ and straight and timed
1. MindSet process with visual tech
2. MindSet process with alignment line
3. Randomness “lots of internal verbalizing” no focus with alignment line
4. Randomness “lots of internal verbalizing” but with MindSet visual tech up
View attachment 9252675
The results were very eye opening. This was timed and I only used one ball.
1. 13/15 and 7 minutes
2. 11/15 and 7.5 minutes
3. 8/15 and 9 minutes
4. 10/15 and 8 minutes

Honestly I felt the most comfortable with the Mindset logo and following the process. When I didn’t make a putt, I was able to reset my mind very quickly. I like the green dot barely visible.
View attachment 9252692
Did you use the arrow at all
for alignment with the green ball at the back, or just for a focus point?

This was going to lead me to a question for all testers and anybody else who has used the ball.

What has been your biggest mental improvement since using the MindSet visual tech?

Mine has been the ability to forget what’s behind me and focus on what’s in front of me.

This has been absolutely huge for me since I’m not the best ball striker. The MindSet visual tech has truly helped me lower blow up holes which will help my scoring.

Bridgestone did say that this would have a big impact on higher handicap golfers. I 💯 believe this to be a true statement. I’m fully in the camp of this isn’t marketing hype.

Biggest improvement for me is getting back into visualizing the shot. The single
focus on the tee has also been really impactful as well.

Well the mindset logo can’t overcome spreading two dozen bags the day prior. It was a rough ball striking day.

That said, I do think it helped me not feel like the round got completely off the rails. It was especially good with a few tricky shot game shots I was able to pull off when I kinda needed it to happen. Not thinking technically over those shots was really good.

Tough to pinpoint just one. I would say two things really stand out as most impactful.

First, like you, getting past a blowup hole and just resetting before that next tee shot. Having a routine to go back to helps me forget about the bad shots I just hit on a prior hole.

Second, committing to the shot and being able to just hit the ball. Finding a focal point on the ball, whether it be the green dot or some other reference point, has helped me rid my mind of all those random thoughts that creep in and allows me to just commit to the shot. Found this pretty helpful.

There’s a bunch more, but those stand out the most so far.

Did you use the arrow at all
for alignment with the green ball at the back, or just for a focus point?

I 💯 used the arrow for alignment, but having the green dot barely visible helps for a focal point. Plus, I use it in my mind that’s where the putter face is going to impact the ball.

Can’t wait to take the Tour B X MindSet to a course I don’t play often tomorrow. This should be true test.

I'm hoping to get out for a soggy cart-path-only round tomorrow myself. If I do it will likely be another that I use both the Mindset ball and a regular Bridgestone.

Even though the tour, BX isn’t the perfect ball for me, I’ve found myself keeping at least one of these in my bag. Losing focus on course is something I really struggle with. If I play a couple bad holes or particularly bad shots in a row, I get out the mindset ball. It really is a good reminder to slow down and think about what I’m doing. I find it helps me get back on track pretty quickly.

Thanks to everyone sharing their experiences. I ordered two sleeves of TourB RX Mindset today to give them a try.

This is awesome! Can’t wait to hear your feedback!

Even though the tour, BX isn’t the perfect ball for me, I’ve found myself keeping at least one of these in my bag. Losing focus on course is something I really struggle with. If I play a couple bad holes or particularly bad shots in a row, I get out the mindset ball. It really is a good reminder to slow down and think about what I’m doing. I find it helps me get back on track pretty quickly.

Good idea. I am going to have to try this. I really like the Mindset process and markings but don’t think the B RX that I have been using is the ideal ball for me (Callaway Chrome Tour has been a better fit). While the process is becoming ingrained the more I have used the Mindset ball, the reminder would be helpful and I’ve been searching for the best way to do that. May also try a different Tour B ball w/Mindset tech but the CT seems like the perfect fit right now.

Good idea. I am going to have to try this. I really like the Mindset process and markings but don’t think the B RX that I have been using is the ideal ball for me (Callaway Chrome Tour has been a better fit). While the process is becoming ingrained the more I have used the Mindset ball, the reminder would be helpful and I’ve been searching for the best way to do that. May also try a different Tour B ball w/Mindset tech but the CT seems like the perfect fit right now.

Might look at Tour B X

Swapping in the ball for a hole or two to reset is a really interesting / good idea even if its not the regular gamer ball. I'm obviously using it every round for the testing, but no doubt it has helped me regain focus after a bad hole so I could see that strategy working out. Just this past weekend, went from a double bogey hole that involved hitting trees on 2 consecutive shots and missing an easy 3 foot putt, to immediately hitting a string of pars on the following holes.

What a round!!!

I played 2100yds with my son using nothing longer than a 7i for 9 holes.

2 bogeys, 5 pars, 2 birdies for 36, no lost golf balls and no 3 putts!

Here is my 2 birdie putts.
IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1616.jpeg

Trial pack arrived today, but not until after I finished playing 18 holes. Probably won't get to try them for another week or so.

FYI, the trial pack 2-sleeve is $19.99 ($3.33/ball) vs. $49.99 ($4.16/ball) in a 4-sleeve box 🤔

mindsetgb.jpg

Last edited:
Back