Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I could see them being a little slower at retail. Its a product that require some education. I saw them at PGASS and they were just mixed in with every other ball with a banner thing at the top of the shelving rack that had a little info. It almost feels like this might need more of an endcap display with something a bit more to help educate someone who is just perusing the golf ball section. Definitely not a marketing person by any stretch, but that was my impression at the store.
Yep this is another thing that I agree with and said back in the off course podcast thread when the discussion around mindset started.

I remember saying something to the extent of this could be really good if Bridgestone goes all in on it and provides training videos and tips on their website. And that should definitely extend to the displays as well.

Maybe I’m missing it but I just haven’t heard a lot of stuff from Bridgestone around the whole concept with the exception of Dan’s podcast.

Any of you testers actually quantifying your results by using shot tracking analytics before and while using the Mindset balls?
Strokes gained tee shots -
Last 15: 0.05 compared to 0.59 and 0.47 over the last two rounds

Strokes gained approach -
Last 15: -2.19 compared to -1.63 and -0.21 over the last two rounds

I honestly would have thought the tee game might have been a bigger delta

Yep this is another thing that I agree with and said back in the off course podcast thread when the discussion around mindset started.

I remember saying something to the extent of this could be really good if Bridgestone goes all in on it and provides training videos and tips on their website. And that should definitely extend to the displays as well.

Maybe I’m missing it but I just haven’t heard a lot of stuff from Bridgestone around the whole concept with the exception of Dan’s podcast.
Current homepage has it very prominent with several videos right up front when you click the explore mindset link.

Have you watched them yet? What would you like to see included that isn't shared?

1711387124841.png

Current homepage has it very prominent with several videos right up front when you click the explore mindset link.

Have you watched them yet? What would you like to see included that isn't shared?

View attachment 9251426
Interesting those must not have been there last week or I definitely missed them. Glad to see they have some stuff up now.

Post for That Post to look at

They are doing a lot in X (Twitter) and their website. Check the link above @That post and see where the QR code link takes you.

Any of you testers actually quantifying your results by using shot tracking analytics before and while using the Mindset balls?
Here's my strokes gained vs. 10 hcp. I haven't tracked the data on par 3 courses I've played so data is pretty limited and need to take with a grain of salt. I'm sure both the positives and negatives are impacted by small sample size and early season rust.

Seems like some improvement in tee shots and approaches. Tees shots data correlates to what I've seen on the course. Approach kind of surprised me.

My short game and putting have been atrocious so far this year. The stats just show how much rust I have to work off - I've been averaging around 40 putts per round so far :(. I'm starting to see some bright spots in short game with Mindset, but it will probably take some time for it to show in my stats.

Tee shot: 1.74 last 2 vs. 1.09 in 2023
Approach: 1.48 last 2 vs. -0.10 in 2023
Short game: -1.80 last 2 vs. -1.24 in 2023
Putting: -6.73 last 2 vs. -0.03 in 2023

Here's my strokes gained vs. 10 hcp. I haven't tracked the data on par 3 courses I've played so data is pretty limited and need to take with a grain of salt. I'm sure both the positives and negatives are impacted by small sample size and early season rust.

Seems like some improvement in tee shots and approaches. Tees shots data correlates to what I've seen on the course. Approach kind of surprised me.

My short game and putting have been atrocious so far this year. The stats just show how much rust I have to work off - I've been averaging around 40 putts per round so far :(. I'm starting to see some bright spots in short game with Mindset, but it will probably take some time for it to show in my stats.

Tee shot: 1.74 last 2 vs. 1.09 in 2023
Approach: 1.48 last 2 vs. -0.10 in 2023
Short game: -1.80 last 2 vs. -1.24 in 2023
Putting: -6.73 last 2 vs. -0.03 in 2023
I see what you mean about short game and putting, but they'll come around, too. It is early in the year and in the testing process as well. The gains in tee shots and approaches is terrific!

Some of these numbers hurt worse than other, but for the sake of transparency...

Tee -
2023: -0.32
Last 3: +1.24

Short Game -
2023: -0.03
Last 3: +0.49

Approach -
2023: -2.25
Last 3: -1.52

Putting -
2023: -0.54
Last 3: +0.99

2023 : <10 ft - -0.49
10-20 ft - +0.97
20-30 ft - +0.47
30+ ft - -0.42
Last 3: <10 ft - +1.60
10-20 ft - +1.86
20-30 ft - -0.33
30+ ft - -2.14

If I'm being completely honest, I don't fully grasp all that is reflected by the shots gained numbers. I do know that my swing is slowly coming around post-swing changes. I also know that there have been marked improvements (mentioned in previous posts) that I attribute directly to Mindset.

Last edited:
I've been sample size skeptic a little bit with my numbers, but seeing it repeated with a good number of the early testers, especially with some early season golf, makes me start to not worry about sample size.

I've been sample size skeptic a little bit with my numbers, but seeing it repeated with a good number of the early testers, especially with some early season golf, makes me start to not worry about sample size.

I agree

More thoughts on these balls. I've been chipping around my backyard the last few days practicing with these balls and they are also a great training aide. Obviously, if I am playing I can't spin the ball around to see the green dot when chipping, but it has helped me with my focus and chipping. Again, I now realize I need to try and focus much more on the ball than I have in the past. I am making more consistent strikes of the ball when I have the green dot to focus on.

I know we are all different in the way we process thought, so I am speaking for only myself: Mindset is proving to be less about the (near) constant visual connection with the graphic and more about the mindset it is creating. The more intentional I am about following the 3-step routine, the less necessary it becomes for me to be looking at the graphic during my swing. It sounds like the graphic has proven to be helpful for some, like @TJRyska mentioned, when focused upon during the actual golf shot but that just hasn't been my experience. Although the graphic is always on the golf ball, I am beginning to view it more like a recipe or in the same vein as a chord sheet when I first learn a new song on my guitar. At the onset, I rely heavily on my eyes physically being on the process that I am learning/completing. After some repetition, those steps/chords become part of my mindset and my need for the visual cue throughout every step becomes less. The process doesn't change when I'm not looking at the visual cue, but instead becomes second nature. Again, I understand not everyone thinks the same way as me, but it's been fascinating how Mindset has been received by so many different people who are benefitting from the concept even when implementing it in different ways.

I know we are all different in the way we process thought, so I am speaking for only myself: Mindset is proving to be less about the (near) constant visual connection with the graphic and more about the mindset it is creating. The more intentional I am about following the 3-step routine, the less necessary it becomes for me to be looking at the graphic during my swing. It sounds like the graphic has proven to be helpful for some, like @TJRyska mentioned, when focused upon during the actual golf shot but that just hasn't been my experience. Although the graphic is always on the golf ball, I am beginning to view it more like a recipe or in the same vein as a chord sheet when I first learn a new song on my guitar. At the onset, I rely heavily on my eyes physically being on the process that I am learning/completing. After some repetition, those steps/chords become part of my mindset and my need for the visual cue throughout every step becomes less. The process doesn't change when I'm not looking at the visual cue, but instead becomes second nature. Again, I understand not everyone thinks the same way as me, but it's been fascinating how Mindset has been received by so many different people who are benefitting from the concept even when implementing it in different ways.
Great insights here. Thanks for sharing!

I think this is pretty similar for me as well. The visual absolutely helped with the initial transition to using the 3 step process, however, I feel like I rely just a little less on the actual visual itself with each round. Just in my last round, after I lost the ball, I played a non-Mindset one for the remainder of the round and felt like I did a decent job following the 3 stop process without overthinking it too much. It just takes practice and time to really become second nature. Even when it comes to something like the green dot, I've been able to apply that general concept in a way where I feel like I can find a specific spot on the ball to focus on whether that be a specific dimple, small marking or specific letter, whatever. I do think when it comes to blowup holes or really bad shots, that visual cue is a helpful reminder to bring it back to the 3 step process and not let other thoughts or emotions take over. But again, with practice and time, that can also become second nature.

You could think of this like any other training aid to you might buy to improve a specific area of your game. Over time, you may not need that particular training aid anymore once you've fixed that specific flaw. The difference here is the underlying ball with or without the visuals is the same. You can always have the training aid with you even if you don't need to focus on it, just in case.

View attachment 9251426
OK, I've watched all of these videos now. I think it's great that they have some of this stuff out there now. But even in their videos, specifically the second one starting at 4:32, they say you can focus on anything, and the mindset is there simply as a reminder. That brings me back to my point of how useful are they past the first box to get someone acquainted with the mindset process. After that first box they could use the B on the ball or the 1 or whatever they like to keep in the process they've learned.

Here is the part I'm referring to.

There is no 'tech' like the triple track or clearpath so I just don't see them having staying power. But that's just my opinion on the matter. I hope to be proven wrong. I think being in the right frame of mind to play golf is important and is an often overlooked aspect of the AM game.

Last edited:
Another thing I remember from when I watched the Bridgestone/J Day videos, Day said he rates each shot on a 10 scale on how well he hit it compared to what he visualized. That sounds like a good thing to try once the Mindset process becomes more automatic. I'm not there yet myself, but it sounds like an interesting idea to try anyway. I can see it now, playing with my friends and how they would look at me wondering what the heck I'm talking about when they here me say "alright, that was an 8.", "Oh sh*t, not another 3!" after a tee shot.

OK, I've watched all of these videos now. I think it's great that they have some of this stuff out there now. But even in their videos, specifically the second one starting at 4:32, they say you can focus on anything, and the mindset is there simply as a reminder. That brings me back to my point of how useful are they past the first box to get someone acquainted with the mindset process. After that first box they could use the B on the ball or the 1 or whatever they like to keep in the process they've learned.

Here is the part I'm referring to.

There is no 'tech' like the triple track or clearpath so I just don't see them having staying power. But that's just my opinion on the matter. I hope to be proven wrong. I think being in the right frame of mind to play golf is important and is an often overlooked aspect of the AM game.

Do you think they missed anything in the videos you would have preferred to see?

Do you think they missed anything in the videos you would have preferred to see?
No I think they explained the concept well enough and gave a good demonstration

No I think they explained the concept well enough and gave a good demonstration
I think a bit more of the options on the various ways to use it as some of the testers have seen might have made sense, although that could also muddle the message 🤔

Mindset is proving to be less about the (near) constant visual connection with the graphic and more about the mindset it is creating.

The visual absolutely helped with the initial transition to using the 3 step process, however, I feel like I rely just a little less on the actual visual itself with each round.
I think this would have to be the case, less reliance on the graphic itself, to have a positive impact in cases where it isn't showing or is off kilter, such as 2nd shots and chip/pitch shots from around the green, whenever you can’t put your hands on the ball.

Been playing with the BridgestoneTour BRX white box prototype balls with the Mindset marking for the past 3 weeks and I like them.

"Your mind's a generator. Your body's a motor" - Moe Norman

This morning I was listening to an old interview with Moe Norman. In this particular section of the interview Moe said numerous times, "I never pictured a bad shot. Only good shots. There are no bad shots in my bag. I never pictured a bad shot." Do I still hit bad shots? Don't ask silly questions...of course I do. While Mindset by Bridgestone is new, the truth of the concept is not. Analytical thought needs to be separate from athletic performance.

I cannot overstate the value of this process to my golf game. I am seeing improvement in every aspect of my golf game, even having begun working on a swing change in the last couple months, and I attribute a large percentage of that improvement to my learning to consistently choose my landing area (I've yet to choose a negative target area), visualize the flight path (I've yet to visualize a chunk/thin/bad path), and then immediately moving to action. One other note that I'm not sure I've mentioned previously is that I am visualizing the shot as if it has already happened, as opposed to as I hope it happens. The more the results mimic what I've visualized in my pre-shot routine, the more confidence I take into the next shot for my body to produce what my mind is visualizing.

I hit drivers in the shop tonight.

I missed the green dot.

We're back to wet weather here, not likely for me to be able to get out again until next week.

Back