Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

While I know it to be untrue, I feel like Mindset was created FOR me. I keep saying it's not a magic pill, but it feels like that might not be true for my game. My mind is always running a million miles per hour and that fact only becomes more true as I make bad shots. In those moments, I tend to operate from the "emotional mind" and get stuck in a vicious cycle of negative thoughts that only snowball. Mindset continues to line up perfectly with my sessions with my provider, allowing me to learn how my mind works and how to break some of those nasty cycles before they ruin a round. Mindset is providing the routine that allows me to settle in and function void of (too much) rational thought and, even more than that, is allowing me a reset before every shot.

I've talked about several aspects of my time with Mindset, but this particular truth is what has made this concept worth its weight in gold to me: I'm seeing an absence of snowballs. I absolutely still have bad shots, but I am truly able to reset after each shot and refocus before that one bad shot turns into twelve bad shots. In the last three rounds with Mindset I have hit one ball into the water (topped shot), no balls out of bounds, and have yet to hit two consecutive bad shots. These are HUGE for me. I have been able to let go of those bad shots, visualize my next shot, expect success, and go. Mindset has truthfully had a greater positive impact to my game than any other equipment (or training aid) I've ever used.

As an added bonus, it had been a few years since I've gamed Bridgestone Tour B golf balls and I am extremely happy with the performance I am seeing thus far. I plan to play a few rounds with the Tour B RXS so I can compare spin and distance numbers to the Tour B RX, but I now plan to game a Bridgestone Tour B golf ball this season...and that was NOT a major consideration prior to this testing.

Came in to catch up a bit on everyone’s thoughts and it’s really positive in here. Love that for you guys. Two of you have already said you’ve stopped using it on the green and this process is close to second nature. Have you tried playing with another ball to see if the process is truly there? Or does the logo still “create” that reminder for you even if you don’t use it every time?
I, also, 100% am using the Mindset process on every putt. I have just stopped using the graphic as an alignment aid. In regards to using Mindset with another ball, I have not yet because I've so thoroughly enjoyed the Tour B RX golf ball that I haven't wanted to hit anything else.

Came in to catch up a bit on everyone’s thoughts and it’s really positive in here. Love that for you guys. Two of you have already said you’ve stopped using it on the green and this process is close to second nature. Have you tried playing with another ball to see if the process is truly there? Or does the logo still “create” that reminder for you even if you don’t use it every time?
@Muchmore - would you prefer the exact same ball, sans midset logo?

@Muchmore I really want to try a round with the CT my ball of choice and see what happens. I think if the round is going find the visual reminder may not be necessary if it is ingrained into your subconscious. However, when a blow up hole occurs that safety net might be REALLY nice.

I've really enjoyed the Tour B X golf ball FWIW.

@Muchmore - would you prefer the exact same ball, sans midset logo?
I think this would be fun to see how much the logo is needed after the “intro phase” if you will. obviously you know the steps to the process. But does having that visual effect you deeper than you think it does?

And I guess biggest comparison apples to apples would be same ball, but I don’t think that’s completely necessary. Go with what you feel!

While I know it to be untrue, I feel like Mindset was created FOR me. I keep saying it's not a magic pill, but it feels like that might not be true for my game. My mind is always running a million miles per hour and that fact only becomes more true as I make bad shots. In those moments, I tend to operate from the "emotional mind" and get stuck in a vicious cycle of negative thoughts that only snowball. Mindset continues to line up perfectly with my sessions with my provider, allowing me to learn how my mind works and how to break some of those nasty cycles before they ruin a round. Mindset is providing the routine that allows me to settle in and function void of (too much) rational thought and, even more than that, is allowing me a reset before every shot.

I've talked about several aspects of my time with Mindset, but this particular truth is what has made this concept worth its weight in gold to me: I'm seeing an absence of snowballs. I absolutely still have bad shots, but I am truly able to reset after each shot and refocus before that one bad shot turns into twelve bad shots. In the last three rounds with Mindset I have hit one ball into the water (topped shot), no balls out of bounds, and have yet to hit two consecutive bad shots. These are HUGE for me. I have been able to let go of those bad shots, visualize my next shot, expect success, and go. Mindset has truthfully had a greater positive impact to my game than any other equipment (or training aid) I've ever used.

As an added bonus, it had been a few years since I've gamed Bridgestone Tour B golf balls and I am extremely happy with the performance I am seeing thus far. I plan to play a few rounds with the Tour B RXS so I can compare spin and distance numbers to the Tour B RX, but I now plan to game a Bridgestone Tour B golf ball this season...and that was NOT a major consideration prior to this testing.

I really enjoy reading this. I plan to try and incorporate the MindSet philosophy for my 10 year old as well.

I wonder how these are doing at retail? Talking to a couple guys I know at a local golf store they said they’ve yet to sell a box. It’s a smaller store and maybe that has something to do with it but it was surprising to me.

If they end up going to deep discount to move them I’ll buy some in my preferred BX flavor.

Last edited:
I, also, 100% am using the Mindset process on every putt. I have just stopped using the graphic as an alignment aid. In regards to using Mindset with another ball, I have not yet because I've so thoroughly enjoyed the Tour B RX golf ball that I haven't wanted to hit anything else.
Yeah I should have clarified that you guys meant you stopped using the aid on the green. Not stopped using it all together.

And if you have an RX without it, it would be a fun experiment to see how much the logo does for someone when they have the steps down as well as you guys do. There were a couple posts about how the aid can mess with people when it’s a little off when out in the fairway or rough or something. Well can the same success be found when you don’t have to even worry about the logo anymore? Or can you get it so engrained in your routine that aid doesn’t matter anymore?

Also I’m definitely not saying you should switch balls to check, just thought it would add some fun context for those following like me who’s very intrigued after how much positive feedback I’m seeing. I love my Callaway ball, but could I use some of these for a bit, get this process down and go back and see the same success? Or would I constantly need the visual cue, even if I KNOW the steps

Yeah I should have clarified that you guys meant you stopped using the aid on the green. Not stopped using it all together.

And if you have an RX without it, it would be a fun experiment to see how much the logo does for someone when they have the steps down as well as you guys do. There were a couple posts about how the aid can mess with people when it’s a little off when out in the fairway or rough or something. Well can the same success be found when you don’t have to even worry about the logo anymore? Or can you get it so engrained in your routine that aid doesn’t matter anymore?

Also I’m definitely not saying you should switch balls to check, just thought it would add some fun context for those following like me who’s very intrigued after how much positive feedback I’m seeing. I love my Callaway ball, but could I use some of these for a bit, get this process down and go back and see the same success? Or would I constantly need the visual cue, even if I KNOW the steps
I follow you completely and share the same curiosity. I have strongly considered taking advantage of the "buy 3, get 1", but can only find that deal on non-Mindset Tour B golf balls. I feel like I would continue using the process, at this point, even if using a different golf ball/Bridgestone ball sans-Mindset. I think that was a great thought/question! if I'm being honest, I don't recall the last time I looked for the graphic (other than when I have ball in hand). To some level, I think it's already engrained enough in my mind that I don't have to see it to remember the process. Unexpected!

I think this would be fun to see how much the logo is needed after the “intro phase” if you will. obviously you know the steps to the process. But does having that visual effect you deeper than you think it does?

And I guess biggest comparison apples to apples would be same ball, but I don’t think that’s completely necessary. Go with what you feel!
Might be less feel and more convenience as I think it might be a bit of a hike across town to find a sleeve of RXS. Either way, will go with a logo-less ball to see how it works.

I wonder how these are doing at retail? Talking to a couple guys I know at a local golf store they said they’ve yet to sell a box. It’s a smaller store and maybe that has something to do with it but it was surprising to me.

If they end up going to deep discount to move them I’ll buy some in my preferred BX flavor.
It’d be a shame if it comes to that based on my experience with them.

but could I use some of these for a bit, get this process down and go back and see the same success? Or would I constantly need the visual cue, even if I KNOW the steps
This is such a big question for me. I honestly don’t know how well we will be able to test as I think I know subconsciously I’m still evaluating the ball/concept.

I do know there has been times, moreso when out of position, or thinking about getting up and down, that seeing the logo has caused me to take a moment to reset mentally on the actual task at hand. Thats the best I can offer so far.

It’d be a shame if it comes to that based on my experience with them.
I think it starts to go back to my original thoughts on them. That the logo could potentially be on anything and could probably be any series of markings to initiate a “mindset process” for someone. Then once they’re familiar with getting into that mindset process then I think the need for this specific logo may dwindle. And at that point, maybe they can make a pattern that is significant to them personally.

I just feel like this has a much better chance of success, long-term if Bridgestone could do some sort of custom ordering process for people to design their own but that’s probably not feasible

I think it starts to go back to my original thoughts on them. That the logo could potentially be on anything and could probably be any series of markings to initiate a “mindset process” for someone. Then once they’re familiar with getting into that mindset process then I think the need for this specific logo may dwindle. And at that point, maybe they can make a pattern that is significant to them personally.

I just feel like this has a much better chance of success, long-term if Bridgestone could do some sort of custom ordering process for people to design their own but that’s probably not feasible
With as much as you can play you should give them a run and see. Maybe play a week with the ball and play a week with some other “custom” mark or logo on a glove or towel or the like.

I’m still in the “on the ball matters” camp as you look at it every shot no matter what. I don’t think you can say that about any other piece of gear.

This is such a big question for me. I honestly don’t know how well we will be able to test as I think I know subconsciously I’m still evaluating the ball/concept.

I do know there has been times, moreso when out of position, or thinking about getting up and down, that seeing the logo has caused me to take a moment to reset mentally on the actual task at hand. Thats the best I can offer so far.

This has been me as well.

With as much as you can play you should give them a run and see. Maybe play a week with the ball and play a week with some other “custom” mark or logo on a glove or towel or the like.

I’m still in the “on the ball matters” camp as you look at it every shot no matter what. I don’t think you can say that about any other piece of gear.
I’d be willing to do it. I’m going to be playing BX this year anyway. So maybe at some point I’ll buy BX with mindset on them.

I’m still not sure why it matters to be on the ball anywhere but on the tee when you can orientate it however you like. It seems unlikely that you’d be looking at it on every shot. But maybe it’s a you have to be there kind of situation

Any of you testers actually quantifying your results by using shot tracking analytics before and while using the Mindset balls?

Any of you testers actually quantifying your results by using shot tracking analytics before and while using the Mindset balls?
I can't speak for anyone else, but every shot and every round is actually tracked with Shot Scope. The quantifiable results are being shared right along the results that are not as easily quantifiable.

For me it's all about helping to shape a solid pre shot routine. Which is a great subtle reminder.

I use shotscope so all of my rounds are tracked, but the first two rounds I've gone between three different balls as I've been trying to decide which ball i'm going with for the year.

League is supposed to start this week (might get rained out Wednesday), so will play the mindset balls in league rounds until they are gone. So should be able to get some stats in.

I’m using shot scope as well. I’ll get some data up later.

For me it's all about helping to shape a solid pre shot routine. Which is a great subtle reminder.
That’s so true. I think at time the concept get lost that it is not solely an alignment aid. Yes there are arrows that can be used, but it’s broader than that.

Same with the questions around “well when it’s not on top I can’t use from the rough or fairway…”. Unless really buried in some heavy rough, you should be able to see some or all of the logo when hitting an approach shot. It’s there to provide that reminder to work your routine. That‘s why I think being on the ball is so key.

I’d be willing to do it. I’m going to be playing BX this year anyway. So maybe at some point I’ll buy BX with mindset on them.

I’m still not sure why it matters to be on the ball anywhere but on the tee when you can orientate it however you like. It seems unlikely that you’d be looking at it on every shot. But maybe it’s a you have to be there kind of situation
Unless you are really buried in the rough you will be able to see and use it as a cue.

It took me a while to catch up on this thread this morning, some of you guys have way more time during the day to be on THP than I do. I did want to get back to this one though. My home course is one where it is very common for just about everyone to lose some golf balls, so my rounds there I have been alternating between the Mindset balls and regular Tour Bs. The process hasn't become second nature for me quite yet, but I have found that since it is what I'm working on while playing, when I do use the other ball I can use the Bridgestone "B" as my focal point without getting away from the process. I honestly don't think I'm that far off from trying a whole round without the Mindset ball to see if I can stick with it, but when I do I'll surely have a sleeve in the bag just in case.

I spent so many years where data collection and analysis was a big part of my job, I do not use any data tracking for golf other than what I write on a score card (score, fairways, greens, putts). I can say that for my round at my home course last week I posted my best score since May last year, so that's saying something!

I could see them being a little slower at retail. Its a product that require some education. I saw them at PGASS and they were just mixed in with every other ball with a banner thing at the top of the shelving rack that had a little info. It almost feels like this might need more of an endcap display with something a bit more to help educate someone who is just perusing the golf ball section. Definitely not a marketing person by any stretch, but that was my impression at the store.

Back