Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Big thanks to THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test these. I don’t have the balls in yet for testing, but tried to put into practice the methodology behind mindset when I skipped out for some golf. It feels like I had a better than average ballstriking day.

The most striking was the tee shot on 5. On 4, the ferrule popped on my fairway wood so I was a little distracted headed to the 5th tee and didn’t do the routine. The first one I flared out short and right, arguably my worst strike of the day. Dropped a second ball, went through the process, and still pushed it a touch right but just off the green and pin high as shown below by the cart. I can’t help but wonder what would have happened with the mindset image on the ball. Would I have been distracted?

IMG_7998.jpeg

Interesting concept. Not sure about calling it a technology though.

Ironically I was distracted and missed this entire thread, sign ups everything, & while I can see the pushbike from folks, as someone who supremely struggles from a lack of routine with every part of the golf swing, I may have to give this a try.

It will be interesting to test these out. When I first saw it thought it may be too specific to just Jason Day, but listening to off course about it, and the going through the bridgestone website on it changed my mind a bit. Seeing the three colors just as reminders to have that process of identifying the target, visualizing the path, and focusing on the dot may help. It’s definitely worth a shot.

I will be very interested in hearing what everyone thinks.
I went and listened to the podcast and It makes a lot of sense and made me want to give them a shot.
I have never been a huge fan of Bridgestone balls but I will have to pick up some RXS mindset when I see them in stores.

I was fortunate enough to be selected to test and review the Tour B RXS Mindset here on the forum. I'm really looking forward to getting them in hand, I like that they are something completely different, and a bit intrigued by the concept. I don't use an alignment aid when putting, I actually did a test and review on the Chrome Soft Triple Track, loved the ball but the Triple Track just didn't click for me. This on the other hand doesn't claim to be an alignment aid, so I figure I can point the arrow in the general direction I'm aiming, do my normal visualization, then focus on the dot. It's going to be fun to see if it makes a difference, it'll be great if it does, and no great loss if it doesn't, because the ball is so good anyway.

In my opinion, the one place where everyone could benefit from the Mindset technology is on the driving range. Instead of pounding golf balls mindlessly. I can see using Mindset to create a meaningful preshot routine.

Took the Mindset BX out for 18 today... After listening to the off course podcast and watching some bridgestone YouTube videos with Jason Day, I attempted to utilize his method as much as I could and honestly, it seemed to have a positive effect on my game... That being said, my swing started to fall apart the last few holes but I think the premise has merit.

I really like this ball off the driver, irons, wedges and putter. I will put the new ball against the last model for a few rounds and get them on the Sim to look at numbers.

Last edited:
Will be putting these to the test in a few days. Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts also. I do believe that it is something that can help me. I often have a let down on the 14th tee. Building a routine that keeps me focused can’t hurt. If I focus on a target and a specific ball flight it is often very helpful. IMG_8955.jpeg

I've got 36 holes in, and a couple of hours on the putting green, with these. I like it off the tee but not so much on the green. I've usually putted with a single line on the ball. I like Triple Track and used it a good bit. With the straight line or lines, noticing that it might not be aligned exactly on my line didn't bother me. With Mindset, I don't know if it is the circles of or just a different look to which I'm not accustomed but I'm not as comfortable with my line on the green. Yesterday, I flipped back and forth aligning putts with Mindset and Tour B text. I was more comfortable looking at the text than Mindset. I'm not giving up on it, just some early observations.

I've got 36 holes in, and a couple of hours on the putting green, with these. I like it off the tee but not so much on the green. I've usually putted with a single line on the ball. I like Triple Track and used it a good bit. With the straight line or lines, noticing that it might not be aligned exactly on my line didn't bother me. With Mindset, I don't know if it is the circles of or just a different look to which I'm not accustomed but I'm not as comfortable with my line on the green. Yesterday, I flipped back and forth aligning putts with Mindset and Tour B text. I was more comfortable looking at the text than Mindset. I'm not giving up on it, just some early observations.
That's interesting. Wonder if it is because the Mindset logo doesn't have that typical linear look . I dont typically use the line on the ball when I putt, so wonder if I'll have a different experience when I start testing these out.

How have you found it so far on the 2nd and 3rd shots where the logo might be under the ball and not really visible? Do you tend to forget the 3 step process without the visual cue?

How have you found it so far on the 2nd and 3rd shots where the logo might be under the ball and not really visible? Do you tend to forget the 3 step process without the visual cue?
It's definitely helpful to have the visual cue off the tee. I generally follow the same type process without Mindset but don't pay as much attention to it as much as I should. So, I can't really say anything changed when it wasn't visible.

Last edited:
In addition to using the alignment aid on a golf ball to putt, I also use it on every tee shot. The graphic on the B/S golf ball doesn't do anything more for me than the alignment aid on any golf ball.

In addition to using the alignment aid on a golf ball to putt, I also use it on every tee shot. The graphic on the B/S golf ball doesn't do anything more for me than the alignment aid on any golf ball.
Its not supposed to be an alignment tool.

Its not supposed to be an alignment tool.
It's interesting, right? This is not an alignment tool but golfers are so wired to think of marks on the ball as alignment based.

It's interesting, right? This is not an alignment tool but golfers are so wired to think of marks on the ball as alignment based.

I think in many ways, that will be something that many will have to come to understand. I can't wait to use these honestly.

I was telling @Campbell Toe that I was gonna use it (the way I understood the explanation)...target and variables (I. E. Environmental and distance), shot visualization, and execution. Red ring, Orange ring, green dot.

And while might seem like a stretch to put that on the ball, it does give you that visual cue. I point the arrow in the direction that want to take off the tee.

I think that is absolutely the case, including me when I first saw them. Listening to that podcast with @Canadan really dialed in the thought process for me. I look forward to THPer feedback

Should've done more homework.

Well it doesn't help that there is an arrow on the design.

Well it doesn't help that there is an arrow on the design.
That's a valid point. And honestly why I initially wrote it off as it looked like a goofy arrow for putting that didn't fit what I would be looking for.

I'm am curious to find out if focusing on the green dot, get that quite eye, and the arrow for general direction will free me up from really thinking too much while putting, and just let instinct take over. Either that, or it looks way to busy and I start putting with the image down.

Man, this chatter makes me regret not grabbing some Mindset RX balls when I was in the shop over lunch to not only test the mindset approach but also the RX vs. the RXS.

Back