Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

That's a valid point. And honestly why I initially wrote it off as it looked like a goofy arrow for putting that didn't fit what I would be looking for.

I'm am curious to find out if focusing on the green dot, get that quite eye, and the arrow for general direction will free me up from really thinking too much while putting, and just let instinct take over. Either that, or it looks way to busy and I start putting with the image down.

I've watched all of the videos and not sure what the arrow is for. The 3 steps are:
1. Commit to the shot - RED
2. Visualize the shot have your mind tell your body what the shot looks like- YELLOW
3. Take your shot with the image of your shot in your mind until you focus on the green dot - GREEN

I've watched all of the videos and not sure what the arrow is for. The 3 steps are:
1. Commit to the shot - RED
2. Visualize the shot have your mind tell your body what the shot looks like- YELLOW
3. Take your shot with the image of your shot in your mind until you focus on the green dot - GREEN
Maybe it's a queue for the commit part of the shot?

I would think that is probably what it is. Step 1 is identify the target so wherever that may be out in front of you, probably intended to be a visual cue to pick out the target directionally and start getting the data around that target.

I would think that is probably what it is. Step 1 is identify the target so wherever that may be out in front of you, probably intended to be a visual cue to pick out the target directionally and start getting the data around that target.

In my mind, that is what I was going to use the arrow for.

I'm excited to use the arrow off the tee. Keeps me aligned, but maybe (hopefully?) not so precise that I can swing freely.

As @Scooby45 voiced, I'm grateful to Bridgestone Golf and THP for the opportunity to test the Bridgestone Mindset Tour B RX. I do not yet have these golf balls in hand, but I've spent some time on the Bridgestone site, watching YouTube videos, and trying to familiarize myself with the concept of Mindset. When I first read about this concept, like many others, I immediately pushed back and failed to see the benefit. After listening to Off Course, I was intrigued with the idea and backed off my initial attitude.

For the first time in my (golf) life, I am being very intentional with my practice and play and believe Mindset can be a positive influence on my golf game. Due to my diagnoses, it's extremely difficult for me to control my brain activity and focus on a single(ish) swing thought. I started yesterday trying to implement this three-step process before every shot and, honestly, my ball-striking was much improved throughout the round. Too small a sample size to say anything definitive, but the results yesterday make me excited to continue implementing Mindset consistently while testing out these golf balls from Bridgestone.

Found this on X. Found this to be funny and insightful for mindset. Jason Day and Tiger make to commentary light as well…

Played my 1st round with Mindset today. Played the RXS today. Front 9 was very solid. I think I was more engaged in picking target a picking a shot shape off that target. Was plus 3 on front today with solid play. Mindset worked on the back also it was swing that took a little vacation for a few holes. Small cut with driver off the left side became a hard left double cross on 11 , 13 and 17. Had nothing to do with Mindset and everything to do with swing modifications being worked on. Silver lining is no driver shots were left out to the right. Will be out again in the morning. Will play the RX version tomorrow.

I truly believe that if I was determined enough I could make myself go through process with any ball. I do believe however that the Mindset graphics will make you refocus after a bad hole.

Will give these a good opportunity going forward. There is definitely something to it.

Looks like UPS is supposed to deliver a package from Bridgestone on Monday so testers should be getting these soon!

Been reading/listening to Jon Sherman's book The Four Fundamental's of Golf. I'm on a chapter now that talks about the mental side of the game, and how to stay in the moment. He uses mindset as way to get prepared for shot. Now he wasn't specifically talking about this golf ball, but it definitely got me thinking about these.

Been reading/listening to Jon Sherman's book The Four Fundamental's of Golf. I'm on a chapter now that talks about the mental side of the game, and how to stay in the moment. He uses mindset as way to get prepared for shot. Now he wasn't specifically talking about this golf ball, but it definitely got me thinking about these.
What are some of the key thoughts in that chapter?

What are some of the key thoughts in that chapter?
Talks about working on some mental sides of the game that you can do outside of golf and incorporate into your rounds like trying to meditate, or just clearing your mind between shots. He talks about getting into a mindset as a way to not think about a certain tee shot before it happens, or to clean the mind and get over the bad shot(s) that you just experiences.

Uses Mickelson 21 PGA as an example at one point how Phil talked about how he had developed issues with staying focused during rounds, but you could visibly see him wokr on focusing, or getting in the right mindset, before swinging every day throughout the tournament.

I used to do something similar but with a dot a drew on my glove (because the dot on a ball might not always be showing). When I looked at the dot, i got my mind where i know it needed to be. Anyways, I really like the idea with the balls.

Came home and had these waiting for me. Thank you THP and Bridgestone for the chance to test these. First chance to get out on the course will be Sunday so these will be in play. Will be reviewing the mindset content a few more times before then.
IMG_1142.jpeg

Alright so I had to go down and get some Skytak numbers with the B-RX vs the 24 Chromesoft. Driver and 6 iron are the B-RX. 2Wood and 5 iron are the Chromesoft.
IMG_0279.png
Looks like the Chromesoft was a bit better today in distance though I did hit it second so may have been warmed up. It was simply a Quick Look while I had time. Love the feel of both balls. Putted a few with both also, the RX is a bit clickier than the Chromesoft. Felt like it was somewhere between the Chromesoft and Chrome Tour.

Alright so I had to go down and get some Skytak numbers with the B-RX vs the 24 Chromesoft. Driver and 6 iron are the B-RX. 2Wood and 5 iron are the Chromesoft.
View attachment 9247058
Looks like the Chromesoft was a bit better today in distance though I did hit it second so may have been warmed up. It was simply a Quick Look while I had time. Love the feel of both balls. Putted a few with both also, the RX is a bit clickier than the Chromesoft. Felt like it was somewhere between the Chromesoft and Chrome Tour.
Did you use the mindset process at all? or was this simply a quick “I want to hit balls” experience

Did you use the mindset process at all? or was this simply a quick “I want to hit balls” experience
No it was just a quick “I want to hit balls” experience.

Opening a white box package might be more fun than Christmas! Really like the card to give the overview and the QR code for the deeper dive

IMG_8056.jpegIMG_8057.jpeg
IMG_8058.jpegIMG_8059.jpeg

almost feels like it’s looking into my golfer soul…IMG_8060.jpeg

Came home and had these waiting for me. Thank you THP and Bridgestone for the chance to test these. First chance to get out on the course will be Sunday so these will be in play. Will be reviewing the mindset content a few more times before then.
View attachment 9247046
Interesting that these got packaged in sleeves of 2.

Pretty stoked to come home to these! IMG_1056.jpeg

A huge thank you to Bridgestone golf and THP for allowing others and myself to test the Tour B golf ball Mindset visual technology.

I was selected to test the Tour B X with Mindset visual technology. I used Bridgestone golf’s online ball fitting tool to pick my ball. They have 2 methods to pick your ball, one is based on only a few data points (like driver distance, what ball that I currently use and what you’re looking for) and the other actually uses launch monitor data to help you pick your ball. I used both methods and came up with the Tour B X golf ball, which would be best for me. Based on what I read about the Tour B line, I had pegged myself to be in the Tour B X as well. So, the fitting tool seems to be pretty accurate. We will see how the ball performs as time goes.

Bridgestone Ball Selector Tool

There have been many great things said about the 2024 Tour B line. @Jman wrote a great article about the new line up.

Jman Article on 2024 Tour B Golf Balls

The Tour B is a premium urethane golf ball at a great price point of $49.99 a dozen. It wasn’t the internal golf ball technology, price or even Tiger Woods playing the Tour B X that got me interested in the Tour B line. So what was it? This picture. Something Bridgestone has never done, printed something on the golf ball. It’s a visual technology that helps you perform at your peak mentally while playing golf. It’s Mindset.

IMG_1492.jpeg

I was quite interested, but also very skeptical. It wasn’t until @Canadan Off Course podcast with Bridgestone Golf that my mindset was completely changed.

Off Course with Dan Edwards & Bridgestone Golf

What changed my mind. One sentence. Your body wants to do naturally what you visualize, it doesn’t perform as well with talking and then doing. That resonated with me and my golf game.

So, THP now we start the journey…. A journey in which I will have a chance in my mindset. Will this new visual technology be a game changer? Could it be as simple as 1, 2, 3? Only time will tell, but I look forward to sharing my experience.

I immediately thought of Jon’s book when these golf balls came out. I take his book with me on every range session. Such a great read!

Back