Bridgestone J15 Forged Wedges Preview

I've been playing this wedge (54) for the last month or so. By far my favorite wedge ever.
I used a j40 before I switched to a different brand for the first part of the season. Getting this back in my bag has really helped me.
Great feel on full and partial shots. I barely take out my lob wedge at all anymore because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I grabbed the MD3 I was never leaving these wedges. I will never part with them.

Funny, cause I left the MD3s to go with these :D

Going to show some finish wear on the 58 after more than a year of gaming. As you can see, I like to open up the face especially around the green. This is wildly different than the 54 and 50 which I never hit out of the sand and don't have anywhere near the same number of strikes on... The finish is still very good on them.

22c625f803c93008d0fd0a8b8bdadc19.jpg

f3733c903539a6e633a8458ee956cf5f.jpg

Wow those are sharp, would you mind sharing a pic at address? Thanks

Well I gotta say I absolutely love the look. I've just never owned forged wedges and am afraid they won't last as long as cast? I use my clubs for a long time before switching so not sure if this would be the best option, but I could be wrong

Well I gotta say I absolutely love the look. I've just never owned forged wedges and am afraid they won't last as long as cast? I use my clubs for a long time before switching so not sure if this would be the best option, but I could be wrong

You can get just as much life out of forged clubs!

I just read Golf.com's club test saying these were some of the least forgiving wedges they tested on mishits, does that seem to be true?

I just read Golf.com's club test saying these were some of the least forgiving wedges they tested on mishits, does that seem to be true?

I went from Vokey SM5s to Callaway MD3s to the J15s and on mishits I don't find them any worse than the other two, but that's just me.

Hard ponder on the 50*. Just not getting along with my Wilson right now and like the idea of going all Bridgestone with the irons and wedges.

Hard ponder on the 50*. Just not getting along with my Wilson right now and like the idea of going all Bridgestone with the irons and wedges.
Should have said something I had one sitting in my trunk you could have used to see if you liked it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Should have said something I had one sitting in my trunk you could have used to see if you liked it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Too many other ponders going on for me to think about that until I pulled the 50* on 5. I have a feeling I will get along with the J15 just fine.

Bumping this thread for some input. You know how it only takes one swing with someone else's club to get your mind going? I was away from my cart and used someone's 56* Cleveland Wedge and hit real pure. Made me think that the 50* & 58* gap in my wedges is too much and need to tighten that up. My 50* is my JGR A wedge in a Recoil 670 F3 and my 58* is a MD2 PM grind with a SteelFiber Stiff shaft. Thinking of getting a J15 Wedge in the same shaft as my JGRs so that I would be consistent throughout my bag. Bridgestone has them in stock as an upgrade:

54c595bc5a85b583794eb81e69147a31.jpg

Could even go up to 680 and go stiff.
I have a bad right hand that I had trigger finger surgery on, so I like graphite in my clubs.
I'm open to your thoughts.

Are these things diggy compared to Glides for example? I currently have SCOR's and getting rid because the dig too much, but I LOVE their shape. J15 wedge looks to be the onyly wedge on the market with a similar shape, but I'm scared it may be a digger in wet conditions

Are these things diggy compared to Glides for example? I currently have SCOR's and getting rid because the dig too much, but I LOVE their shape. J15 wedge looks to be the onyly wedge on the market with a similar shape, but I'm scared it may be a digger in wet conditions

? bump!

I've never played Flides or Scor wedges, but I don't get any extra "digging" than my other wedges in soft/wet conditions (I game a MD3 54 W grind and Hopkins cj1 58 Channel grind)

Old thread I found, hopefully someone has some input. I found these wedges on GolfeTail for $59.99. Is this a decent wedge from a couple years ago, and what about the website. Thinking about a black 52*. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Old thread I found, hopefully someone has some input. I found these wedges on GolfeTail for $59.99. Is this a decent wedge from a couple years ago, and what about the website. Thinking about a black 52*. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm still playing my J15 wedges and love them, and I've ordered from Golfetail before with no issues.

It is so annoying to me how cleanly I hit these wedges.

I get stuck in old shapes and can't shake them for some reason. The 54 and 50 were basically impeccable for me today.

It is so annoying to me how cleanly I hit these wedges.

I get stuck in old shapes and can't shake them for some reason. The 54 and 50 were basically impeccable for me today.
When it works, it works.

Back