Bridgestone University Travel Thread

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
We can use this thread for all Bridgestone U. participants to discuss travel arrangements.

U are the man for getting this started. I'm looking to book flight sometime over the coming weekend. Plan to arrive Friday morning or early afternoon and leave Sunday evening.

U are the man for getting this started. I'm looking to book flight sometime over the coming weekend. Plan to arrive Friday morning or early afternoon and leave Sunday evening.

I am looking at the same schedule.

Can't rent a car due to only being 24 and don't want to pay such a huge cab fee so I am undecided on flying vs driving 12 hours. Sanzabar did offer me a ride from Orlando so I might fly and take him up on that.

Am planning on arriving Friday morning sometime and leaving Sunday night

Can't rent a car due to only being 24 and don't want to pay such a huge cab fee so I am undecided on flying vs driving 12 hours. Sanzabar did offer me a ride from Orlando so I might fly and take him up on that.

Am planning on arriving Friday morning sometime and leaving Sunday night

try dollar car rental if you can't find a ride but I don't imagine that being an issue

try dollar car rental if you can't find a ride but I don't imagine that being an issue
I thought you had to be 25 to rent a car. At least that is what I have always been told

Earliest flight for me gets there at 1:52 PM or 8:57am (depending on anyone wants to go for extra rounds). Plan on leaving Sunday around 7-8 PM. If anyone else is gonna be around that time and wants to split a rental let me know. This is my first THP event so I'm guessing the hotel reservation is already made for us? How does that part work?

I am arriving on Thursday at 4:20 PM in Orlando and my flight leaves Sunday at 4:50 PM.

I am arriving on Thursday at 4:20 PM in Orlando and my flight leaves Sunday at 4:50 PM.
What time u thinking of playing Friday morning if u get ppl together?

How many friends could I take with me to play on a Saturday morning?

Last edited:
Im looking at arriving mid afternoon on fri and leaving later on sun. I also plan on renting a car or splitting if people are on similar schedules.

Earliest flight for me gets there at 1:52 PM or 8:57am (depending on anyone wants to go for extra rounds). Plan on leaving Sunday around 7-8 PM. If anyone else is gonna be around that time and wants to split a rental let me know. This is my first THP event so I'm guessing the hotel reservation is already made for us? How does that part work?

Yes, when you arrive at the resort you would check in as you normally would, with your name and that you are part of the THP Event.

I am going to be flying in the morning of Friday and leaving Sunday evening sometime. I plan on booking my flight this weekend at some point.

I am going to rent a car and when I receive my flight times, I will post them and folks are more than welcome to ride down to Mission Inn with me. I plan on renting a smaller sedan, so I can lug some people.

One stipulation, if you like the Patriots, Chargers or Texans... you will have to hitch hike.

I am going to be flying in the morning of Friday and leaving Sunday evening sometime. I plan on booking my flight this weekend at some point.

I am going to rent a car and when I receive my flight times, I will post them and folks are more than welcome to ride down to Mission Inn with me. I plan on renting a smaller sedan, so I can lug some people.

One stipulation, if you like the Patriots, Chargers or Texans... you will have to hitch hike.

I like JJ Watt but not necessarily the Titans. Not a fan of the other two.

it looks like a lot of us coming in around the same time leaving around the same time. I plan to rent a car to and don't mind waiting around the airport or the area of the airport to pick someone up.

I thought you had to be 25 to rent a car. At least that is what I have always been told

Nope not true, but you will pay an underage fee. I rented a car in West Palm Beach for the Bridgestone invitational from a company called Sixt. They had the most reasonable underage rate.

Nope not true, but you will pay an underage fee. I rented a car in West Palm Beach for the Bridgestone invitational from a company called Sixt. They had the most reasonable underage rate.
Vouching for sixt as well

Do you guys recommend renting a car online prior to getting to the airport or just doing it when I arrive in Orlando?

that was a close one. I thought u were gonna say u had to like the Patriots lol. Sounds like u and I might have the same times in mind if u want to split rental.

I would be down for splitting a rental with someone as well, I will chime in more once I book my flight.

I just saw your avatar. Not sure I can ride with a Colts fan. As a Titans fan that is against my religion haha

so i just booked my flight after noticing some of the flights that were available earlier in the week are now gone.

Arriving at Orlando airport 3:40PM Jan 23

Departing Orlando airport 7:20pm Jan 25

Oh. Thanks for the information.

Myself and Plin will both be flying down together etc. Should get our travel arrangements done by this weekend, I cannot wait! Also do people recommend shipping their clubs down or paying the extra fee to bring them on the plane?

Back