Bridgestone University Travel Thread

Booked my flights.

Arrive in Orlando at 10:47am on Friday and leave at 6:49pm on Sunday.

If anyone is close to those times we can coordinate rental cars.

Booked my flights.

Arrive in Orlando at 10:47am on Friday and leave at 6:49pm on Sunday.

If anyone is close to those times we can coordinate rental cars.

With that flight Sunday, make sure you plan accordingly. You will want to be at the airport by 5 (busy weekend at that airport). Means leave Mission Inn no later than 4pm.

With that flight Sunday, make sure you plan accordingly. You will want to be at the airport by 5 (busy weekend at that airport). Means leave Mission Inn no later than 4pm.

Ill be in that same boat. Flight out at 720.

I'll echo this. You've never seen such TSA inefficiency until you've seen security at MCO airport

I'll echo this. You've never seen such TSA inefficiency until you've seen security at MCO airport

They are the worst I've ever dealt with, then add in all the people who act like its their first time flying and don't know how to dress or have themselves ready when they finally get to the detectors. :banghead:

As someone who fly's out of there weekly, give yourself a LOT of time at least 2 hours. The majority of folks are shell shocked parents with small kids that are burned out from the parks. Add to that a lot of people from out of the country again burned out from the parks and then add the TSA bunch, it makes for some real long lines. I got the CLEAR pass when it came out and it is a blessing in that Airport.

Do you think I'll be fine leaving by 4, or should I try to make it later?

Do you think I'll be fine leaving by 4, or should I try to make it later?
My flight leaves at 5:00. I think it will be ok.

We will try to get you guys out earlier, but I think it will be okay, but close.

Made my travel plans today. I arrive in Orlando ( Friday) at @ 3:25 PM and leave (Orlando MCO) at 7:30 PM. I have rented a car (economy) and anyone who needs a ride is welcome to come along. We may have to cram things in but we'll get there. Let me know!! Can't wait to meet you folks!!!!

Congrats to those lucky enough to be able to attend this. Will be one heck of an event, no doubt. I look forward to following extremely closely.

What would you guys consider a good price for the rental car. I've never rented one before.

Any other airports besides MCO that are worth looking at?

Using Tapatalk

What would you guys consider a good price for the rental car. I've never rented one before.

It appears most of the mid tier companies Alamo, Dollar and Thrifty are between $20 to $30 per day depending on the size.

The big three Hertz, Avis and National are in the $40 to $50 range.

For what it's worth the smaller companies are just as good. I'm a Hertz Priority Gold and I rented from Alamo at PGA National and it was fine.

Made my travel plans today. I arrive in Orlando ( Friday) at @ 3:25 PM and leave (Orlando MCO) at 7:30 PM. I have rented a car (economy) and anyone who needs a ride is welcome to come along. We may have to cram things in but we'll get there. Let me know!! Can't wait to meet you folks!!!!

My travel times are similar. I arrive at 3:40 and leave at 7:20. I haven't rented my car yet so if you have space I'm in for sharing

My travel times are similar. I arrive at 3:40 and leave at 7:20. I haven't rented my car yet so if you have space I'm in for sharing
Sounds fine to me!! Look forward to meeting you!!!

Still got to book it but I am looking at arriving at 9:28 and leaving at 7:20.

I arrive at 12:15 on Friday and leave on Sunday around 8:30, so I would be willing to share a ride with someone if possible.

Flight booked as well! Arrive at 3:25pm Friday, leave at 6:05pm Sunday. Myself and Paul (Plin) will be going down together and will be renting a car. Cannot wait!!!

Last edited:
Got all of my flights booked and will be renting a car.

Arrive in Orlando Friday at around 10:30am.
Leave Orlando Sunay at 8:15pm.

I will probably drive down on Thursday and stay in Orlando, then try to get in a round at the Los Colinas Course on Friday before checking in.

I will probably drive down on Thursday and stay in Orlando, then try to get in a round at the Los Colinas Course on Friday before checking in.

I was thinking of a similar plan, just haven't decided yet on fly vs. drive.

I was thinking of a similar plan, just haven't decided yet on fly vs. drive.
You can ride with me or I can pick you up at the air port. You know where you can stay Thursday night.

Back