Ill never understand the hatred of Tebow and I am not a Gator fan at all.
He won. He was a good dude from all accounts and yet we would rather root for people that set the bar way lower than someone like him. Its confusing as heck.
2 things of why I don't like Tebow.

1. His over the top religious views that he puts in your face. He believes in whatever I don't care, I don't need a constant reminder of it.
2. The Broncos drafted him in the first round. I was a Broncos fan as a kid and then started to root for both the Texans and Broncos once the Texans came in the league. I knew Tebow was not a NFL QB and hated that the Broncos wasted drafts picks to move back into 1st round to draft him.

I don't spread Tebow hate but I also don't root for him.

He won. He was a good dude from all accounts and yet we would rather root for people that set the bar way lower than someone like him. Its confusing as heck.
Same. I’d hate to think his outspoken religious beliefs have something to do with it but they probably do. He does just as much for his communities as Lebron but he also gets some pretty unjustified hate too. So I don’t understand that one either.

Wow, that was pretty intense!

1. His over the top religious views that he puts in your face. He believes in whatever I don't care, I don't need a constant reminder of it.
2. The Broncos drafted him in the first round. I was a Broncos fan as a kid and then started to root for both the Texans and Broncos once the Texans came in the league. I knew Tebow was not a NFL QB and hated that the Broncos wasted drafts picks to move back into 1st round to draft him.

I didn't/don't really like or dislike him, but I agree these are probably the likely culprits on why most didn't like him. Despite his success at UF, a lot of his attention was just around bad mechanics, not an NFL caliber QB, the constant media coverage of his religious views, etc. that I think just overshadowed everything that was probably really good about him.

You gotta admit thug life getting cheered and religion booed is an odd angle though, right?

i just couldn't watch the whole thing, too much LET'S GO!!!!! Tebow makes bryson look like normal guy...dude is big.

i always liked tebow, he wasn't good enough. seems like a good guy.

His religious beliefs shouldn’t have to be shoved in a closet for you to accept him, and I’ll leave it at that. You’d really hate me I’m sure.

What's funny to me is he was ripped on for not being a prototype NFL QB. If he had an organization that knew how to use him he could have been what Lamar Jackson is now.

Entertaining for a few minutes. The sound of the hits was addicting 😍.

Don't get the Tebow hate either. He's just a genuine really nice guy that does a lot of good. Could use more of that.

His religious beliefs shouldn’t have to be shoved in a closet for you to accept him, and I’ll leave it at that. You’d really hate me I’m sure.
Wow that's aggressive. I didn't say he can't believe what he believes. Every time I heard him speak it was more religious sayings and it turned me off. His stance on topics just because of religion also is a turn off. Not to get political I will leave it there. I have close friends that are deep into religion and I respect them by not cursing around them as an example. They respect me by not trying to convert me with every sentence. We can all live in peace together.

Reactions: JB
You gotta admit thug life getting cheered and religion booed is an odd angle though, right?
Thug life being illegal yes I agree with you. Something being called thug life because someone worked hard and changed their life and ruffled feathers along the way I can root for. It is all how it is viewed. Tim Tebow worked hard to be the athlete that he is and have the money that he has. Good for him. His interviews make me dislike him. Much the same way I can respect the person that Jordan Speith is but I won't ever root for him because his constant babble on the course. Neither one of them has hurt feelings over it.

I also love the documentary of him getting ready for the draft. I don't remember what it's called but it was very well done.
Oh dang I forgot about that! It was fantastic!

Everything In Between.

I totally agree. The guy was something special in his college days. A great player and leader, who has displayed good character his whole life. I rooted for him to be a QB in the NFL. I think Jacksonville dropped the ball not making him their QB there. His presence in that area would have been a wonderful thing for the organization and community. I too am puzzled by treatment he gets. Maybe he is too good and people prefer bad boys.

Oh goodness we’ve reached the point in the Tebow was just as good of an NFL QB than Lamar Jackson part of the conversation 😂

As a Syracuse fan the Louisville Lamar Jackson continues to haunt us; they retired his jersey when we played them away last year. Then they destroyed us, and kept showing replays of that famous hurdle. Ugh.

I don't have anything against him, or for him. but them again, i don't have a favorite NFL team

How about that ball speed tho 🔥

Oh goodness we’ve reached the point in the Tebow was just as good of an NFL QB than Lamar Jackson part of the conversation 😂
To be fair, he did say "could have been".

I get where he was going with that - just like any QB, he would prosper best in an offensive scheme that utilized his strengths, and I'm not sure he was ever placed in that position in the pros. He was a backup, and teams don't build their offenses around a backup QB, or have a whole secondary offensive scheme ready to drop in place for when he plays. Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes are both great QBs, but Brady wouldn't do anywhere near as well in a Mahomes-oriented offense and vice-versa.

To be fair, he did say "could have been".

I get where he was going with that - just like any QB, he would prosper best in an offensive scheme that utilized his strengths, and I'm not sure he was ever placed in that position in the pros. He was a backup, and teams don't build their offenses around a backup QB, or have a whole secondary offensive scheme ready to drop in place for when he plays. Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes are both great QBs, but Brady wouldn't do anywhere near as well in a Mahomes-oriented offense and vice-versa.
It’s weird that Tebow’s religion and Lamar Jackson even made an appearance in this thread, but there is no system and no teammates in which Tebow even sniffs Jackson’s 2019 MVP season.

E3DEEDF3-283F-4C3B-9696-64DE47BCDD27.jpeg

The media actually did have a lot to do with it. They made such a spectacle of him with their incessant coverage that it created baggage for him, and I think teams were less likely to take a chance on him because they didn't want the circus that surrounded him (which wasn't of his own making). It was a lot like Manziel, although they're completely different people in a lot of ways.
the haterade started flowing when he was nonstop presented as gods gift to football

the haterade started flowing when he was nonstop presented as gods gift to football
And that goes right back to the clickbait media hype and hysteria. I can't fault him for that, he had no control over it and it never seemed like he was encouraging it or basking in it.

The only place I thought Tebow dropped the ball was when a couple teams wanted to work him out as a TE or Utility type player, and he refused, insisting that he was a quarterback. It could have extended his career.

Last edited:
That was an interesting watch. Tebow still looks jacked, jeez. Seeing videos like this and when Bryson was with the good good guys make me dislike him a bit less. I have always liked Tebow. Gotta admire his perseverance. I couldn't care less about his religious stance, but seems like a decent dude.

Back