Buddies Golf Trip > Alabama

smoothduffer

THE DUDE
Reaction score
Handicap
my thinkin
Me and, my golf buddies are in the early planning stages of our first Buddies golf trip. We want to make it an annual trip starting this year. We have decided on Alabama for our first trip but, we dont know where in ala. yet. We are planning on going in August or Sept. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go? We are not rich but, we can all afford something nice. I have not done any research on a destination yet as, the trip idea litterally came up 3days ago, LOL. Any THP'ers that are in the area are more than welcome as i will update our plans as they progress and will eventually have dates and destination info. Thanx

Last edited:
Me and, my golf buddies are in the early planning stages of our first Buddies golf trip. We want to make it an annual trip starting this year. We have decided on Alabamba for our first trip but, we dont know where in ala. yet. We are planning on going in August or Sept. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go? We are not rich but, we can all afford something nice. I have not done any research on a destination yet as, the trip idea litterally came up 3days ago, LOL. Any THP'ers that are in the area are more than welcome as i will update our plans as they progress and will eventually have dates and destination info. Thanx

The RTJ golf trail would be the obvious choice if you haven't played any of those. Most of those courses are in the $50-$70 range, and they do packages even with multiple locations. http://www.rtjgolf.com

Some of the other nice, public courses in the northern half of Alabama are Limestone Springs in Oneonta, FarmLinks in Sylacauga, and Timberline just south of Birmingham.

Keep in mind that September Saturdays could be chaotic depending on course due to College Football.

Sounds like a great idea Smooth, but I have to ask you, where is Alabamba? :)

Sounds like a great idea Smooth, but I have to ask you, where is Alabamba? :)

LOL, its a new word i made up.

Thanks for the links guys. I guess we should schedule it around college football but hopefully the tide will get orange crushed and not roll to far into the postseason, haha.

I've heard and read great things about the Robert Trent Jones course, it looks like it is the early favorite.

Thanks for the links guys. I guess we should schedule it around college football but hopefully the tide will get orange crushed and not roll to far into the postseason, haha.

I've heard and read great things about the Robert Trent Jones course, it looks like it is the early favorite.

As long as you're not trying to play in Auburn/Opelika on a game weekend, you should be fine at any of the RTJ sites even during a football weekend. Birmingham hotels might be full of Crimson clad fans if it is a Tuscaloosa game weekend, but you'd probably still be fine in Birmingham.

As far as individual sites on the RTJ trail, I really liked The Shoals in Muscle Shoals, Capitol Hill in Prattville/Montgomery, and Cambrian Ridge in Greenville the best of the ones I've played. Silver Lakes in Anniston took some storm damage a few weeks ago, but should be reopened by an August/September timeframe.

Looks like the greens fee rates are cheaper in August than they are in September.

From my experience, you'll probably find a very unpopulated course in alabama if alabama or auburn are playing (at the time). And it isn't likely that Tennessee is going to Orange Crush (never heard that one) the tide.

From my experience, you'll probably find a very unpopulated course in alabama if alabama or auburn are playing (at the time). And it isn't likely that Tennessee is going to Orange Crush (never heard that one) the tide.

I can hope cant i??? Besides TN. will be back to the top where they are meant to be, just a matter of time. You have never heard "orange crush"??? I have, its actually on my 1999 Vols championship shirt.

I can hope cant i??? Besides TN. will be back to the top where they are meant to be, just a matter of time. You have never heard "orange crush"??? I have, its actually on my 1999 Vols championship shirt.

Tyler Bray's gonna help get us there too! Huge UT fan here! But to stay on topic, I think the RTJ courses would be the best place to go.

Tyler Bray's gonna help get us there too! Huge UT fan here! But to stay on topic, I think the RTJ courses would be the best place to go.

Right on josh, the expectations are hi after how great he played in the 2nd half of last season (i think he should've been starting from the get go). I hope he continues progressing if so he will end up being one of the greatest vol QB's ever and, hopefully will have a couple of championships to proove it.

Back