Build Your 2019 Cobra Hybrids

This is probably the one spot in my MC bag that is the biggest question mark at the moment. Will be between OL 4 hybrid, OL 4 iron and 2-3 OL utility iron. Going to try and hit all 3 before equipment selection day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of specifics for the two options from this thread, I would be down to the 4H OL with Recoil ES SmacWrap Stiff shaft, or 2-3 OL Utility Iron with Recoil ES SmacWrap Stiff shaft.

I would go no hybrids or just go with a utility

I would go no hybrids or just go with a utility

That is interesting, given that you reviewed the hybrid and probably know it the best of anybody on the forum.

Still up in the air until I can actually hit this club, but if I were choosing today I think I would do this:

King F9 4h hybrid
US Mamiya Recoil ES SmacWrap (can't wait to try these)
King F9 Standard grip (I love the black/white Lamkin Crossline grip)

2 Hybrids 18° and 20° with Recoil es smac and standard grip.

Are you going to bend the lofts of the hybrids to get to 18/20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is interesting, given that you reviewed the hybrid and probably know it the best of anybody on the forum.

I just re read through his review, he could tell you better than I but from what I could surmise he wasn’t a fan of the larger size they went with in this years version. It’s all personal preference

I just re read through his review, he could tell you better than I but from what I could surmise he wasn’t a fan of the larger size they went with in this years version. It’s all personal preference

Surmising is dangerous. :alien:

More about the spin.....

Plus, I feel like it was the afterthought of the line, being totally honest. Perhaps though that’s just because so much change and tech are in our face with the fairway and driver.

Surmising is dangerous. :alien:

More about the spin.....

Plus, I feel like it was the afterthought of the line, being totally honest. Perhaps though that’s just because so much change and tech are in our face with the fairway and driver.

That’s what I get for surmising. I like the matte look I’ll say that. Last years version didn’t fit what I wanted either, I haven’t had the opportunity to hit this years yet but I’m already hesitant that it will be more of the same for my game.

I really enjoy the f7 hybrid. To the point I still have it and occasionally put it in the bag. The f8 was higher spin than I would have liked and resulted in some funny shots for me.

I really want to try the 17* hybrid since if I still get that higher spin I saw in the previous generation it could balance things out. I think 21* hybrid will be popular as it pretty much slots right in line for a 4 iron for the ftb or f9 irons or 3 iron for the cb/mb.

Also the f9 tour fairway has a lot of overlap I think with the hybrid.

I’m 99% sure I will not have a hybrid in the bag this year. I do have a slot I want to fill, only question will be whether it’s with a F9 iron or a Black Utility. I don’t love the shaft options for the utility however so... yeah...more decisions haha

Planning on a 4h for my MC bag. Thinking I might go recoil smacwrap.

If Cobra will let me go with a cut down 5 wood, I will go that route. If not I'm looking at the following:

Head: 2 hybrid - 17* variable length
Shaft: Alidla nv2kxv green 85 x or s (leaning x based off the crazy amount of spin I generated with the 4 hybrid last year)
Length: 41"
Grip: F9 standard

Hit this in the 4h spot today and got to say it really shined. The baffler rails really kept the club moving straight through the hitting zone. The head is a little bigger than I'm used to, but I got used to it pretty quick. I also added 8 yards of carry and 8 total yards over my current 4h (Callaway XR OS).

So here's my final order:

F9 4h
Atmos black 7 R hybrid
F9 standard grip.

I'm torn between the 3h at 19 degrees and 2h at 17 degrees. Anybody know if it's easy to turn one if those into an 18 degree and split the difference or with these not being variable lofts is it better to not mess with that?

I'm torn between the 3h at 19 degrees and 2h at 17 degrees. Anybody know if it's easy to turn one if those into an 18 degree and split the difference or with these not being variable lofts is it better to not mess with that?

I don't think I'd mess with that. When in doubt I'd probably err on the side of more loft though

I don't think I'd mess with that. When in doubt I'd probably err on the side of more loft though

And if concerned about not hitting your number, instead of loft, length is another way to hit it.

But bending isnt the best bet if they aren't designed with a bendable neck.

And if concerned about not hitting your number, instead of loft, length is another way to hit it.

But bending isnt the best bet if they aren't designed with a bendable neck.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Interesting thought about the length though...I may give that a shot. My biggest concern is hitting the 2h out of tough lies as I love having my hybrid for those kinds of shots. That being said, the distance would be much better for me. Decisions decisions...

Absolutely confident in my decision to go with an 18 degree Utility.

Dropped the idea of the 21 degree UT (let the team decide for me haha), and I'm totally good with it. I bet the FTB 4 iron is a laser beam anyways.

I am definitely going to have the 19 degree in my bag for the MC. I only got to hit the 4 hybrid (21 degree), but it was providing steller numbers for me.

I am definitely going to have the 19 degree in my bag for the MC. I only got to hit the 4 hybrid (21 degree), but it was providing steller numbers for me.

Can't wait to see what kind of damage you can do with this, Craigputt!

I like the rails on all the FWs I tired, but in my opinion they really shine on the hybrids. They just glue through the turf while keeping the head in a straight line

Back