Buying Golf Gloves

I guess my favorite golf glove would have to be the Footjoy Weathersoft. I try to catch them on sale and have pretty good success in that regard. There is also a Callaway glove I have tried recently, but the model name escapes me. It has the white extra padding on the base of the palm.

I always use Callaway gloves as I like how they fit. The three pack from Costco seems to be holding up well for me, one round a week right now and no practice time. On really cold days I use the Callaway winter gloves that come in a pair, can't think of the name, very comfortable gloves and have done a great job in the cold and wet winter weather.

Edit: they are called the Callaway thermal grip. I like them enough that I bought a second pair to wear to work on days where I will be outside in the cold.

I use Bionic too. They last a whole heap of rounds!

Lately I've been buying the cheapest, but I've found a few to last longer than others, I have a couple Taylormade that have performed great and are quite durable.

Forgive my ""hack"" response,but I wear 2 gloves.And I used to even wear 2 baseball batting gloves a while ago.

I have played the bionic gloves the last 2 seasons. They are a but more expensive. UT they do seek to last longer. Other than that I always have liked the foot joy weathersoft.

With that said, anyone play the gloves from MG?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I only wear gloves in the winter, quit wearing gloves when it's warm about 15 years ago, but I've found that the MG (Master Golf) gloves are great and their Elite gloves are 2 for $14 and a really good deal. I use the regular gloves because they're a bit thicker which helps in the cold. I could never understand paying big bucks for a glove ...

I only wear gloves in the winter, quit wearing gloves when it's warm about 15 years ago, but I've found that the MG (Master Golf) gloves are great and their Elite gloves are 2 for $14 and a really good deal. I use the regular gloves because they're a bit thicker which helps in the cold. I could never understand paying big bucks for a glove ...
I might just have to try the MG gloves out this season.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

How much thought do you all put into buying a golf glove?
How many stick to one style?
Are there things a glove has to have to be worn?

Do you care how long they last?

I've been wearing the Bridgestone Tour premium glove for quite some time now, and it's kind of ruined my perception of them. The leather is quite thin which means they don't last as long, but don't have anywhere near the amount of material between hand and grip which seems to be a big deal. So much so that I've been going gloveness rather than using a thick one while the weather sucks.

eBay Bridgestone tour gloves 3 for $40 I am about to stock up nothing compares for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy the cheap $5 Wilson gloves at Wal Mart usually. They seem to last as long for me as the Titleist/FootJoy gloves I can buy at a discount at the golf course.

The Wilsons maybe last a month with me. That is at least 16 rounds. I really like the Callaway X-Spann glove. The only down fall is hanging it up to dry, it is a one piece compression glove. Bring a file clip to hang. I used to buy the cheap gloves, I am down to try anything. The X-Spann is $18 at Golfsmith and worth every penny vs the $10 Nikes, etc.

Maybe I should do a review on the X-Spann....

I use the FJ Weather Soft glove as well.

Just pick them up in two packs and throw em in a zip lock bag.

That being said, I've never used another glove.

I have rotated four MG gloves the last two seasons and they are a fine glove. Just ordered four new gloves for this season.

I have yet to find a better overall glove then the Callaway Dawn Patrol. Thin, long lasting and fits awesome. And not too expensive.

eBay Bridgestone tour gloves 3 for $40 I am about to stock up nothing compares for me

Yeah I saw a few of them. I've got about 50 bucks in amazon gift cards I am trying to dump into stuff I don't enjoy buying with real money haha!

It would help if my dad didn't find his way into acquiring a few of my MC Bridgestone gloves.

Buying Golf Gloves

I have yet to find a better overall glove then the Callaway Dawn Patrol. Thin, long lasting and fits awesome. And not too expensive.

I'm with you on this. Before the Grandaddy I bought 3 gloves for $19.99 on eBay and loved them. When we got there they gave us a bunch of the Apex Tour gloves and those are nice but I think I prefer the Dawn Patrol more.

I adore the Bridgestone Premium glove however the last 3 I've used only lasted about 2 to 3 rounds each. I'm not sure if it's colder or if it's because they're older. (From the Morgan Cup) but if that's going to be the norm for them from now on, I'll need to find something a bit more durable. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little feel for durability.

I'm with you on this. Before the Grandaddy I bought 3 gloves for $19.99 on eBay and loved them. When we got there they gave us a bunch of the Apex Tour gloves and those are nice but I think I prefer the Dawn Patrol more.

How is the fit of the dawn patrol? Same as any other glove?

Here's a really good deal
e4c0ada0f0cbaeb8aa98c2aca8744cc2.jpg

Yep. True to most sizes. It's a thinner leather but still very durable

I like mine to fit a tad snug and I need a cadet. They have been the best fitting all around I have found.

I use the Callaway Dawn patrol as well and they are pretty good for the money.

I like mine a little snug and the cadet versions of the Dawn Patrol fit my hand pretty well.

Here's a really good deal
e4c0ada0f0cbaeb8aa98c2aca8744cc2.jpg
I'm not positive but I think I found a pack of 10 gloves for like 60 or 70 bucks on eBay last year. makes them really affordable and I still have like 7 or 8 left.

I'm about to scoop up that 3 pack now! I've gone back and forth between Nike and FJ gloves and I'm pumped to try the Callaway Dawn Patrol out.

I've tried a bunch of different brands, but find myself gravitating to FJ more recently. I think it's helpful to try a range of different sizes, styles, and brands because hands are so unique.

I used to use med large cadet, but switched to just medium because while the fingers fit fine, the thumb usually ended up with too much spare room and would twist a lot on me.

Recently I tried a Mizuno glove (not sure if it was leather or synthetic) but it felt really really nice. Ultimately it was too expensive for the quality of my game and I got the FJ 2-pack instead.

Back