Buying Golf Gloves

Have been using Foot Joy WaetherSof gloves for as long as I can remember. I found that they hold up better and grip better than all leather gloves in the heat and humidity of the south. I have actually gone gloveless the last 2 days for the first time in forever since there was no chance my hands were going to sweat just to see how it felt and how my grip was without a glove.

I'm not that picky about gloves - my general rule of thumb is not to spend more than $10 on a glove. I have found that I like a glove with the extra patch of material at the base of the thumb and the bottom of the palm. Just picked up a Nike DuraFeel and I've liked it so far.

I started playing the Hirzl Trust Control gloves a couple of years ago.....I love the fit and the fact that I can play months with the same glove....sure there are a little expensive, but I get at least 3 times more use from one of these than any other glove I have played.

I've been using MG gloves for years, the "Elite" style. Nice, thin, cabretta leather and I usually buy three at a time and receive 6 that will last me pretty much all year even though I play 5 days per week, year 'round, weather permitting.

I've been buying whatever Wal-Mart had because they are typically previous years models and are around $10-12 for all leather gloves. I've tried some synthetic, but prefer the all leather. I can stand some synthetic materials on the back side of the glove. I usually have 3 or more in my bag at a time and rotate through them. They typically last 2 to 3 months with range use 2-4 times per week. I noticed though that they wear faster in the summer when I sweat a lot on the range or if the gloves otherwise get wet during use.

I recently found out about MG Golf and have been very happy with their basic glove. I will be trying out their tech and elite gloves next. They end up being under $10 each when you factor in the buy one get one free deal.

http://mggolf.com/gloves.asp

I prefer all leather, but now I buy whatever is on sale as long as there is leather in the palm, and it fits snug.

How much thought do you all put into buying a golf glove? Not a whole lot.
How many stick to one style? I like something that feels good, high quality.
Are there things a glove has to have to be worn? Not really, I like a simple high quality leather glove. FJ, Titleist, the glove we got at The Grandaddy from Callaway is very nice.

Do you care how long they last? This has not been an issue for me, I can pretty much wear them till they get stretched out and dirty. I have a glove in my bag that was in play for over a full season. (probably 60 rounds or so) I usually buy a new one and relegate the dirty one to the range.

I have played the bionic gloves the last 2 seasons. They are a but more expensive. UT they do seek to last longer. Other than that I always have liked the foot joy weathersoft.

With that said, anyone play the gloves from MG?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
I've played them. In fact playing with one right now. Got one glove off eBay from them for less than $6. Got a hole in one after 3 rounds and they replaced it right away. So far for $6 per glove I like them but will need to see how they do in summer.

I grab whatever is a good deal, Unless its cold I can play without one if I need

My home course always has bins of gloves available at 50% off. I virtually always rummage through there to find something in the $7 to $10 range that fits well / feels good on my hand. If I find something I really like I look for it the next time. I have a preferred style but that isn't a deal breaker.

I tend to find a relatively inexpensive model that fits well and if I can find a good deal on them, will buy a bunch till they're gone. Just don't like constantly trying on new gloves to see what fits, and for the most part FJs have never fit my hand all that well.

Used to get TM Reacts but those went away. Callaway gloves seem to fit me well, and one of the Costco packs and for $17 I'm good for at least a season.

Went with a majority of the positive reviews and acquired some of the Callaway Dawn Patrol gloves. Hoping they are relatively close to the same quality I've come to expect with the Birdgestone Tour Premiums.

I am a fan of the traditional look premium cabretta leather gloves. I have pretty small hands, so the glove has to fit real snug on all my fingers for me to become a fan. I have really liked Srixon and Mizuno gloves. FJ and Titleist gloves come in a close second place for me.

FJ Weather Sof gloves for me! These gloves held their grip through the hot summer. Tim

Last time I was at PGA Superstore I picked up a couple Wilson two packs of Grip Plus for $4.97! They're great for the range or back yard.

Dave

Callaway 3 pack from Costco. $17.

I love the Bridgestone e-gloves!
I had no idea Bridgestone was still making them. I've never seen them here in Canada, and my searches for them during my last couple of visits to the USA were not successful. Next time I visit I'll have to take a closer look!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've played the Bridgestone e-glove for years. They can be had for a bargain, fantastic longevity, and solid breathability in the summer. Easily the best overall glove I've ever used.
I love the Bridgestone e-gloves!<br />
I had no idea Bridgestone was still making them. I've never seen them here in Canada, and my searches for them during my last couple of visits to the USA were not successful. Next time I visit I'll have to take a closer look!<br />
<br />

Back