Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

My favorite grip by far. By far.

They are comfortable, responsive, plenty grippy enough, and look incredible. Everyone that picks them up just loves them. Lamkin has a winner, it’s a shame their social and advertising is in the Stone Age, because these should be at the top of everyone’s list.

Had a bit of a rough day on the course today - just wasn’t swinging how I would like. The combo set continues to shine, though, despite the guy swinging them. Can confirm, low face performance is still a plus for the apex line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's everyone doing for grips? My order got completely screwed up (long story) and I have to reorder. I am not too sure about the tour velvet 360. Sometimes they feel real slippery, but maybe they just need a round of wear. I'll have to send my clubs back and reorder, so thinking of possibly changing grips.

mcc plus 4 align. love em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NDMC Align here.

Lamkin UTx

What's everyone doing for grips? My order got completely screwed up (long story) and I have to reorder. I am not too sure about the tour velvet 360. Sometimes they feel real slippery, but maybe they just need a round of wear. I'll have to send my clubs back and reorder, so thinking of possibly changing grips.
MCC +4 Standard.

Didn’t like the align at all. Might try again one day but not anytime soon.

I've been using the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap for the past few years. Haven't worn a glove in 20 years or so, and these grips just feel great to me in all conditions.

Hi, new member and first post. I got fit at Club Champion and the Apex CF19 ended up being the best for me. I had a question about iron shafts and "oem" and aftermarket. Club Champion quoted me $2300 for 4-AW CF19 with Modus 120 S. I was told that the shafts that Callaway receive are not the same as purchasing directly from Nippon, something about tolerances being different and mass production vs better quality. Is there any truth to this? I tried searching online and wasn't able to find any evidence to support this. I would prefer to order directly from Callaway and pocket the $900 in difference, thanks in advance for the help.

Hi, new member and first post. I got fit at Club Champion and the Apex CF19 ended up being the best for me. I had a question about iron shafts and "oem" and aftermarket. Club Champion quoted me $2300 for 4-AW CF19 with Modus 120 S. I was told that the shafts that Callaway receive are not the same as purchasing directly from Nippon, something about tolerances being different and mass production vs better quality. Is there any truth to this? I tried searching online and wasn't able to find any evidence to support this. I would prefer to order directly from Callaway and pocket the $900 in difference, thanks in advance for the help.

Having sat in a room with Nippon at their CA HQ, I wouldn't worry one bit about their tolerances as they are pretty strict about what goes out the door. That being the case, I'd pocket the $900 and not think twice about it.

Having sat in a room with Nippon at their CA HQ, I wouldn't worry one bit about their tolerances as they are pretty strict about what goes out the door. That being the case, I'd pocket the $900 and not think twice about it.

This 1000%!!!!

This 1000%!!!!

Thanks! Putting my order through Callaway now. Now the waiting begins.

Can I "thank" this post more than once?

Callaway just sent me back my trade in credit. These irons out the door for less than $50 sure was nice.

Smart man here.

Nippon tolerances are other worldy.

MCC+4 midsize for me, just a great performing grip

MCC+4 midsize for me, just a great performing grip

I'm MCC+4 Align in standard. Really digging them. I have the Z-Grip Algin in Midsize on some other clubs as well.

This was the other day...7 iron on a par 3. Stopping power was pretty decent. Ball was OnCore Elixr.

9c91b550de7aeb00518f8e47fd7a19a2.jpg

5532a29bf6c43913f05ac5e399122f92.jpg

Was able to get to the range today on my lunch break and loved every second with the Apex Pro irons. I can’t get over the feel at impact and I’m starting to get used to the catalyst 100 shafts in terms of weight and swing timing.

One thing I will say is I’m seeing a higher flight with a little fade which im attributing to having standard lie vs the 2* up I was fit to. That’s probably my next move with this set but until then, I will enjoy what I’m seeing.
a8829ac713335a41fbfa3545b6cdb2fd.jpg

Here were my Trackman numbers from my fitting. The apex was a slower swing speed but I still got about 5 yards of carry over the p790 with the modus 120.

APEX19
RDvtBJ.jpg

P790
8U0gUb.jpg

Huge ballspeed increase and similar spin too!

I think you're getting a general statement as opposed to one specifically for this shaft.

CC's model is to rebuild your clubs from scratch. They will weight sort, spine, frequency check, validate loft and lies, etc. to ensure the set's consistent.

As others say, Nippon has a pretty good reputation for QC. Even if one or two clubs were off you could have them redone for far less than the CC charge.

You'll have to decide if you're good with that or the 'seed of doubt' has been sown.

You are fit into exactly what I play.
I ordered from Callaway.... I have zero issue with them & they do exactly as they should.
Save the $$$$... order direct

Back