Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

You came from ping 4max to these? And you talking forgiveness. You must be a good ball striker. So what made u go pro over combo or full standard?

Sorry, no 400max driver - just a feeling analogy, my apologies if that was misleading. It changes the way I felt about playing the game Irons wise I came from a 718 AP1-AP2 custom combo, so somewhat comparable ?

I went combo over full pro because I definitely can’t hit the 4-5 in pro model and went combo over standard because I like the softer feel and higher spin in the pros for the scoring irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pros are just so good off a nice fairway, point and shoot. I am taking the 5&6 iron tomorrow to be checked, something is off or it is just me.

The 7 iron is automatic for 165-175 nice high straight / slight draw flight then the 6 & 5 just seem to be the same distance wise and hook machines. Certainly could just be me, but we will see....have to know for sure then if they are spot on more range work is needed.

Let's figure out a weekend to meet up down there and we'll put a 5er on the line. See how you do under pressure. I get pops.

we’ll meet halfway. i’ll text you and we will figure out a day. maybe get a couple west coast guys to make the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it’s interesting how much i enjoy hitting these off the tee, but how i’m having trouble with my approaches. it’s why i think a lie adjustment is in order. i hit some really nice shots off the tee with my irons on the little par 3 9-hole course with my kids. i’ve really come to enjoy the feel. and i’m thrilled with the purchase, just need a little tweak. also the longest i’ve ever gamed a kbs shaft and i’ve enjoyed the performance quite a bit.

Was just fit into a set of Apex 4-AW.

Ordered, now itching to get my hands on them.

Ridiculously long and forgiving (during the fitting at least).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Pros are just so good off a nice fairway, point and shoot. I am taking the 5&6 iron tomorrow to be checked, something is off or it is just me.

The 7 iron is automatic for 165-175 nice high straight / slight draw flight then the 6 & 5 just seem to be the same distance wise and hook machines. Certainly could just be me, but we will see....have to know for sure then if they are spot on more range work is needed.

Post like these are what made me want to go full Pro. Haven't had a chance to hit them a third time but I'm looking forward to it some point this week. I've just been so busy. But the Forgiveness really stood out the first few times. And that's when I wasn't even considering going full Pro I was deciding between standard and combo. But now full Pro is a definite possibility. Just concerned about four and five iron forgiveness and consistency.

we’ll meet halfway. i’ll text you and we will figure out a day. maybe get a couple west coast guys to make the drive.

Gainesville? Nah, I'd rather drive the rest of the way...

My swing was the definition of hot and cold. When I was on, these shined and gave me distances I wanted and performance I expected. When the swing was colder than the Night Kong’s heart, they bailed me out and left me with a respectable distance to scramble from.

The one thing I keep coming back to is the AW... this thing is a crutch for me right now from 115 and in. There isn’t it can’t do.

Joining the Apex Pro club within the next week or week and a half. Maybe wait a bit and I'll join ya'll for their maiden voyage.

Oh by the way, I'm joining the Apex Pro club. 5-PW, Catalyst 100's.

Joining the Apex Pro club within the next week or week and a half. Maybe wait a bit and I'll join ya'll for their maiden voyage.

what color code is 16* flat?

would love to tee it up with you again!

My swing was the definition of hot and cold. When I was on, these shined and gave me distances I wanted and performance I expected. When the swing was colder than the Night Kong’s heart, they bailed me out and left me with a respectable distance to scramble from.

The one thing I keep coming back to is the AW... this thing is a crutch for me right now from 115 and in. There isn’t it can’t do.

Dude I’m ready to toss my aw in the trash bin and go back to MD4. Just can’t get it working.

Dude I’m ready to toss my aw in the trash bin and go back to MD4. Just can’t get it working.

what are you seeing with it? it’s been pretty good for me, but i need to smooth it. if i try to hit it hard, bad things happen.

what color code is 16* flat?

would love to tee it up with you again!

Went with what they could do, I'll have them bent to spec when I get them in hand. And then, I'll show you what a heads up beat down looks like friend :)

what are you seeing with it? it’s been pretty good for me, but i need to smooth it. if i try to hit it hard, bad things happen.

Not sure what it is but for some reason I’m coming in scooping so I’m losing yardage and height. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

I have been hitting these irons so freaking well lately. I've got the 9i, PW, and AW absolutely dialed in, and the 6-8 arent too far behind. My GIR numbers are higher than they've ever been and seem to be consistent from course to course.
5i needs a little work but it's been serviceable. I like that the club is hit enough that my subpar strikes still fly far enough for me to try salvage something.

Went with what they could do, I'll have them bent to spec when I get them in hand. And then, I'll show you what a heads up beat down looks like friend :)

pretty sure i’ve never gotten close to beating you. my vanity cap doesn’t hold up under pressure.

Not sure what it is but for some reason I’m coming in scooping so I’m losing yardage and height. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

hmmmm. have you gotten the specs checked?

pretty sure i’ve never gotten close to beating you. my vanity cap doesn’t hold up under pressure.

hmmmm. have you gotten the specs checked?

Specs aren’t the issue. I’m thinking it’s the shaft and might be switching it out for KBS 610 soon.

I like the sound of that. I'm doing ok with the Catalyst 100.

My irons are on the UPS truck and will be out for delivery today. It's gonna be a slow and long Monday at work.

Took a large bucket to the range yesterday and went through my entire iron set, starting with A and all the way up to 5. If only I could bring my driving range swing to the golf course I'd be a super happy guy! We have a double decker range within 15 mins of me so I prefer to go to the top even though it's not covered, just nice seeing the ball land a little easier on days where it's really sunny. Gets hot quicker, but taking a few breaks helps that too.

Back to the irons, they feel a little heavier than my old set, but have never actually checked the weights of the clubs so not sure entirely, but the feel much smoother to swing for me, and I would believe that adds to me being able to keep them on the same plane more often shot to shot. I took my 7i from my old set (G20), to compare, and was actually hitting that club pretty well. Sound was alright and ball flight was good. Switched to the Apex 7i and was getting higher flight, more distance, and less dispersion. Also the sound on the shots felt softer and even though I had a few off the toe and heel, the VSS in the Elevate shafts didn't leave me needing to shake out my hands. Tried out the 8i to, since their lefts are close to the G20 but not quite exactly the same, and was getting the 8i landing right around where my old 7i was landing. It's so weird knowing each club is about a club in distance longer across almost my entire set, but the more I play on the course, the more confidence I have pulling the right club. So hard to take 9i around 140 when I used to muscle an 8i only a year or two ago. That's all mental and will become the norm soon.

Hoping to get a round in this weekend if the weather cooperates, but I really enjoy the feel and sound of these clubs.

either my swing has changed or I bent these a touch too much because I have missed maybe 3 greens left with them since they have found a spot in the bag. I'm not complaining at all about that though because if know the miss is right, I feel more comfortable aiming left and letting it fall that way.

I got a chance to get out for 18 while on vacation in Kerrville, Tx just outside of San Antonio. Weather was high 70s a d the greens we're tracking fast...much faster than I'm used to. Considering I wasn't going to be fighting off mosquitos, I was really excited for that round. These irons did not disappoint. I had an 8i into the wind from 148 and put it to 2ft. Best shot of the day. I was able to hold the greens with some shots that I didn't pinch as well as I should've and ball flights were right about where I love seeing them if not a little bit high. The extra height could've been the wind so there's that. I had been trying to work my way into a natural draw with these irons but the fade plays so well I'm going to leave it alone. Looking forward to lower scores this year. Feel on these irons never disappoints. The AW bailed me out of some tough spots and seemed to glide through the rough better than expected. I was in the rough quite a bit. Haha.
The Steelfiber shafts have grown on me and I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. On a day when my driver swing was MIA, these were my saving grace. They gave me the carry I needed over water and the stopping power I needed on some quick greens. I don't know that I've ever held an iron that made me feel more confident than the Apex 19.

Hitting these irons well and the confidence is spreading through the rest of my bag. After going from my irons being my strong point to not being able to hit anything, the results I've gotten from these irons on top of the progress I've made from lessons and playing my way back is a big boost. There's been a marked gain in my results from putting these in the bag in place of the CF16 combo set.

Hitting these irons well and the confidence is spreading through the rest of my bag. After going from my irons being my strong point to not being able to hit anything, the results I've gotten from these irons on top of the progress I've made from lessons and playing my way back is a big boost. There's been a marked gain in my results from putting these in the bag in place of the CF16 combo set.

Seeing how I will be moving off the 565s to possibly the pros this gives me confidence I can swing them. Last year was up and down with my irons as well but hopefully I can come to a decision soon. Glad your hitting them so well.

Picked up my combo set yesterday and went straight to the course. Conditions were 80 and steady 20 mph winds. These irons couldn't possibly live up to the hype, right? First hole from 80 out hit 3/4 AW to ten feet, made the putt. Soon ran into a couple of slow threesomes, perfect, I just started droppin' balls at various distances, damn this is fun. Ditto on all the accolades these irons have received on this thread. I really can't add anything that hasn't already been said. I did play a "scoring" ball and was -3 through 13, then the Summer Shandy's kicked in, got a little loose with the driver plunking two in the water, last day of vacation so don't judge me. Water finds it level, finished with a 75. Today a customer invited me to play in an outing at Canton Brookside, one of the finest courses in Ohio. A shame to play a scramble on it, but whatever. Low 60's and more wind 20-25 mph, good lord does it ever stop? Hit some incredible shots. From 138 into that damn wind hit 7 iron with a little butter cut, 2 feet kick in. From 168 uphill, again into that damn wind, we figured it was playing 200, hit the 5 iron 20 ft past pin, it was just fun to watch. So, 2 rounds in and I have complete confidence in every club. I feel like I've been playing them for a month. No issue with the slightly different feel as you go through the set, just a joy to hit, and can't wait to play again Thursday(or sooner!!) Really looking forward to hitting them on a calm day. Lastly, that AW is $$.

Back