Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Less than 5 rounds with these, and I’ve tested the forgiveness like no other club I’ve owned. My swing is still pure crap, but a nice hit ball with feels so smooth, and a miss low or on the toe still is forgiving to not penalize you too much.

One of my favorite shots this weekend was an AW from a little over 100 yards out. Hit the back of the green (was sloping slightly back to front) and spun an ERC back about 6 feet towards the pin. Fantastic feeling.

Can not wait to get my swing back to semi normal so I can provide some feedback besides how forgiving they are, or how I can thin a PW 140 yards, 10 feet off the ground and still be on the green, lol.

c2e231a04e43b79ac4fed83a05a98222.jpg

So cool! @phil75070 is now “insta-famous”. It was a fun match to witness between him and DNevs in singles.

It was a weird day last round out. 17% GIR, 3 GIR on the front 9 which included back2back on holes 3&4. Hole 9 the other GIR and then nothing.

One thing I was noticing is I was coming up short on my approaches, but around the green, like 5-10 yards short so it was pretty easy to chip and save par/bogey.

Some toe misses, some defensive swings, some swings that I thought I nutted and it just came up short. Can't quite explain why the miss was short, even a few holes I clubbed up and still missed short, just a weird day but hey you tell me I'd shoot 81 with 3 GIR and I'd take that in 2 seconds. Think a small part of the reason was from Hole 1 I said to miss below the hole. 1st hole I had like 117 to a back-pin which should be an AW, I decided to club up to PW and take some off of it but it came up short, which is how the rest of the round went.

The main key was missing in the perfect spots until 1 hole where I missed left and found some super thick trash leading to a double.

Next round I'll try and be a little more aggressive.

Clubs came in a few days ago and they look and feel amazing. I am debating on whether I should try them out on the range first or just break them in on the course later today.

Clubs came in a few days ago and they look and feel amazing. I am debating on whether I should try them out on the range first or just break them in on the course later today.

The correct answer is yes and yes! Just do it!!!

This is why I went with a split set. The 5&6 Apex are too thin so mishits lose a lot of distance. Also, too straight/slight offset. So we’re all used to offset in those clubs. That’s why I use a Rouge in 5&6

Post like these are what made me want to go full Pro. Haven't had a chance to hit them a third time but I'm looking forward to it some point this week. I've just been so busy. But the Forgiveness really stood out the first few times. And that's when I wasn't even considering going full Pro I was deciding between standard and combo. But now full Pro is a definite possibility. Just concerned about four and five iron forgiveness and consistency.

First time out with the Apex yesterday. I really like the pairing with the Modus 120. I think after a few range sessions and more time on the course these irons can really help move my game and scores in the right direction.

First time out with the Apex yesterday. I really like the pairing with the Modus 120. I think after a few range sessions and more time on the course these irons can really help move my game and scores in the right direction.

I'm very happy with my Nippon shafts as well.

I've had one 9 hole round, and a range session, and I am very happy with my upgrade. The regular apex in the long irons provide the forgiveness I need out of those clubs, with very good bottom groove forgiveness Haha. The short irons have a more penetrating flight than I am used to seeing from my old irons. Plenty of feedback on all shots, and the VSS technology in the Elevate shafts seems to work pretty well. Vibration similar to the graphite I was playing before.

In a moment of weakness, I traded in a bunch of clubs I had sitting around and placed an order last night. Looking forward to hitting them.

In a moment of weakness, I traded in a bunch of clubs I had sitting around and placed an order last night. Looking forward to hitting them.

That’s not weakness, that’s your subconscious leading you to the correct and only decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not weakness, that’s your subconscious leading you to the correct and only decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth! I had my best round with my Pros last night and they are so addicting to hit. We had some very tough wind conditions yesterday and the ability to flight them was really helpful throughout the 9 and provided a nice, piercing flight. I have my match for my leagues Match Play Championship tomorrow night and hoping I can keep that performance up.

There is maybe a 5% chance my new Apex irons arrive tomorrow.

Really itching to get my hands on them.

I have great memories of the 6i off grass during a recent fitting........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There is maybe a 5% chance my new Apex irons arrive tomorrow.

Really itching to get my hands on them.

I have great memories of the 6i off grass during a recent fitting........

I’m shocked you don’t have them already.

If they’re in customs now, you’ll probably have them tomorrow.

I’m shocked you don’t have them already.

If they’re in customs now, you’ll probably have them tomorrow.
Hope so. Edwin Watts (saved a LOT by not ordering through True Spec btw).

May have to have some specs checked (were ordered de-lofted a bit).

Can't wait. These just have got to be more forgiving than the AP2. Trackman numbers were very compelling.

Hope so. Edwin Watts (saved a LOT by not ordering through True Spec btw).

May have to have some specs checked (were ordered de-lofted a bit).

Can't wait. These just have got to be more forgiving than the AP2. Trackman numbers were very compelling.

Likely are. Hope they come in for you sooner than later!

Hoping they perform as well as everyone has praised them.

That’s all dependent on you. The clubs are great but they still need an okay swing to make magic happen. Put a good swing on them and they’ll take care of you - no doubt

I’m addicted to the turf interaction.

Holy hell.

pretty good day with these today. i didn’t see the lefts through the bag, but the lefts are still there. the aw is a hooker and it’s driving me crazy. i want a lie analysis asap.

but holy mother of God do these feel good when hit well. and i hit them pretty darn well. still thrilled with them and i honestly can’t think of anything they don’t do that i wish they would. so basically they check every box i ask them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good day here as well. Started in rain, ended round in 2 club wind. I can’t believe how well I played. The forgiveness is a definite and combined with renewed confidence, it made the round extremely enjoyable. I have never been able to ‘flight’ ball very well, and I did this better than ever (for me). All I can say is that anyone looking for new clubs should take the Apex for a test run. As I said before, new clubs sexy as heck!

Back