Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

The deal I found on these was from 4-AW. I've dropped the 4 in favor of a hybrid and substituted a MD2 50* for the AW to go with my MD2 Tour Grind 54 and 58. For some reason I can't get any distance out of the AW that came with the set and prefer the turf interaction of the MD off some of the tight fairways I play.

I game 5-AW and have noticed the same with my AW. I havent checked lofts on it, but my AW seems short compared to my 50* wedge (also a MD2), and i have since switched them out.

Sounds like we have a similar setup! I go hybrid, 5-PW, 50/54/58. it works!

Got in a nice long range session, really focused on my irons. I love the sound of these. Solid, clean, and just feels awesome through impact.

The deal I found on these was from 4-AW. I've dropped the 4 in favor of a hybrid and substituted a MD2 50* for the AW to go with my MD2 Tour Grind 54 and 58. For some reason I can't get any distance out of the AW that came with the set and prefer the turf interaction of the MD off some of the tight fairways I play.

As a low ball hitter, I find I get the solid distance out of this even in the AW. Have seen some issues with the SW as far as distance, but has been better the last few times out.

I ordered a set a little over 2 weeks ago but Callaway messed up and sent me right handed sticks (I'm a lefty). Oh well, I have this thread to keep me going until the correct clubs get here :) Can't wait to hit these bad boys.

I ordered a set a little over 2 weeks ago but Callaway messed up and sent me right handed sticks (I'm a lefty). Oh well, I have this thread to keep me going until the correct clubs get here :) Can't wait to hit these bad boys.

You're going to enjoy the heck out of them, super solid set of sticks.

My set is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I am replacing a set of Razr X Tours. Looking forward to beginning a new season.

These clubs are now 15 months removed from their release date. Every other club in Callaway's lineup for game improvement has been replaced, but these got renewed for 2015. They're on the Golf Digest Hot List again, getting Gold honors. Put simply, Callaway Apex irons punch above their weight class. Forged irons with a carpenter 455 face welded into place, long irons have tungsten plugs to move CG. I don't work for Calllaway (ignore the signature), but I love these clubs. Put simply, they ruin the look and feel of most any other game improvement iron, IMO.

For those who wonder about the Apex irons, as they show up on more secondary locations, here you go:

I played my first rounds with them last week and came really impressed, my ball striking was not that good, but most misshits still ended up on the green or close enough to the intended target.

I seriously had doubts that they were overhyped, but they are real

Yeah, it's amazing that they're clubs from 2013 and you still see them on the shelf. I personally still like the looks of them better than everything else Callaway has put out, except the Apex Pros.

They really are a fantastic release and clearly still going strong. I think what appeals to so many with the Apex is that they fit a popular slot. They are GI but have the components and look of a more "players" iron. Between the distance, the feel, the control and forgiveness, it's just a badass set of irons. Love mine and can't wait to see the next version whenever that might be.

They really are a fantastic release and clearly still going strong. I think what appeals to so many with the Apex is that they fit a popular slot. They are GI but have the components and look of a more "players" iron. Between the distance, the feel, the control and forgiveness, it's just a badass set of irons. Love mine and can't wait to see the next version whenever that might be.
Plus one

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've got Apex irons on the mind as well. What's a good price for a very good condition set of 4-pw?
Stock stiff steel shafts? Id look on Callaway preowned but they don't have any...

Thanks!

I've got Apex irons on the mind as well. What's a good price for a very good condition set of 4-pw?
Stock stiff steel shafts? Id look on Callaway preowned but they don't have any...

Thanks!
I think there may still be a set for sale in the marketplace.

A used set was just sold for $475 there last week.

Received my UT today, and just got back from the range with it.

I love it.

I was freaking out waiting for a week. After hitting it I'm even more excited to put it into play.

Undoubtedly, I will suck with it in actual game play for the first while, but I expect this will end up saving me a lot of stokes over time.

I've been scouring the forums here, and elsewhere, trying to find a set of used ones. Can't muster the nut for a new set. Saw a used set at Golfsmith today and thought I struck gold, but they were beat up...

I saw that set. Yeah they were beat pretty bad.

I'm still on the look out for one to try before I buy a set.

I decided to go more forgiving after having owned rsi tp, mp15, j15, vapor pro this year. I was set on xr pro but decided to try the Apex. So easy to hit and soft, they may be in the bag awhile. I've never hit a 4 iron with such ease.

I absolutely love my Mizuno 850F's, but since buying my UT, I can't help but think I should have looked harder at the Apex's.
They are so smooth...the feel is amazing.

I bit the bullet on mine a month or so ago, and I was less than impressed, actually very disappointed.
Also thought that the fitting was incorrect.
After a few weeks went back to the store, had another fitting, which showed a few degrees upright was required, with additional length.
And man what a difference.
I'm hitting shots I didn't think possible, and as everyone says..... these clubs are awesome.

100% YES!

I'm a hack, but look like a player, at least when they are sitting in the cart anyways :D

I contemplated trading in the Apex for the XR Pros. Couldn't get myself to do it though. Apex are too good for me.

They're now regripped and ready for the 2015 season.

Noticing the 6 iron has a distinctly different sound in my set than in the rest of the irons. Anyone else notice the 6 iron sounding different?

Noticing the 6 iron has a distinctly different sound in my set than in the rest of the irons. Anyone else notice the 6 iron sounding different?

I did not notice anything, but some people have had the plastic peice fall off, could it cause the sound difference?

Back