Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

I got a bit surprised how how forgiving the CBs are. I also hit those a little further then the Pros.
But when it came to 5-7 iron the CBs got a little harder.
So a combo Apex 5-7 and CBs 8-10 is on the way...
More combo sets!!!

I got a bit surprised how how forgiving the CBs are. I also hit those a little further then the Pros.
Thats perfect! The CBs were a surprise to me also with not being as hard to hit as expected!

Thats perfect! The CBs were a surprise to me also with not being as hard to hit as expected!

Just.
Could also have chosen a pure CB set.
But thought that you don't get any younger and a combo fits perfectly with Pro.
Pros were also really nice, soft in the hit and lovely sound.

Just.
Could also have chosen a pure CB set.
But thought that you don't get any younger and a combo fits perfectly with Pro.
Pros were also really nice, soft in the hit and lovely sound.
Dont need to sacrifice the forgiveness in the long irons if you dont mind the profile and shape! I understand that for sure.

Yes, excited for another Pro/CB combo!

I adore my Pro 5 iron. It's angry, and awesome, and blasts. It sounds great, it seems to enjoy drawing, and it flies angry which is perfect for what I am usually seeking out of it.

Do I regret not giving the 6 or the 4 a bit more time? Sort of maybe medium I guess. But not because they fit my setup better, just because this 5 iron has won me over completely hahahaha

For you guys who hit the long irons in the Pro, what has surprised you the most about it?

I adore my Pro 5 iron. It's angry, and awesome, and blasts. It sounds great, it seems to enjoy drawing, and it flies angry which is perfect for what I am usually seeking out of it.

Do I regret not giving the 6 or the 4 a bit more time? Sort of maybe medium I guess. But not because they fit my setup better, just because this 5 iron has won me over completely hahahaha

For you guys who hit the long irons in the Pro, what has surprised you the most about it?
How soft they are and not that clicky sound that the erlier Pro model have.

The piercing flight I see to get distance off the tee, yet still with enough height to hold greens if need be. Plus, it's accurate and forgiving. Usually with long irons I have a few of these traits, but I've never had all of them.

How soft they are and not that clicky sound that the erlier Pro model have.
They compare so well to the CB, and that speaks so highly of what the Pro has, because the CB is phenomenal.

The Pro’s were part of my fitting today and the looks are great down by the ball. Created the best (highest) spin for me today but really lacked the distance compared to the T200, i530, and ZX5 MKII. Kept hitting these on the button but the ball speed wasn’t there which was a bit of a bummer. Had hoped these would have produced better numbers for me but lacked the ball speed.

Still loving the feel and performance of the Pros with Recoil Dart 105F4’s. Wasn’t a great day on the course for me mostly due to short game woes, but I’m glad I had highlights with the AW, 8i and 6i.

I'm gaming the Pro CB 5-11 with the UT at the 20* spot. With how well I have been hitting the CB 5i, I am pondering replacing the UT with CB 4i. There is a level of comfort and confidence that with the 5i that I haven't found yet with the UT.

Got the new setup out to the range today. Boy, this is going to play! The Recoil Darts and Pro/CB combo felt fantastic, and ball flight backed it up. Long irons had enough height, but still piercing flight into a slight wind. Same with the short irons, nice high ball slight that didn't balloon in the wind. I hadn't been overly comfortable with the Pro 8i and 9i in the past, but this first range session with the CB's makes me feel like I'm really going to like going this direction. Looking forward to this season!

Is it weird that I am looking at the apex pros... Again..

Is it weird that I am looking at the apex pros... Again..
Not at all! They look good feel good play good, Especially those CBs.

Not at all! They look good feel good play good, Especially those CBs.
Yeah, I had the combos CB/MB. maybe didnt give them enough time or didnt have the right set up but I was not happy with them. I wish I had gotten the Apex Pros..

Yeah, I had the combos CB/MB. maybe didnt give them enough time or didnt have the right set up but I was not happy with them. I wish I had gotten the Apex Pros..
Interesting, in a shaft you like also?

yeah.. just didn't get what I was wanting or expecting.
well I hope if you give them another shot or the pros a shot.. that you see gooder results

I don’t know what my future holds with these in the long irons. I think it’s bleak. When I hit them well (and did a few times) they over turn.

Miss was thin and little help from a true CB on those shots. The short irons are so damn great. Not good. Great. From 8-11 is as good as anything I’ve ever used.

I don’t know what my future holds with these in the long irons. I think it’s bleak. When I hit them well (and did a few times) they over turn.

Miss was thin and little help from a true CB on those shots. The short irons are so damn great. Not good. Great. From 8-11 is as good as anything I’ve ever used.
Make it a combo set.

Make it a combo set.
I’m thinking about it. The 4 will be a hybrid without a doubt. A 24 degree. I don’t know that a 27 hybrid is in the cards but I really will consider it to keep the short irons in play.

I can handle the 6 and 7 irons enough to make them work.

Back