Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Didn't game these today just to see what was going on with my swing... I am going back to them 5-11 iron and leaving the 4 iron out of the bag. I love the consistency of the short irons and can make my way around the 5 and 6 irons.

Was highly bothered by my bad swings over the past 2 weeks. Couldn't give up and leave well enough alone so I took the 5, 7, and 9 to hit some balls. Absolute stripe show when I don't stand way upright at address. I don't know..... GOLF.. makes little sense when it goes wrong, but is oh so great when one shot makes ya wanna go back!

I get to take my irons out for the first time tomorrow! Let's freaking go!

Let’s gooo!!! Can’t wait for your thoughts

Starting to get comfortable with the UT and seeing what it can do. It’s looking like the weapon off the tee I hoped it would be.

Starting to get comfortable with the UT and seeing what it can do. It’s looking like the weapon off the tee I hoped it would be.
Yeah I can see that being a deadly weapon for you

Yeah I can see that being a deadly weapon for you
I was pondering the CB 4i, but happy with what I’ve seen out of it the last few rounds. I’m thinking the UT will provide some extra forgiveness.

Well, it might finally be time to crack open that wallet and order a set...

Its tomorrow!!!!!!

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

I was pondering the CB 4i, but happy with what I’ve seen out of it the last few rounds. I’m thinking the UT will provide some extra forgiveness.
you need to hit a Ai Smoke 4i some day. I could see you hitting it a mile!

I rode mine into competition and its just to unreliable for me. I picked up a Smoke Hybrid to play at 23 degrees. Its so easy to hit I may get a 24 to play at 26 and sit the 5 iron out in any type of competition rounds.

What are you thinking?
Pro 3-7, CB 8-10 1° strong, PX LZ. No where around here to get a good fitting, so just going off previous results. Not sure the Elevate Tours are working for me anymore.

Last edited:
Pro 3-7, CB 8-10 1° weak, PX LZ. No where around here to get a good fitting, so just going off previous results. Not sure the Elevate Tours are working for me anymore.
I've enjoyed the Pro 4i so much, I did contemplate a Pro 3i, but decided a UW would probably fit better here, and cover my gaps a bit better. But I think you can't go wrong with the Pros in the 3-7 spots!

I just added the 8-10i CB's, but just have one trip to the range on them right now. From what I saw, I think they will fit here nicely. Great turf interaction and were hitting the numbers I was hoping for, with a bit better dispersion than what I was seeing with the Pro 8i-PW.

Pro 3-7, CB 8-10 1° strong, PX LZ. No where around here to get a good fitting, so just going off previous results. Not sure the Elevate Tours are working for me anymore.
FWIW I got along pretty well with the Elevates in the 21 iron. I quite liked them. Going back to a PX shaft I’ve played in a few other sets though feels like coming home. Instantly comfortable.

On to the irons...these beautiful beautiful irons.

I could say I'm in love and leave it at that because it's true. But these passed every single test but one last night (I'll get to that later).

First thing to say is my god these feel good. Pros are more dense feeling than my TCBs and the CBs feel better than them which I didn't know was possible. I only have the 10 and 11 in the CB, but still the feel is immaculate. The 5-9 of the Pro is exactly what I was hoping. I didn't hear/feel any clicking comparatively to how the 21 Pros felt. Dense crack is more what I'd describe it as.

Distances were spot on. Zero adjustment needed. But the long irons. Oh the long irons were EASY to hit. That's what I needed. I needed that confidence since it hasn't been there in two years. I had a mishit and it went almost exactly the same distance as a good strike. That's the reason I got the pros. I want more forgiveness and it seems like, at least after the first impression, I got it.

The only test not passed was my 7i. And that has nothing to do with the iron. I've struggled with that club for some reason for three seasons now. It's in my head. I thought new irons and new shafts would get that out of my head but it may be harder than that. I only swung it three times so nothing definitive yet and nothing I'm actually worried about this early in the season. With how the rest of the clubs performed, I have no doubt I'll be fine. I just have to get that self doubt out of my own head.

The coolest thing though was that the set 11i (GW), which I've never used before is PERFECT. I feel way better with it compared to a 52* and I pulled it twice and hit my distance dead on both times. Going from a 50* to a 56* isn't going to bother me at all and I really think it will open up more opportunities to score with the confidence I gained.

We played a tee up so I didn't get to use them as much as I normally would, so I still have plenty to figure out. First impressions though knocked it out of the park

I could say I'm in love and leave it at that because it's true. But these passed every single test but one last night (I'll get to that later).

First thing to say is my god these feel good. Pros are more dense feeling than my TCBs and the CBs feel better than them which I didn't know was possible. I only have the 10 and 11 in the CB, but still the feel is immaculate. The 5-9 of the Pro is exactly what I was hoping. I didn't hear/feel any clicking comparatively to how the 21 Pros felt. Dense crack is more what I'd describe it as.

Distances were spot on. Zero adjustment needed. But the long irons. Oh the long irons were EASY to hit. That's what I needed. I needed that confidence since it hasn't been there in two years. I had a mishit and it went almost exactly the same distance as a good strike. That's the reason I got the pros. I want more forgiveness and it seems like, at least after the first impression, I got it.

The only test not passed was my 7i. And that has nothing to do with the iron. I've struggled with that club for some reason for three seasons now. It's in my head. I thought new irons and new shafts would get that out of my head but it may be harder than that. I only swung it three times so nothing definitive yet and nothing I'm actually worried about this early in the season. With how the rest of the clubs performed, I have no doubt I'll be fine. I just have to get that self doubt out of my own head.

The coolest thing though was that the set 11i (GW), which I've never used before is PERFECT. I feel way better with it compared to a 52* and I pulled it twice and hit my distance dead on both times. Going from a 50* to a 56* isn't going to bother me at all and I really think it will open up more opportunities to score with the confidence I gained.

We played a tee up so I didn't get to use them as much as I normally would, so I still have plenty to figure out. First impressions though knocked it out of the park
It’s a great feeling when something works so well!!

Glad to hear for the most part this set met or exceeded expectations! Always a good feeling during that first round out! Can't wait to hear more as the season progresses my man!

Back