Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

I have standard Apex. I have CBs. Callaway has 150% trade in on irons. Makes sense that I would trade both sets in on a combo and just get the shafts I want avoiding the build process plus likely have trade credit remaining

I have standard Apex. I have CBs. Callaway has 150% trade in on irons. Makes sense that I would trade both sets in on a combo and just get the shafts I want avoiding the build process plus likely have trade credit remaining
Makes sense to me. You completed the 4 month review on the stock setup, and did it well. You're going to stay with the new Apex irons, and will continue with the feedback. I say do it.

Makes sense to me. You completed the 4 month review on the stock setup, and did it well. You're going to stay with the new Apex irons, and will continue with the feedback. I say do it.
I'm going to combo with Pro and CB. Going back to the Dart 105 shafts. Lie angles a 1 flat. Like I would if I got fit.... which I'm on my way to Dicks in just a minute to see for sure. Its kinda of a retro fit/summer set up. I won't be going away from the Apex line, just need to dial in a few things for confidence sake.

I'm going to combo with Pro and CB. Going back to the Dart 105 shafts. Lie angles a 1 flat. Like I would if I got fit.... which I'm on my way to Dicks in just a minute to see for sure. Its kinda of a retro fit/summer set up. I won't be going away from the Apex line, just need to dial in a few things for confidence sake.
I think it's a great move. It'll give you some really good talking points on a stock setup vs a fitted set as well.

Also love that you're adding some Pros in the long irons. Where are you going to add the Pros? 5 and 6i?

I think it's a great move. It'll give you some really good talking points on a stock setup vs a fitted set as well.

Also love that you're adding some Pros in the long irons. Where are you going to add the Pros? 5 and 6i?
Pro in 5-8. Those aren't shots that I really would try to hit partial shots with on a regular basis. I think the 9-11 in the CBs are the best I've used. Most of my par 3s here are 150 to 160 or out to 190-210... rarely in the middle. Looking to make life easier on that part off the course.

That seems like the move to me.
The reviews and feedback have been great.

Pro in 5-8. Those aren't shots that I really would try to hit partial shots with on a regular basis. I think the 9-11 in the CBs are the best I've used. Most of my par 3s here are 150 to 160 or out to 190-210... rarely in the middle. Looking to make life easier on that part off the course.
I like it! Excited to see what it does for you! I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised at how well the Pros and CB's blend, from look, to sound and feel. Just a fantastic overall combo.

The reviews and feedback have been great.
I enjoyed getting a bit of a head start on you GD guys, but have really enjoyed more and more feedback coming in from everyone. Been awesome to see how everyone has confirmed just how consistent these irons are, and how forgiving they can be.

Would you go 1 weak with the Pro or 1 strong with the CB? (Its only a degree.. I'm going to ignore it and not mess with the sole. I will mess up that degree far more than the club ever will) :)

If my head was out of my rump I'd see that Callaway made it all super easy and made the combo for me.....

I was just about to say that :p
It forces the 4 iron though.. I'm good in that spot. Just gonna do it the long way around.... A full nights sleep isn't my friend lol

I enjoyed getting a bit of a head start on you GD guys, but have really enjoyed more and more feedback coming in from everyone. Been awesome to see how everyone has confirmed just how consistent these irons are, and how forgiving they can be.
It's been fun reading along and now being able to contribute.

I miss out on the toe and have been pleasantly surprised by the forgiveness.

I did mention I noticed a decent amount of drop off in distance on the UT when you miss it far out there.
Would you go 1 weak with the Pro or 1 strong with the CB? (Its only a degree.. I'm going to ignore it and not mess with the sole. I will mess up that degree far more than the club ever will) :)
I would look at how the irons are going to flow into either the top or bottom of your bag. I went strong with my lofts so they could close the gap with the top end.

Wait what? I have a set laying around and I might need some Ai Smoke in my life. 😀

Wait what? I have a set laying around and I might need some Ai Smoke in my life. 😀
Beach Day Vacation GIF by StickerGiant

I can honestly say I have given the Smoke some thought but I love the short irons in the CB set so much I don't want to jump from them.

While we have some eyes in here. Anyone looking at the Apex Pro or CB's have any questions?

I can honestly say I have given the Smoke some thought but I love the short irons in the CB set so much I don't want to jump from them.
I thought about the Smoke in a 4i...but the Pro is so good there so it didn't last long.

For the record... the shaft swap and making life easier will cost me $5.... plus tax... yeah... I gotta call because it only list the MB and not the CB but this is going down. I'll bag the Copper King Tour until they arrive.

While we have some eyes in here. Anyone looking at the Apex Pro or CB's have any questions?
What is one thing with the Apex Pro or CB’s that you wish was different? Strength of lofts? Sound? Feel? How has durability held up since you have probably had your set in play the longest?

I was debating a 3i apex pro 24 but my 5w is there. Also, maybe swapping the pro 24 P/A for 10/11 cb down the road.

Just thoughts right now.

What is one thing with the Apex Pro or CB’s that you wish was different? Strength of lofts? Sound? Feel? How has durability held up since you have probably had your set in play the longest?
The one thing I wish was different might be turf interaction with the Pros in the scoring irons. They just didn't get along with my swing. They weren't terrible, but I had a bit too much digging, which was amplified when I was playing in wet conditions. No issues in the 4i-7i, but once I got to the 8i it's where I noticed it. I only have one range session with the CB's, but it was an improvement over the Pros for my swing in those scoring irons. Just glided through the turf. The Pros are such good clubs, just wish that confidence continued through the scoring irons. Partial PW's were really good, just those full swings that caused me trouble.

Funny you mention strength of lofts. At first I had this thought, but even with the weaker lofts I'm still seeing very comparable distances to my Cobra KFT's. So honestly, I'm ok with the distances I'm seeing, regardless of the lofts differences.

The durability has been pretty good. No wear that is out of the ordinary. The only issues I've seen with the finish are the black marks that happen near the Callaway logo on the back of the clubhead. Not sure what causes them, but it very noticeable. Wipes away easy with a magic eraser, but still wish it didn't happen.

I was debating a 3i apex pro 24 but my 5w is there. Also, maybe swapping the pro 24 P/A for 10/11 cb down the road.

Just thoughts right now.
I have no regrets going with the 10/11 CB. They are fantastic and turf interaction is unreal.

After taxes..... UST recoil Dart 105 F5 Apex Pro 5-8 with CB 9-11 bent 1 flat, 2 wraps under stock grip.....

$95 I love Callaway.

After taxes..... UST recoil Dart 105 F5 Apex Pro 5-8 with CB 9-11 bent 1 flat, 2 wraps under stock grip.....

$95 I love Callaway.
Yes, another Pro/CB combo, and add in the Darts!! Excited for you man!

Back