Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Hit them into the screen after work. Initial results are straighter, and maybe a club shorter than where I was with my old irons when I was hitting them well. However, that makes them longer than my old irons I played last weekend. I'll need some more work to nail down gapping and see how they react on the course with a new ball.
Good first impressions. I am in the same boat as you in regards to a little distance loss, but since they have been in the bag I’m seeing some of that start to come back.

Looking forward to hearing your on course feedback.

So when is the next round? 😂

The sole on those CBs makes me think that the turf interaction must be so freaking good.
Turf interaction with the CB’s is…
hot alyssa milano GIF

The sole on those CBs makes me think that the turf interaction must be so freaking good.

Turf interaction with the CB’s is…
hot alyssa milano GIF
As others have stated in here, the cbs are very good cutting through the turf.
I will let keep you updated on my thoughts. They cbs are in the bag waiting to get hit on the course.

Good first impressions. I am in the same boat as you in regards to a little distance loss, but since they have been in the bag I’m seeing some of that start to come back.

Looking forward to hearing your on course feedback.

So when is the next round? 😂
Sunday. 4 iron off the first tee.

Man, I hit the long irons in the CB’s so much longer than I ever expect, it always jacks with my mind

Was just out in the garage hitting some knock down types. These are probably the best feeling Apex since the 2014 Pros.

Hit some balls in the yard a little bit ago.. only about 10 to test the ankle for tomorrow: The 10 iron in the CBs is so easy to knock down and to chip with. I've never used a club in the PW spot for those shots until now

Ugh. I have gotten to page 111 on this thread and now I'm pondering. Thought I was dead set on the T150's but this thread has me looking. Especially with the ability to swingweight these. My irons need to be cut a full inch below standard so being able to get the swingweight up is kinda a big deal for me. Great job everyone. Back to reading

Long time coming, but maiden voyage with the Apex Pros today. First few swings were pretty rough, but they were right after an hour long car ride and straight to the tee, but settled in nicely. I much preferred these to the '21 Apex Pros from a feel perspective - they felt much more solid, especially in the long irons.

Had an opportunity to hit a lot of long irons between some long par 3s and shots into par 5s, and found the 5i really easy to hit, despite the smaller profile. I also made sure to hit a few touch shots around the green with the 8-9-P, and was pleased with how controllable they are. These seem like a really nice middle ground iron set - help where you need it, but control in the shorter irons.

All and all, happy with the first time out with them, and looking forward to a round at the home course with them tomorrow.

Ugh. I have gotten to page 111 on this thread and now I'm pondering. Thought I was dead set on the T150's but this thread has me looking. Especially with the ability to swingweight these. My irons need to be cut a full inch below standard so being able to get the swingweight up is kinda a big deal for me. Great job everyone. Back to reading
I had the 21 pros w/mmt95s and told myself I wasn't getting new clubs anytime soon.
Fast forward, this year I hit multiple driver/iron sets. I liked the t150 with av blue but the 24 pro beat them out. You can look in my Club testing tthread for more info.

I ended up buying the 24 pro 4-A and later getting the 9-11 CBs for a combo set, w/ mmt95s

Went a little aggressive and traded the apex pros for the CB’s. Let’s see how these play out.

Hit the 6i today and even choking down for the lie angle difference, wow the turf interaction is so much better. Like hitting musclebacks but not

The Pros are everything I wanted them to be and more. The extra forgiveness I'm seeing on mishits, is the exact reason I wanted them. I can't say how many time's I've hit them less than pure and got way more than I deserved so far. I've picked up a solid 5-7 yards on the TCBs on pure strikes and maybe 10 on mishits. I'm glad I have the 10 and 11 in the CB, but the 5-9 in the Pros are PERFECTION

These ended up making the trip with me, they’re not as fast as the SMS Pro’s, but, with where my swing is right now I feel like I have to work less with the Apex Pro CB’s.

These ended up making the trip with me, they’re not as fast as the SMS Pro’s, but, with where my swing is right now I feel like I have to work less with the Apex Pro CB’s.
This is the same way I feel… they don’t go as far, but they are easier to hit than the SMS pros and I don’t mishit them near as much.

Went a little aggressive and traded the apex pros for the CB’s. Let’s see how these play out.

Hit the 6i today and even choking down for the lie angle difference, wow the turf interaction is so much better. Like hitting musclebacks but not
The turf interaction is a great thing on the CBs!

This is the same way I feel… they don’t go as far, but they are easier to hit than the SMS pros and I don’t mishit them near as much.
They’re about 3 mph slower for me, which is a lot to leave on the table, but for a golf trip, these made more sense right now.

I've I have an iron in hand with a shot at the green, I'm going to be putting. The combo of the UST Dart 105 F5 and the Apex Pro 5-8 make hitting greens on par 3s very easy now. The CBs in the 9, 10, 11 allow for control and some easy pitch shots. Not afraid of a low flighted 9 iron at 120 yards. (Normally a 140-145 carry club)

Shot of the round with the irons this morning... Needed a bogey to break 80 with a par 5 18th hole. Driver was at least 275 carry on a push into the trees. Punch out down the fairway and out of trouble with a very short 5 iron. Very elevated green, into the wind, 125 playing 140... sawed off 8 iron punch shot to roughly 10 feet for a 2 putt par. Really liked the CBs in the mid and long irons but the confidence wasn't there. I don't feel like I'm going to miss now. Never.

They’re about 3 mph slower for me, which is a lot to leave on the table, but for a golf trip, these made more sense right now.
I can sacrifice some distance for better accuracy

Definitely need to figure out the distances with these. First round today was good , though. Once I got warmed up, I was about a club short of my old set when they worked. Some very good results, though. The CBs are amazing through the turf, can't wait for the 8i to show up.

Back