Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

I think it depends on the person and swing. I would think most people would benefit from the extra loft at 14*. One of the guys in my regular group has the 14*. Even though he has a mid/high ball flight, he is very happy he went with the 14*. He hit mine at 12* and was hitting it a bit low for his taste.

If you are planning to use it off the deck, the extra loft would help. Also check out Callaway Preowned. They will have sales from time-to-time.

Thanks for the input!

I think it depends on the person and swing. I would think most people would benefit from the extra loft at 14*. One of the guys in my regular group has the 14*. Even though he has a mid/high ball flight, he is very happy he went with the 14*. He hit mine at 12* and was hitting it a bit low for his taste.

If you are planning to use it off the deck, the extra loft would help. Also check out Callaway Preowned. They will have sales from time-to-time.

Cally Preowned got me again. 30% off orders over $300.00. Needless to say I have a 14 degree being delivered this afternoon.

I think after much tweaking and trail and error, I finally have my Mini to the point where I need it. The Tini just didn't feel comfortable to me and I was seeing inconsistent results. When I hit it only the crews, long mid flight bombs resulted. Problem is that those were few and far between and their were a lot of low snap hooks in between. Put the Speeder 665 shaft back in and added about a swing weight and a half by applying lead tape to the head. Much better and more consistent results the past two rounds and I now consider the club a definite weapon that I have confidence in.

When I got fitted for the Mini it was set to -1 (11*) and D it started left and I had a nice fade back to the middle lately it is starting left and going straight. Does anyone know if I set it to N will the fade come back. I am hitting all of my other clubs with a fade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

During yesterday's round pre-Gauntlet, there was much discussion about how this is my "driver" as we started the round.
After the 18th hole was complete, and the final scores were tallied, it was determined that 11/14 fir with one bad swing, one just off the grass, and one block, this stick has earned new respect from the group.

Last edited:
I have fitted a Fubuki Z50 on my 12* Mini and it is awesome gained 2mph swing speed and 20 yards of carry.

Driver started going way left in the middle of the round today. Nice to have the Mini in the bag to find fairways and not lose much distance when the driver acts up.

When I got fitted for the Mini it was set to -1 (11*) and D it started left and I had a nice fade back to the middle lately it is starting left and going straight. Does anyone know if I set it to N will the fade come back. I am hitting all of my other clubs with a fade.

Don't think so. If everything else fades, the issue is probably club path, club face with the Mini. Check it with the Mini again - for a fade, you want club face pointed left at impact, let's say, 1 or 2 degrees, with a club path that is double the amount the face is open, depending on how much fade you want. So if face is closed 2 degrees at impact, you want a out to in path of 4 degrees. If it's not happening, see if you can hop on a sim. Check your setup at address so you are set for something like this... good luck.

Don't think so. If everything else fades, the issue is probably club path, club face with the Mini. Check it with the Mini again - for a fade, you want club face pointed left at impact, let's say, 1 or 2 degrees, with a club path that is double the amount the face is open, depending on how much fade you want. So if face is closed 2 degrees at impact, you want a out to in path of 4 degrees. If it's not happening, see if you can hop on a sim. Check your setup at address so you are set for something like this... good luck.

How do you measure 4*? :D

How do you measure 4*? :D

LOL... great question. I think you practice the club face to path ratio 'till you get the flight you want. But I wanted to give an example. Please say it better!

I have gained a very high level of comfort with this club. Can hit it high or low and left or right. Right being very unusual for me as I struggle mightily to hit a fade. Driver struggles are no longer an issue since I have this club as a back-up plan when that occurs.

I've finally had enough time with this club in the bag to truly understand how good it is. This club has added so much consistency off of the tee. In terms of Distance, I really don't believe I'm losing much playing this thing. We played in a benefit scramble today that I have play many times and this club has really helped our team dynamics. I was able to step up and put a good ball in play confidently and allow my teammates to play more aggressive off the tee.

Most impressive, Hole #4 is a nice downhill par 4 with a creek running across at 281yds from the tee we played. Decided to hit the Mini as we had a ball in play already and tried to see if I could hit it over the creek. Sure enough that sucker was sitting ther in the fairway with room to spare over the creek. Everyone in the group was very very impressed that the Bertha Mini could still launch the ball that far.

Met another player in the benefit on the range who was warming up with the Bertha Mini. I asked his thoughts on the club and he said "I love it! Straight and long. No reason to waste time on my driver!"

I'm sad to see that Callaway pulled the plug on this guy. I really think they had a winner with this club and I have met a few other golfers that share that sentiment.

I am very close to dumping my Ping G for a Mini 1.5. Accuracy and fairways beats lack of confidence any day.

Funny issue with this for me. Off the tee it's nearly as long as my driver. Which creates a gap issue. I really like it, but am somewhat struggling to game it regularly

Just for fun I might play it as my driver sometime this week. My other issue is I have 2 drivers right now that I have compete confidence in

I hit this off the deck on four recent occasions. I thought I would have a bit of an issue getting it high enough to clear some trees.
No issue. 240 yd off the deck each time, one downhill shot went 290 yds, thru the green on a par 5.
Hit this on tight holes off the tee. No problem keeping it in play and having it be long enough - I kept up w my playing partner's drives all day.

I am still certainly a fan of this club. It gives me a chance to get close to a tricky 299 par 4 that requires a high fading shot (which has never been my forte) to get over some very tall pine trees. I previously played it with a 5 wood straight away and a SW or LW into the green. Also, it produced my longest drive ever today on a very tough driving hole with dense large trees on the right and hazard on the left of a very narrow fairway.

I am still certainly a fan of this club. It gives me a chance to get close to a tricky 299 par 4 that requires a high fading shot (which has never been my forte) to get over some very tall pine trees. I previously played it with a 5 wood straight away and a SW or LW into the green. Also, it produced my longest drive ever today on a very tough driving hole with dense large trees on the right and hazard on the left of a very narrow fairway.

It surely is a solid solid offering

I've finally had enough time with this club in the bag to truly understand how good it is. This club has added so much consistency off of the tee. In terms of Distance, I really don't believe I'm losing much playing this thing. We played in a benefit scramble today that I have play many times and this club has really helped our team dynamics. I was able to step up and put a good ball in play confidently and allow my teammates to play more aggressive off the tee.

Most impressive, Hole #4 is a nice downhill par 4 with a creek running across at 281yds from the tee we played. Decided to hit the Mini as we had a ball in play already and tried to see if I could hit it over the creek. Sure enough that sucker was sitting ther in the fairway with room to spare over the creek. Everyone in the group was very very impressed that the Bertha Mini could still launch the ball that far.

Met another player in the benefit on the range who was warming up with the Bertha Mini. I asked his thoughts on the club and he said "I love it! Straight and long. No reason to waste time on my driver!"

I'm sad to see that Callaway pulled the plug on this guy. I really think they had a winner with this club and I have met a few other golfers that share that sentiment.

Wow 280 yards carry you must have a swing speed of around 120mph and have it set to 11 degrees to get that sort of distance.

I keep pondering putting one of these back in the bag at the top, might just need to do that again!

I keep pondering putting one of these back in the bag at the top, might just need to do that again!

Awesome club for a slow swing spped player like myself I was lucky to get 220 meters out of my 12* Driver I'm getting 250 meters out of the 12* Mini and way more accurate.

Awesome club for a slow swing spped player like myself I was lucky to get 220 meters out of my 12* Driver I'm getting 250 meters out of the 12* Mini and way more accurate.

Probly a dumb question. But why is this better for you then a "regular" driver. I am probly a slower swing player too and have been thinking about a mini for a long time.
Glad you found a club you like!!

Wow 280 yards carry you must have a swing speed of around 120mph and have it set to 11 degrees to get that sort of distance.

Haha nope. 12* set up with 105mph swing speed. Hole plays downhill as i said. I'd say the drop is 80 ft. Here's the hole, we played the blue tees: http://redhotmediaproductions.info/addWebsites/goldhills/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/hole4.jpg

You can come along with me next time my group goes out to play and pace off my shots for me. Would save me all that time. Just send me a PM. I might even let you carry my clubs! :angel:

Probly a dumb question. But why is this better for you then a "regular" driver. I am probly a slower swing player too and have been thinking about a mini for a long time.
Glad you found a club you like!!

I just couldn't square the head of a driver through impact consistently for some reason but had no trouble with a 3 wood so I tried the Mini and it was awesome.

I just couldn't square the head of a driver through impact consistently for some reason but had no trouble with a 3 wood so I tried the Mini and it was awesome.

Nice. That's what I kind of figured. Definetly has me intrigued. I am around mid 90s with my swing and very sporadic with the driver.

Back