big-bertha-alpha-815-driver-sole-a-2014-L.jpg

Retail Date:
November 14, 2014
Pricing: $449.99
Availability: 9˚, 10.5˚, 12˚

Long Distance For Everyone Through Low Spin & Forgiveness

Product Intro:

big-bertha-alpha-815-driver-address-2014-L.jpg

The Big Bertha Alpha 815 ushers in a brand new driver category: low spin with forgiveness. Built from a deep lineup of our best materials, it doesn’t compromise. Instead of making you choose between the distance and performance that comes with low spin or the forgiveness you need to hit it straight, it gives you both in one club.

You get high speeds where you normally hit the ball thanks to the Gravity Core that helps lower CG. And we add to that low spin with RMOTO Technology for a lighter, thinner face that creates more efficient energy transfer, high ball speed and is also very forgiving with adjustability. The distance is there, the playability is there and all the multi-material technology makes this a performance driver that most golfers can and should play.

Features & Benefits

Max Distance From Lower Spin

- RMOTO: It saves weight that allows us to produce a larger, more forgiving clubhead while maintaining a lighter swing weight and lighter overall club weight from an ultra thin face.

- Gravity Core: This is what patented CG adjustability is all about. You can move the CG up or down with the Gravity Core, and optimize your ball speed locations to wherever you usually hit the ball off the face.

- Multi Material Construction: It has all the best driver technologies that we use for the lowest CG, forgiveness and a hot face.

big-bertha-alpha-815-driver-face-2014-L.jpg

Performance Lightweight Premium Shaft

A driver like this deserves a performance shaft to give you more speed. We put in a Fujikura 53g Speeder Motore 565 as the primary stock offering. We’ll offer no upcharge as well on most comprehensive list shaft offerings (see below*).

OptiFit Technology
- Callaway adjustability at its finest, with an adjustable hosel that lets you choose from a combination of 8 different loft (-1, S, +1, +2) and lie angle (Draw or Neutral) configurations.
- The adjustable heel and toe weights (1g and 7g) REALLY let you control your shot shape.

* No charge exotic premium shafts:
Mitsubishi Bassara 52
Matrix Ozik White Tie 50
Aldila Rogue 60
Matrix Ozik Black Tie 70
Fujikura 53g Speeder Motore 565
Fujikura Motore Speeder 665
Fujikura Motore Speeder 765
New Mitsubishi Diamana 62
Matrix Ozik Red Tie 60
Fubuki ZT 60
Fubuki Z 50
Aldila Tour Green
Mitsubishi Bassara 42

I have to say I was one of the few that didnt like the look of the last BBA, but this one I will run to the store to try

Here we go.

BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!!

I've been awaiting this one....low spin with forgiveness (which reminds me of my Bio Cell +). Then add in the great shaft offerings and I'm quite pleased. Hello Red Tie.

Can't wait to try this one out.

Really interested to see how this one compares side by side to the current Alpha.

I cannot see anything unseating my Big Bertha right now, and especially not for this Price Point.

I will try it out for sure though.

How could low spin with forgiveness not be on EVERYONES radar

Ok, this is the ticket. This one seems like it'll do exactly what I like in a driver. The current Alpha is quivering. Also, both models have great stock exotic shaft offerings.

• Staff
Here is some more info from Callaway.

5 Questions – Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver

1. What’s different about the Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver?

For starters, it ushers in a brand new driver category. It’s a low spin driver and automatically you’re probably thinking, “Okay, I like the distance from low driver spin, but forgiveness is probably out of the question.” Well that’s why Big Bertha Alpha 815 is a pioneer – it doesn’t compromise between the two.

Instead of making you choose between distance and performance from low spin or forgiveness, it’s changed the paradigm by giving you maximum distance from low spin AND forgiveness in one club.

2. Whoa, low spin with forgiveness! How did you do that?

Let’s start with our RMOTO technology. It’s new, it’s groundbreaking and it provides the structure to save weight and allow for an ultra thin face. Because of RMOTO, we can produce a larger, more forgiving clubhead while maintaining a lighter swing weight and a lighter overall club weight.

This face also maintains stability while elevating smash factor. So you get more efficient energy transfer, higher ball speed and forgiveness from a lighter, stable face.

3. RMOTO, got it. What else did you do to maximize distance from lower spin?

Big Bertha Alpha 815 has the Gravity Core that helps create our patented CG adjustability. You can move the CG height up or down, optimizing your ball speed locations to where you normally hit the ball on the face. With this setup, you can move the CG low (or high) without moving it forward. There’s the Forged Composite crown too that saves weight. The short story is this: we’ve used all our best driver technologies for a very, very low spinning driver that’s also very forgiving, with a hot face too.

4. Nice! I assume this driver has adjustability, correct?

You bet! The 7 gram and 1 gram weight ports allow you to set the driver to a neutral, draw or fade bias. And our OptiFit hosel provides 8 ways to adjust loft, lie and face angle. You can really control your shot shape with this driver.

5. You weren’t kidding, this driver is in its own category. Anything else we should know?

For the Big Bertha Alpha 815, the distance from low spin, playability and our multi-material technology make this a complete, uncompromisng driver that most golfers can and should play. It’s available online, including at callawaygolf.com, on 11/14 and is priced at $449.99, with 9°, 10.5° and 12° options.

We encourage you to connect with a fitter and find out if low spin with forgiveness in the Big Bertha Alpha 815 is the right pathway for you to achieve more distance.

Drooling over it already. I love it even more than the looks of the current alpha

This one is probably more up my alley than the double black. I like the simple crown with the alignment aid.

Hawk my brother, I did not need to see this!!! Damn looks like I know what I am buying myself for Christmas

Very cool. Too bad I just got the V-series. I will definitely try it out though.

I liked the original alpha, just never pulled the trigger, i'll have to hit this

It sounds like they built a driver specifically for me. Can't wait to give it a hit.

Here we go.

BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!!

I've been awaiting this one....low spin with forgiveness (which reminds me of my Bio Cell +). Then add in the great shaft offerings and I'm quite pleased. Hello Red Tie.

My thoughts exactly. Looking forward to giving this thing a few swings.

low spin and forgiveness, might as well just say "hey dcbrad, this is for you."

Here we go.

BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!!

That one and the Rogue have my attention

I cannot see anything unseating my Big Bertha right now, and especially not for this Price Point.

I will try it out for sure though.

Same here. Bertha is just so solid & consistent for me I'm not in the market, but this one with the shaft offerings will be heavily looked at.

This and the new Vapor. Must haves for me.

trying to decide on shafts. The tour green was the First Aldila shaft I got along with so I'm intrigued by the rogue 60, but the speeder 665 is also tempting.

I love options! Can't wait to see how it stacks up against Callaway's already great lineup!

Low spin and forgiveness sounds great. Will be interested in hearing some feedback on this one.

This might knock traditional Bertha out of my bag... need to get a fitting scheduled for November

Where does the 815 come from? Very interesting number there...

Sounds like the ticket! SLDR can get a big squirly when I do not have time to practice....forgiveness sounds great!

Back