Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid Preview

Anybody played these compared to the apex

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have hit both. Both are great clubs and do what they are designed to do. The 815 has a little larger footprint than the Apex. I enjoyed hitting both clubs but I found the 815 a little easier to hit.

Picked up a used 3H on a whim to see if I can use it as a 4I replacement during the colder months. If this thing plays as good as it feels in hand, I'll be set. Planning on cranking it up to 22 to start and dial it back down based on distance needed.

First round out with this one was interesting. I haven't gamed a hybrid in a while so it takes some getting used to as I have a bit of a steep swing. Results were pretty good though and I will say that it is super nice to have confidence in a club when you're looking at a 200-210 yard shot.

So after getting a few rounds in with this, I can now see what all the love is about. Hit a groove with this hybrid this weekend and it turned into a club I look forward to hitting. The stock shaft pairing with this one is just fantastic. If I start struggling with my 5I I could be in the market for another one of these.

I have one of the 20* and after not liking it with my first swings at the range I have really started enjoying this club. Hit the green from 185 out today with a slight breeze in my face.

Slots in perfectly between my VKTR and Heavenwood.

Easily my favorite hybrid. Ever. I have no plans on replacing the two I've had in my bag for nearly 2 seasons.

I play my 20° at 22° and it is just stupid with the HZRDUS Black. It's the only hybrid I've gotten along with!

I play my 20° at 22° and it is just stupid with the HZRDUS Black. It's the only hybrid I've gotten along with!

Rehashing an old thread, does anyone know if a shaft in this club can be swapped into a rogue? I am unsure if the adapter sleeves or whatever they are called are the same.

Rehashing an old thread, does anyone know if a shaft in this club can be swapped into a rogue? I am unsure if the adapter sleeves or whatever they are called are the same.

If it’s the Optifit sleeve it will still work!

The rouge isn’t adjustable, and the 815 alpha is. Shafts should be the same, but you’ll need the adapter pulled and then the shaft will be bonded into the rouge.

Back