Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrids focus on a more controlled, penetrating trajectory for better players, along with ball speed all across the face and loft and lie adjustability. The compact head shape also has less offset for a look that’s preferred by better players.

Available 1/16/15
Price $249

This will be my first must have of 2015.

I wonder if the 815 hybrid the intended replacement of the X2Hot hybrid.

I do like the adjustability of the 815. That's a nice feature.

I may try to get a few swings in with this one.

• Admin
I wonder if the 815 hybrid the intended replacement of the X2Hot hybrid.

I do like the adjustability of the 815. That's a nice feature.

I may try to get a few swings in with this one.

In my opinion and strictly my opinion, I would say closer to X2Hot Pro, but really standing on its own.
Lower ball flight for me than the X2Hot. The Big Bertha hybrids are closer to X2Hot and added adjustability.

Callaway designed a stunning hybrid with the 815. Looks good at address and seems very easy to hit.

uh oh looks like an expensive January

I've had limited experience with mine thus far but it's been a solid performer to this point. I'm gaming the 18* head tuned down to 17* to serve as a 2H with the Recoil shaft.

Head is definitely smaller than the BB hybrid but not too small (like the Adams Pro was for me). I've hit this well off both the deck and tee but I've been enjoying the 815 driver so much I just haven't hit this off the tee when I normally would/should.

I have gone to it for punch outs and really liked what I saw with being able to play a very low bullet that can scoot out there a ways.

Have a round scheduled for tomorrow and perhaps I can use some course management off the tee and use this when 350 or less!

good looking club but I just can't put my old Cleveland hybrids to bed. just too easy to hit. which is not a complaint or knock against Callaway...just helps me save $500 :act-up:

I've had limited experience with mine thus far but it's been a solid performer to this point. I'm gaming the 18* head tuned down to 17* to serve as a 2H with the Recoil shaft.

Head is definitely smaller than the BB hybrid but not too small (like the Adams Pro was for me). I've hit this well off both the deck and tee but I've been enjoying the 815 driver so much I just haven't hit this off the tee when I normally would/should.

I have gone to it for punch outs and really liked what I saw with being able to play a very low bullet that can scoot out there a ways.

Have a round scheduled for tomorrow and perhaps I can use some course management off the tee and use this when 350 or less!

More reason for me to visit! lol

It's a looker, I'm not big on the lower talk, for me, as I like high and soft in my hybo's. But I do wanna try it.

More reason for me to visit! lol

It's a looker, I'm not big on the lower talk, for me, as I like high and soft in my hybo's. But I do wanna try it.

I'll try to pay attention to trajectory tomorrow....I didn't see anything abnormally low by any means at all. I was just excited to hit a punch hybrid shot that stayed down very nicely............but with the 815 driver dialed in those punch out opportunities are dwindling. :angel:

I have never played hybrids but whenever new ones turn up I get more and more intrigued and these just look so good as well

Could be an expensive 2015....

I've been hitting my V-series fairway woods so well that I may actually pass up the 815 fairway woods. I sure wish I could demo a LH one for a while as I get so tired of having to buy LH clubs pretty much sight unseen.

I like that the adjustability is back with the hybrids. I like the profile & launch the X2Hot Pro provides so it will be interesting to hit this one and compare.

Very good looking hybrid.

Once I laid my eyes on these I've wanted it. My goodness, lower flight than X2Hot sounds pretty good to me!

looks very nice, anything that is easy to hit has my attention.

I waggled this a few weeks ago, would have swung it but the shaft was way too stiff for this guy. From a sizing and offset feels like it fits in between the X2Hot Pro and X2Hot (my perspective). As with the 815 FW I still want to see the X2Hot replacement, the feedback I've received on them is promising.

I was able to take a few swings with the 815 hybrid when I was being fitted and was really impressed. Really easy to hit and it left me wanting to hit it some more.

I've been hitting my V-series fairway woods so well that I may actually pass up the 815 fairway woods. I sure wish I could demo a LH one for a while as I get so tired of having to buy LH clubs pretty much sight unseen.

I had the V series driver and hit tbe BB 815 Driver loved it. Was able to trade on my V series under performance guarantee and bought the BB 815. The New BB series face is so much hotter then the V Series.

I can't wait to give this a swing!

Pretty sure I will be owing one of these this year. The adjustability is nice and can give me some good options to a bag setup without having to buy a ton of clubs. The wallet will be happy.

Nice looking! Adding adjustability to what I already play won't be enough to have me switch. If they play anything like my X2 Hot Pro hybrid, these will be incredible, though.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid Preview

I had the V series driver and hit tbe BB 815 Driver loved it. Was able to trade on my V series under performance guarantee and bought the BB 815. The New BB series face is so much hotter then the V Series.

I didn't see this at all on fairways/hybrids. I enjoyed hitting the 815 fairways and hybrids, but did not see a noticeable difference (distance wise) when hitting against the V Series or BB hybrid. IMO it's about what someone prefers. I like a little more forgiveness and a larger clubhead down by the ball. Callaway offers something for everyone.

This hybrid is good. Real good. One of my favorite clubs from The Granddaddy.

I have the 20* playing at 19* and it's the perfect club between my 3w and 4i.

Super easy to hit in my opinion.

Would love to see a side by side comparison between the X2Hot Pro hybrid and this hybrid. I wish the head size on the X2Hot Pro was a little bigger, so this one may be attractive to me.

Back