Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

Shaft changed, and in the bag.

Tomorrow it gets a workout to see if it can truly keep the F7 out of the bag.

So, couple of weeks with the V-Series back in hand and its a club that just wrecks my head with how it works. Not only is there comfort here for me having played it in the past, more than that though I believe this is STILL the best sounding/feeling out of the HW's they have released, though I haven't hit the Steelhead version. On that topic, I don't know that I will now either as seeing the depth of that line, I think part of why this one works as well as it does is the more slight face depth. Been a lot of intrigue and fun so far with the Graphite Design AD-TP8X in it.

I really want one, but the stock shaft is a no go for me, I don't get along with light shafts. Need to keep my eyes open for one with something else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm excited. More excited to hit it side by side with the GBB HW and the F7 to get hard #'s though.

James what advantage does the V series have over the GGB HW?

I got a chance to play Friday (last nice day of the season it looks like) - the last day that Peek'n Peak Upper Course was open. The V series Heavenwood continues to be such a clutch club for me & I have such confidence in it. 18th hole was the best example: 168 yards into a stiff wind, and the green is on a hill. For some reason, this club is extremely easy to hit draws. I set up, aim a bit right, and a nice smooth swing lands the ball pin high & rolls out to the back edge.

I think I've hit more greens from 170+ yards since I got this club than all my other years of golfing combined. I just feel like a real golfer swinging this club.

Back