Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Chrome Soft is brand new and Callaway has dubbed it the ball that changed the ball. Click here to find out what makes the ball unique.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-chrome-soft-golf-ball-review/

THPers were some of the first to get to put these in play back at the Gauntlet and then again at the Grandaddy THP Events. This thread will serve as host for all reviews.

What's the price look like? Also will this be replacing the Supersofts?

Sounds like an FG Tour. If it comes in cheaper it could land Callaway balls a spot back in the bag.

Hm, I'd like to see how these compare to the Bridgestone RX. Looks interesting.

Hm, I'd like to see how these compare to the Bridgestone RX. Looks interesting.

My thoughts exactly, can't wait to see what those who have played them already have to say about them

Looks like I got a new ball to try!!

And I can't wait to hear more about these. Yet find it funny that about a month ago I bought a box of 100 used Callaway balls and I did get a few of these in there. And here I was wondering why I had never heard of the chrome soft before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the compression of the 330 RX's. These sound like a very similar ball.

I can, and will, say more later, but if this were to be the only ball available to play for eternity, I'd be quite happy.
They are very good.
Very.

What is the compression of the 330 RX's. These sound like a very similar ball.

From what I've seen, it's rated at 66 or 68, depending on the test used. Don't know how they gather that, but it seems accurate.

This ball is right up my alley. I love the feel of a softer ball - I play the QStar now - but would love to play something with a urethane cover, especially in drier parts of the summer. I really liked the original Hex Chrome, and this looks like it might be a bit softer version of that ball. If it is, I'll be happy.

What's the price look like? Also will this be replacing the Supersofts?

At the Gauntlet ScottyG told me these would be priced between the SS and SR line. I believe he said around $32

At the Gauntlet ScottyG told me these would be priced between the SS and SR line. I believe he said around $32

I believe the price is actually going to be around $38

One of the things I want to mention is durability. One of my biggest issues with urethane covered balls as a whole is the durability and while they have improved some of the balls out there are just not as durable as others. The Chrome Soft is one of (if not the) most durable tour level/premium balls I have ever tested. At the Grandaddy event, I watched balls hit off just about everything and keep ticking.

I played one ball for 12 holes one day and it looked as good as new after wiping the grass stains off. Thoroughly impressed with how the ball holds up and is better than most I have tried in the category.

More coming soon.

I believe the price is actually going to be around $38

under $40 is an awesome price for these really good golf balls

One of the things I want to mention is durability. One of my biggest issues with urethane covered balls as a whole is the durability and while they have improved some of the balls out there are just not as durable as others. The Chrome Soft is one of (if not the) most durable tour level/premium balls I have ever tested. At the Grandaddy event, I watched balls hit off just about everything and keep ticking.

I played one ball for 12 holes one day and it looked as good as new after wiping the grass stains off. Thoroughly impressed with how the ball holds up and is better than most I have tried in the category.

More coming soon.

This is what I wanted to hear! thank you thank you thank you

Very intrigued by this ball, it sounds like it has all of the characteristics of becoming my 2015 gamer

These new balls sound amazing! Can't wait to give them a try.

I'll have to give these a try when I can get weather to play in, sounds like it could take the place of by Nike Vapor Black.

I'll definitely be giving these a shot

I'll be very interested to give these a shot. I am not a fan of the SS, almost entirely due to it's performance into and around greens. Sounds like this ball may be a huge improvement over that.

This is an interesting ball.

I've always thought that lower compression balls ultimately reduced distances for higher SS golfers. I'm interested to see how the fast core concept performs.

I'll need to get my hands on some of these.

Any idea on price point yet?

Back