Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Soooo. I've been testing the Tour BX out and it's been pretty good for me but I threw a session of the CSX on the Trackman today and my ball speed was up and dispersion just a hair better... So my question is, which of the new balls does the CSX translate to? If "translate" is the right word...
I was coming to ask kind of the same question.

Played the CSX, didn’t think the CTX translated well. Curious what others say though or if anyone went CSX -> CT

I feel like the CTX is the ball that is good off the tee but has enough spin off long irons, hybrids, to get the ball up in the air. I've mentioned the cover on the CTX held up better for me than the CT, but I also like the spin off the irons better.

Don't forget about the sale of buy 4 for the price of 3 at www.Callawaygolf.com I just picked up what should be the majority of my season of golf balls for well below what I would pay for them on their own.

I was coming to ask kind of the same question.

Played the CSX, didn’t think the CTX translated well. Curious what others say though or if anyone went CSX -> CT

CT passed the eyeball test on course but I like the CSX more... Maybe I'll try and get the CT on the sim and see... Or just load up on CSX?

Tell me why :)
Hi @Muchmore . Hope all is well. I have been a CSXLS loyalist for a long time now and with the add of Tru Track, it just cemented it further with me. I still love the ball (I just bought 4 dz like a couple weeks ago because I thought this was where I would be again this year). Still love it and will play the balls I bought too.

However, I had to try the CTX so I bought a dz. My goodness, for me it's long, like really long of the woods and super consistent with irons. Im not a robot, but in testing against the CSXLS, it's longer for me. Hard to put yardages on my claims, but I want seeing some spots on the fairways that I hadn't seen before - even in Summer time.

Obviously, time will tell, but I am not sure I need anymore time to know this ball is probably staying as the gamer for 24' for me. Also, around the greens it has more spin vs CSXLS which is the way it supposed to be. I couldn't find anything I didnt like about the CTX. Now id we can get the USA flags in Tru Track on the CTX, that is a guaranteed credit card transaction. (y)

Hi @Muchmore . Hope all is well. I have been a CSXLS loyalist for a long time now and with the add of Tru Track, it just cemented it further with me. I still love the ball (I just bought 4 dz like a couple weeks ago because I thought this was where I would be again this year). Still love it and will play the balls I bought too.

However, I had to try the CTX so I bought a dz. My goodness, for me it's long, like really long of the woods and super consistent with irons. Im not a robot, but in testing against the CSXLS, it's longer for me. Hard to put yardages on my claims, but I want seeing some spots on the fairways that I hadn't seen before - even in Summer time.

Obviously, time will tell, but I am not sure I need anymore time to know this ball is probably staying as the gamer for 24' for me. Also, around the greens it has more spin vs CSXLS which is the way it supposed to be. I couldn't find anything I didnt like about the CTX. Now id we can get the USA flags in Tru Track on the CTX, that is a guaranteed credit card transaction. (y)
Awesome! Love to hear it!

CTX certainly feels stable to me. Like minimal ballooning into a strong wind for how much spin it has.

I hope to try the new CT and CS balls out as the weather warms up. If I didn't have such a big stock pile of prior gen CS balls, I would have already ordered some. 😅

I was really leaning towards the CTX based on my CSX experience, but I am really warming up to the CT as I read more and more feedback about it.

As I longtime Truvis fan, I'll likely go with TruTrack (probably yellow if they are in stock by time I order) since I haven't given tried them yet.

I'm going to wreck these balls hitting them constantly indoors (happens to every ball btw - screens are hard on balls, as are 100's and 100's of shot), but I'll damned if I can put them away for eventual use on the course. I just like everything about them - sound, feel, performance. Still prefer the CTX by a bit, but could be happy with either based on indoor use. Very excited to eventually see how they perform outdoors.

I'm going to wreck these balls hitting them constantly indoors (happens to every ball btw - screens are hard on balls, as are 100's and 100's of shot), but I'll damned if I can put them away for eventual use on the course. I just like everything about them - sound, feel, performance. Still prefer the CTX by a bit, but could be happy with either based on indoor use. Very excited to eventually see how they perform outdoors.
I look forward to seeing on a course that is not in the current wet spring conditions. But I'm with you there is so much to like about this lineup. I've kind of leaned more back to the Chrome Tour from the X, but part of that is because I was enjoying the Condor so much and the CT matches that ball more closely than the CTX does. Both are just silly good in so many ways and I've said it before, CT is the fastest ball I've hit this year.

I look forward to seeing on a course that is not in the current wet spring conditions. But I'm with you there is so much to like about this lineup. I've kind of leaned more back to the Chrome Tour from the X, but part of that is because I was enjoying the Condor so much and the CT matches that ball more closely than the CTX does. Both are just silly good in so many ways and I've said it before, CT is the fastest ball I've hit this year.
That's the only thing. I'm not sure we need much more speed.

That's the only thing. I'm not sure we need much more speed.
we were central figures in the USGA's rollback decision process.

Ive gotta say. "IN HAND" these new chrome tour X feel different. In a good way. Now i just need the snow to clear....like for good

Ive gotta say. "IN HAND" these new chrome tour X feel different. In a good way. Now i just need the snow to clear....like for good
amen to that. Im excited to get the CT out on the course

Ohhhh boy. I'm going to have some fun this year trying to figure out what ball is for me. Might come down to what they can do around the green but that won't be settled for a little while with how shaggy they still are around here. So let's get in to other things I saw last night using the CT and CTX!

I was essentially comparing two things yesterday since I can't really figure out greenside play yet. What I was seeing off of driver and what I was seeing off of irons. Off of driver, both balls flew pretty similarly. Both had drives over 300 and both had the same fairway stats. What I was a little shocked by is how close they felt to each other. I've spoken about it on the putter saying that I think the X actually feels softer there. Well the CT is softer off the driver, but not enough that you ask me to tell you blindly which one is which. I love that. Essentially a tie but CT had the best drive of the day overall.

Off the irons, the difference was purely in flight and it was highlighted by a 210 shot with my 5i that @Bus can attest to. I was playing new irons so instead of going for the green with my driving iron, I put both balls down and hit my 5i knowing I'd come up a tad short. First up was the CT and it was a perfect fading lower launching bullet. More the flight and window I'm used to seeing regardless of ball. Next up was the CTX and oh my. Another perfect shot but the launch was a thing of beauty. Higher than I'm used to. Not ballooning or anything, but I've always been a lower launcher of that ball throughout the bag so this was something I'd rarely seen before and I LOVED it. The wind was blowing a bit and it looked like it didn't even touch it. Both balls ended up within a yard of each other but did it in completely different ways. I wish I could have seen the landing area just to see how far they actually carried.

The rest of the night saw the same thing with irons and wedges. Bit higher launch with the X but still going exactly how far I wanted it to. I'd have to give the X the advantage based clearly on how cool it was for me lol but the CT obviously was performing exactly how it's supposed to. I've never actually seen such a noticeable difference like that before.

I'm guessing my choice will come down to green play for me but it will still be a bit before I will see that take shape. As of now, you could hand me either of these and I'd be perfectly content to play them. This is going to be a fun year!

Ohhhh boy. I'm going to have some fun this year trying to figure out what ball is for me. Might come down to what they can do around the green but that won't be settled for a little while with how shaggy they still are around here. So let's get in to other things I saw last night using the CT and CTX!

I was essentially comparing two things yesterday since I can't really figure out greenside play yet. What I was seeing off of driver and what I was seeing off of irons. Off of driver, both balls flew pretty similarly. Both had drives over 300 and both had the same fairway stats. What I was a little shocked by is how close they felt to each other. I've spoken about it on the putter saying that I think the X actually feels softer there. Well the CT is softer off the driver, but not enough that you ask me to tell you blindly which one is which. I love that. Essentially a tie but CT had the best drive of the day overall.

Off the irons, the difference was purely in flight and it was highlighted by a 210 shot with my 5i that @Bus can attest to. I was playing new irons so instead of going for the green with my driving iron, I put both balls down and hit my 5i knowing I'd come up a tad short. First up was the CT and it was a perfect fading lower launching bullet. More the flight and window I'm used to seeing regardless of ball. Next up was the CTX and oh my. Another perfect shot but the launch was a thing of beauty. Higher than I'm used to. Not ballooning or anything, but I've always been a lower launcher of that ball throughout the bag so this was something I'd rarely seen before and I LOVED it. The wind was blowing a bit and it looked like it didn't even touch it. Both balls ended up within a yard of each other but did it in completely different ways. I wish I could have seen the landing area just to see how far they actually carried.

The rest of the night saw the same thing with irons and wedges. Bit higher launch with the X but still going exactly how far I wanted it to. I'd have to give the X the advantage based clearly on how cool it was for me lol but the CT obviously was performing exactly how it's supposed to. I've never actually seen such a noticeable difference like that before.

I'm guessing my choice will come down to green play for me but it will still be a bit before I will see that take shape. As of now, you could hand me either of these and I'd be perfectly content to play them. This is going to be a fun year!
The shot you're taking about was crazy how different it launched, I could see I clear as fast standing 50ish yds down the fairway and to the side. That said, I noticed the difference consistently when you'd hit both of them, much more dramatically than I would have expected.

The shot you're taking about was crazy how different it launched, I could see I clear as fast standing 50ish yds down the fairway and to the side. That said, I noticed the difference consistently when you'd hit both of them, much more dramatically than I would have expected.
Yeah I remember asking you if you saw the difference from where you were. I'm a decent player, but the only difference I usually see in balls is feel and greenside. Launch hasn't really ever been a differentiator FOR ME. It was pretty cool seeing it and having someone else confirm it last night

Guys i've talked to that say the CTX feels softer off putter...i believe are feeling the cover more in it. where as full swing one really can feel the core softness in the CT. I hear a more muted sound with teh CT over CTX when I putt with my AiOne Milled. I equate that to a "softer ball". But i'm not "feeling it" in my hands. Im sound over feel in that situation.

As for the wind performance......the more you play the CT and CTX outside you're going to see the new seamless aero is not marketing. it's a great ball in limited the impact of wind.

Back