Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I wish the Chrome Tour would stop being so dang good.
Not really, but it’s silly how stable and awesome this ball is

I wish the Chrome Tour would stop being so dang good.
Not really, but it’s silly how stable and awesome this ball is

I feel the same way. Callaway really out did themselves with this ball for me.

I have a sleeve of Chrome Tour I have been putting against my current ball, the Chrome Soft X LS. Slightly less audible feedback, but the feel off the face of the putter is almost identical. Picking up a dz. Chrome Tour tomorrow and will work them into the mix as the Chrome Soft X LS I have left over goes into the short game practice shag tube. See only the Chrome Tour Triple Track for the B3G1 specials. Will Callaway offer the B3G1 on the plain white Chrome Tour? Anyone?

I have those also... but I was like I will end up using all these eventually, so why not get a dozen free.
Whoops I meant boxes. Love to see you guys buying so much product!

I have a sleeve of Chrome Tour I have been putting against my current ball, the Chrome Soft X LS. Slightly less audible feedback, but the feel off the face of the putter is almost identical. Picking up a dz. Chrome Tour tomorrow and will work them into the mix as the Chrome Soft X LS I have left over goes into the short game practice shag tube. See only the Chrome Tour Triple Track for the B3G1 specials. Will Callaway offer the B3G1 on the plain white Chrome Tour? Anyone?
What are your thoughts on the feel off the irons?

Not sure if they will do the same offer for the plain white. I would have gone for the plain white option instead if available. I don't mind the triple track, I just think the plain white looks really good with the updates they made.

Let’s give this one a try on course today.
IMG_9277.jpeg

@Parrot fresh glove 😜

Not a bad way to start it. That thing was a bullet.
1711118069296.png

I went out yesterday for 9 holes with the triple track CTX. I have to say I've never been a line on the putter guy. But I took out the Chrome Tour X triple track with my new putter. Odyssey Ai Jailbird. I tried each hole to use the triple track. It freaking worked! I haven't putted that well in a few months. I've stated in previous posts here why I prefer the CTX over the CT, but now I'm getting converted to triple track on the CTX. I putted right on the desired line every time with the pairing yesterday. Now......I just have to read the green better

Let’s give this one a try on course today.
View attachment 9250648

@Parrot fresh glove 😜

Not a bad way to start it. That thing was a bullet.
View attachment 9250649
Season 7 Showtime GIF by Ray Donovan

Plain white

Last edited:
I went out yesterday for 9 holes with the triple track CTX. I have to say I've never been a line on the putter guy. But I took out the Chrome Tour X triple track with my new putter. Odyssey Ai Jailbird. I tried each hole to use the triple track. It freaking worked! I haven't putted that well in a few months. I've stated in previous posts here why I prefer the CTX over the CT, but now I'm getting converted to triple track on the CTX. I putted right on the desired line every time with the pairing yesterday. Now......I just have to read the green better
That is awesome to hear! When i went out for 9 holes last Saturday I noticed the same thing.. I was hitting my desired line on all my putts... when I missed it was just a miss read or ending up just short.

CT performed admirably today. I was getting a low and penetrating ball flight with CT off-driver hit some big ones. It was nice because as of late I've been launching driver in a higher window than I'd like with the BX and TP5x. The lower more penetrating ball flight was able to produce a small amount of rollout even on the still mushy fairways.

It also performed well with irons. Ball flight was good and stopping power on the greens was as good as any other premium ball I've tested this year. Short game is where it started failing for me. I don't feel like I have as much control with CT as I do with some of the other premium balls I've tested.

I also do not enjoy the feel of CT either. I think this has more to do with me playing a lot of firmer X offerings over the past 6 months and because of that I'm more used to that firmer feel and don't enjoy the softer feel the CT has to offer.

I'd like to try the CTX next as I think it might give me what I'm looking for with feel as well as the action I want around the greens.

If I can find some test sleeves of CTX I'll give them a go. I'm not willing to commit to a full box at this point.

I need to hurry and get through my CSX-LS balls to move into the Chrome Tour. It is my next ball after testing

I need to hurry and get through my CSX-LS balls to move into the Chrome Tour. It is my next ball after testing
I'm completely interchangeable between the CS and CT. I bought CS on the B3G1 deal, but it could have just as easily been CT. There are minor things I like better about each of them, but none of them are deal breakers either way.

I also bought a dozen CS TruTrack, and now that I've played them my only wish is that I'd bought TruTrack on the B3G1 deal. I like them a lot better than Triple Track.

So just finished up a round on the SIM and I love seeing how the CT reacts on the green. So most are probably saying yeah it’s simulation and does the ball really react like that on greens, and my response is they absolutely do. The greens here in Florida are firm already and what I’ve noticed so far from the CT in 2023 has me excited for the remainder of the year.

Played Sawgrass and those who know 17 know the green slopes hard right towards the back right of the green. As soon as I hit it I knew it might be trouble, but lone behold the CT kept me on the putting surface with a chance at birdie.

View attachment 46C9B7E2-C622-4BD0-87FE-74D08D6B1B81.mov

So just finished up a round on the SIM and I love seeing how the CT reacts on the green. So most are probably saying yeah it’s simulation and does the ball really react like that on greens, and my response is they absolutely do. The greens here in Florida are firm already and what I’ve noticed so far from the CT in 2023 has me excited for the remainder of the year.

Played Sawgrass and those who know 17 know the green slopes hard right towards the back right of the green. As soon as I hit it I knew it might be trouble, but lone behold the CT kept me on the putting surface with a chance at birdie.

View attachment 9250717

Not gonna be a super fun putt, though. :)

Not gonna be a super fun putt, though. :)
Left it 5’ short and needed some backspin from the CT on the next because it hit the cup popped up in the air and sat on the back edge. I was robbed!!!

CT performed admirably today. I was getting a low and penetrating ball flight with CT off-driver hit some big ones. It was nice because as of late I've been launching driver in a higher window than I'd like with the BX and TP5x. The lower more penetrating ball flight was able to produce a small amount of rollout even on the still mushy fairways.

It also performed well with irons. Ball flight was good and stopping power on the greens was as good as any other premium ball I've tested this year. Short game is where it started failing for me. I don't feel like I have as much control with CT as I do with some of the other premium balls I've tested.

I also do not enjoy the feel of CT either. I think this has more to do with me playing a lot of firmer X offerings over the past 6 months and because of that I'm more used to that firmer feel and don't enjoy the softer feel the CT has to offer.

I'd like to try the CTX next as I think it might give me what I'm looking for with feel as well as the action I want around the greens.

If I can find some test sleeves of CTX I'll give them a go. I'm not willing to commit to a full box at this point.
CTX definitely sounds like the better option for your wants.

CTX definitely sounds like the better option for your wants.
Yep, I think so too. I just had a 2 ball test sleeve of CT a friend sent me so I gave those a go first. CT does a lot of things great. I'll be trying out CTX at some point for sure.

Yep, I think so too. I just had a 2 ball test sleeve of CT a friend sent me so I gave those a go first. CT does a lot of things great. I'll be trying out CTX at some point for sure.
Firm (though interestingly, not ultra firm in short game and putting) and spins a ton off a wedge for me. Worth a try for sure.

Great summary. I think the Jailbird is contributing to your successful putting as well. I love that putter. We need to meet up and play.

I used the CT for my round today. It was breezy again. The ball is so stable. I am using a White Hot Ai insert putter and the combination of that insert with the CT is a very pleasing feel off of the putter.

My issue now is that I am torn between CT and CTX. They both offer advantages, but I really want to settle into one ball for the year.

Another day giving the CTX a chance. It is just so erratic and shorter compared to the CSX. It's crazy what I'm seeing vs what most are seeing around here.

Another day giving the CTX a chance. It is just so erratic and shorter compared to the CSX. It's crazy what I'm seeing vs what most are seeing around here.
This is truly puzzling to me. Do you think it is a mental block?

Back