Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

So I finally took my Epic SZ onto the course (Industry Hills Babe) and I have to concur with the previous reviews - mishits are loooonnnnggg especially thin shots. Not only are they long but they are accurate. My heel cut miss was a winner. While I do prefer the look of the Rogue SZ, the Epic Flash is definitely a step up in performance.
I've found the Flash to be quite friendly to misses up and down the face. I'm also finding the heel side to be a little more explosive than the toe side.

I caught a drive out on the toe enough that I felt the driver head twist a bit and I could hear the difference in sound. I almost dropped the club because I knew it would be a terrible drive. To my absolute shock it was the prettiest draw of the day. Curved about 15yds and back to left of the fairway. No loss in distance. Unbelievable!

Fun day on the simulator today! Not sure how accurate the monitor was, but seeing driver SS in 110-115 range and hit a few with 285+ carry. Granted it’s not a real course and I don’t think the thing was “juiced”but still fun to hit it on the screws. Felt like the harder I hit it the better everything cooperated. Even my dad was throwing a few 260-270 today.

Those were some big boy swings!

I've found the Flash to be quite friendly to misses up and down the face. I'm also finding the heel side to be a little more explosive than the toe side.

This is exactly how I feel. This is easily the most forgiving driver I've used in regard to heel side hits but the toe side isn't quite as impressive. Still good though.

I caught a drive out on the toe enough that I felt the driver head twist a bit and I could hear the difference in sound. I almost dropped the club because I knew it would be a terrible drive. To my absolute shock it was the prettiest draw of the day. Curved about 15yds and back to left of the fairway. No loss in distance. Unbelievable!
that is a great feeling, right!

I just bought a used Epic Flash today with the green EF 6.0 shaft. Its a 9* but I’ll more than likely set it up to 10*. I cant wait to get it out on the course!

Callaway Rogue Atmos red 6s shaft
Callaway Rogue 5w Even Flow blue 75 reg flex shaft
Ping G400 7 wood Tensei orange 50g reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G400 4 Crossover Alta CB Reg flex shaft
Ping G700 Red dot 5-UW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping G700 Red dot GW,SW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping Glide 2.0 Red dot 58* LW Steelfiber i95 reg flex shaft
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

Mavrik is better... trust me

In a nice groove with the EF and Helium Proto combo right now and it’s fuuuuuun!

Flash vs. Mavrik! I think I'll have to go with Flash purely from a cost standpoint! Maybe Mavrik next year!

I never gave these a chance although I liked when I demoed the sub zero..my course now has Top Tracer and one of the games is Longest Drive. Ive been stuck at 320yds and max ball speed of 164

Guy next to me was pretty cool and wanted to hit my m5 so I hit his sub zero. My 2nd swing I had 168 ball speed and 331 yards. I didnt want to give him the driver back!!

I now have a super hybrid and flash hybrid so maybe when these go on sale ill pick one up

Mavrik is better... trust me
I have the Rogue with an Atmos Blue shaft. Really like this combination. I was able to take a demo Epic Flash out on my home course one night and try it against the Rogue with the Atmos Bllue shaft in it. It was a nice driver and i liked it but i didnt find for me at least any gains or better performance than the Rogue . If i didnt have and love the Rogue i would definitely have gotten the Epic Flash but i just didnt see any noticeable gains and using it on my home course if it happened i would have. Looking forward to giving the Mavrk a try and also anxiously awaiting the day you guys can talk about it.

I have the Rogue with an Atmos Blue shaft. Really like this combination. I was able to take a demo Epic Flash out on my home course one night and try it against the Rogue with the Atmos Bllue shaft in it. It was a nice driver and i liked it but i didnt find for me at least any gains or better performance than the Rogue . If i didnt have and love the Rogue i would definitely have gotten the Epic Flash but i just didnt see any noticeable gains and using it on my home course if it happened i would have. Looking forward to giving the Mavrk a try and also anxiously awaiting the day you guys can talk about it.

Your experience was the same as many. If it didnt "wow" you or give you tangible benefits, playing what your comfortable with makes sense. I think the Mavrik line will surprise many who loved the Rogue and those who loved the Epic Flash (myself included)

Check out the Mavrik thread here - https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...e-callaway-mavrik-driver.8910594/post-9051160

Just purchase Epic Flash in 12*.
Currently gaming G400 LST 10*. Played it since it came out. I want to experiment higher launch and hope EF doesn’t spin too much.
I probably lower it to 11* and hopefully it doesn’t spin too much. I could use tad more launch and spin compare to G400.
I have two EF fairway wood and it’s one of the best I played. Flash face and Jailbreak must be working. Hopefully driver can deliver what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't played in a while, but got to walk 18 today. Beautiful course I've played with a couple THPers (Different occasions) - @arydolphin @jim54 Reason I'm tagging them is they can attest, the fairways are fairly wide but if you stray in either direction the ball is probably gone. Well, no penalties/lost balls driving today with the EF. Did lose a couple from poor iron swings, but in this course hitting fairways rewards you greatly. Managed a good score and it was pretty much all due to driver and some good wedge shots. I put some bad swings on driver too, and was at most a club back from what an ideal hit would have garnered.

Had an unusual (for me) Right to left flight going on, but I don't think it was dramatic to warrant change. If I do loft it down a little would be more out of curiosity. Release season is nearing and I still couldn't be happier with the EF. Will probably sit this year out (and I've changed early in the season the last 3 years).

On a cold, wet, windy day...my SZ driver was excellent. I was all over the face and the driver is just so forgiving. Distances were solid, a little hard to judge because there was zero roll and the weather was challenging. I know there's a lot of excitement about the new release that is coming, but I'm still loving this driver.

My driver Sub Zero EF, Just continues to amaze me. Was kind of stagnant with a setting that I was thinking in my mind it was good for me but it was causing more hooks during rounds, talking with @ArmyGolf he mentioned about dropping his down to -1 and then sliding the weight end to the heel because he was fighting the same thing with the lefts. I thought what the heck I’m gonna give it a try got to take it out this week when the weather change 55° in Iowa. Reduce the loft from 10 1/2° to 9 1/2°, I move the slider just a little bit between center and the lowest part of the heel. First couple holes took some getting used to on where to aim it, But after a few holes I started stripe in it with a baby butter cut maybe 2 to 5 yards and a lot of them just straight up the gut. I told the guys I have not played a lofted Driver that low in probably over 10 years. And a few of them were just pounded drives were a couple guys in the group just looked at me and said what the heck. LOL can’t wait for spring to get here to keep playing around but the epic flash is a beast when sat right.

First time out with EF on course. Weather was tad chilly 60* with haze.
EF was set to 11*
Ball launch angle is noticeably higher compare to G400 LST @10*. Pretty much expected.
I drove pretty usual. Most hit fairway with few solid hits.
My impression mostly what I kind a expected.
Longest drive is not as long as G400. Maybe around than 10yds or so.
What I have notice is my not so good drive is little better with EF. Few thin hits produce better results with with EF.
I hit one push with open face and it went sky high like 7 iron and I only lost 25yds compare to my longest drive. Still stayed near fairway. I still like the sound from G400.
As long as I keep the face square EF should produce good result. Not sure about spin number but looking at the ball flight. It looks good. Higher loft definitely more forgiving.
Effortless launching head than G400.
Will see how it turns out when weather gets warmer. I feel positive that I am on right direction with 11*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping these drivers come down in price soon so I can grab a SubZero

I've never had a better pairing than this SZ head and this @UST Mamiya Attas Coool 7X. I was hitting near summer distances in 55* weather with the course so wet it was CPO. One par 4, that plays 290 to the green, I had 20 yds to the edge of the green and the starter stopped to comment on my drive. ?

I've never had a better pairing than this SZ head and this @UST Mamiya Attas Coool 7X. I was hitting near summer distances in 55* weather with the course so wet it was CPO. One par 4, that plays 290 to the green, I had 20 yds to the edge of the green and the starter stopped to comment on my drive. ?

I still love my SZ....probably the best driver I’ve owned...it has yielded...wait for it...Epic drives

I still love my SZ....probably the best driver I’ve owned...it has yielded...wait for it...Epic drives
I'm just glad it's maintained its structural integrity against your hulk smash swings. ?

I'm just glad it's maintained its structural integrity against your hulk smash swings. ?

I’m slowing down...creaky back. The adapters are another story.

The SZ has been the most consistent driver I’ve owned in several years.

Back