Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid

I think it's pretty much a given that I'll end up with one of these at some point. I freaking love hybrids and Callaway does them better than anyone else IMO.

Same here. I think a hybrid will make the bag and put the 5i on the shelf for a bit.

Great write-up James. They look a little deeper from face to back of the head to the only hybrids I have had any success with (orginal Apex and Hogan VKTR) but certainly don't look anywhere near a FW. The tech packed is these sounds amazing.

Really, really like the shape and design on this one. Having a slightly bigger face will grab more folks that do not like the smaller designs of previous hybrids out there. This is a great addition to the already outstanding Epic Flash Family!

I have never played hybrids. These I would like to try, I have to set aside my preconceived notion of hybrids being to heavy for me.

I think you may have the opportunity to try these out soon!

I forgot to mention, the shape of these is PERFECT!!! Ugh I'm in love.

That is a much more appealing shape than the original Epic in my opinion. I would venture to say that this will be a bomber.

glad I bought an Epic hybrid from Callaway Preowned, will probably be sending it back and picking up one of these to test out....

I like this picture.

WEB2694112-877E0FEF-FF1A-0DF8-E82A-65D14F6D3C30.jpg

I’ve said it before but my biggest complaint about Callaway hybrids has been the narrow crown and body. It just doesn’t give me confidence for some reason. This steers away from that and looks more like a wood than a hybrid - I love that. Well done Callaway.

So how many days till the granddaddy again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would love to go driver->fw->low lofted launcher hybrid like ef->iron like hybrid like apex->irons. i could definitely see this epic flash hybrid in like a 2 or 3 hybrid launch being my par 5 club.

Thank you THP and Jman for the outstanding reviews of the new offerings from Callaway. It is refreshing to read honest and thoughtful reviews. Jman's passion leaps off the pages.

Get in my bag.

i would love to go driver->fw->low lofted launcher hybrid like ef->iron like hybrid like apex->irons. i could definitely see this epic flash hybrid in like a 2 or 3 hybrid launch being my par 5 club.

I even wrote in my thread that I might be doing away with a hybrid for a 5-wood or a utility....I’ll have to agree with you now in that I’m thinking I might end up with 2 haha

Released just as I'm thinking about changing the woods in my bag to either a driving iron or low hybrid.... hmmmmm

I am going to try this for sure. I was kicking around getting a 3 hybrid anyway. I really like how they look.

Thank you THP and Jman for the outstanding reviews of the new offerings from Callaway. It is refreshing to read honest and thoughtful reviews. Jman's passion leaps off the pages.

Thank you!!!!

I’ve said it before but my biggest complaint about Callaway hybrids has been the narrow crown and body. It just doesn’t give me confidence for some reason. This steers away from that and looks more like a wood than a hybrid - I love that. Well done Callaway.

So how many days till the granddaddy again??

I'm exactly the opposite in terms of shape - I love the narrow look for a hybrid. But man, after reading about all that tech, I might not even care that much about the shape. This looks like it could slot really nicely into that 2/3-hy/5w kind of slot for me.

Awesome review as usual Jman. Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

He always knocks it out of the park.

That is kind of you : )
I look forward to your thoughts when these hit stores.

:laughing::laughing:

tenor.gif

Nice write-up! I really am looking forward to seeing look from address compared to the Apex 19 hybos. Might have to get a hybrid fitting soon to see if I can be more consistent with these over the Apexes.

Really want to bump this one as well, because there is a WHOLE LOT going on here.

The 90g MIM’ed weight weighs as much as the rest of the head for crying out loud.

I'm exactly the opposite in terms of shape - I love the narrow look for a hybrid. But man, after reading about all that tech, I might not even care that much about the shape. This looks like it could slot really nicely into that 2/3-hy/5w kind of slot for me.

Yea there’s so many guys who swear by the shape of the typical Callaway hybrids prior to this one. And they don’t seem to be moving away from that shape either with the Apex, BB, and rogue but I’m happy to see a bit of expansion in that area.

No way my G410 Hybrids are leaving the bag, but these do look nice.

Back