Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Ok, how many others are seeing all these fantastic custom beauties and are now thinking hmmm maybe I need a new driver too?

Oh, gosh, Callaway says I'll get the Custom Speed and Max tomorrow.

They are shoving drivers out of Mexico...:D

Spent two hours on a trackman session today with the Max LS.

Things I learned today
- balls go far
- balls go straight
- 1.52 smash factor is achievable
- it's possible to average 1.49 smash factor
- the effective hitable face on this is roughly equivalent to one of the great lakes
- dispersion is the name of the game.
- oh and balls go far. Did I mention that?

4 weeks from the day I ordered my custom epic max shipped! Original estimate was 3-4 weeks so with all the horrible weather and terrible things that is pretty impressive to me. Hope to have it for next weekends rounds and maybe even a range session before that.

I jinxed myself by praising UPS, driver was scheduled for yesterday between 10:45 and 2:45.... did not make it. hopefully it shows up today so I can get it on the range tomorrow... Oh and I need to send in my trade clubs before 30 days... today is day 30...

Ok, how many others are seeing all these fantastic custom beauties and are now thinking hmmm maybe I need a new driver too?
I got one, but stayed with the standard colors. I actually really like them. Picked her up on Sunday.
Max LS.jpg

Out for delivery!!!:banana:

For those that have the Max LS. Which way do you move the weight to promote a baby draw. Towards the heel or towards the Toe?

Out for delivery!!!:banana:

For those that have the Max LS. Which way do you move the weight to promote a baby draw. Towards the heel or towards the Toe?
Heel side would add draw bias.

Spent two hours on a trackman session today with the Max LS.

Things I learned today
- balls go far
- balls go straight
- 1.52 smash factor is achievable
- it's possible to average 1.49 smash factor
- the effective hitable face on this is roughly equivalent to one of the great lakes
- dispersion is the name of the game.
- oh and balls go far. Did I mention that?
What driver are you coming from . How does this compare ?. What you just wrote is what i am hoping for. I have the Mavrik Max and am anxious to try the Epic Max LS. I stayed away from sub zeros because i didnt think it would be a good fit for me. Snow is melting here and we are supposed to get some warm weather soon. I know where i can get a standard Max and an LS to take out some afternoon and check them out . Cant wait.

Wait, hold up. We have customizable drivers now? Take off 2 years and I feel like I've been gone for 20. Same damn fine looking set-ups in this thread, and now I want one. I hate you all.

Might just be the best looking driver I have seen in a long time.

What was the custom order as I would love to get one in matte black with the chrome accents.

thanks dude! funny enough i'm still not sure i made the right choice on the medallions. i was between black and silver, decided on black, but silver might have popped better!

Silver Sole
Clean Crown
All 4 medallions Black

Well, look what arrived today!!!20210302_192550.jpg

Can't wait to take these out tomorrow. Along with the Apex 21s.

Wait, hold up. We have customizable drivers now? Take off 2 years and I feel like I've been gone for 20. Same damn fine looking set-ups in this thread, and now I want one. I hate you all.

The Epic from 2017 was customizable. I got a red one.

The Epic from 2017 was customizable. I got a red one.

Wild. Shows how out of the loop I’ve been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a LOT of sexiness. Damn!
They really are stunning to look down at. I really like the black covers for the Apex Pros. Wish all the head covers were that color scheme. But I understand the Epic green they went with. Really looking forward to tomorrow ☺😊

What driver are you coming from . How does this compare ?. What you just wrote is what i am hoping for. I have the Mavrik Max and am anxious to try the Epic Max LS. I stayed away from sub zeros because i didnt think it would be a good fit for me. Snow is melting here and we are supposed to get some warm weather soon. I know where i can get a standard Max and an LS to take out some afternoon and check them out . Cant wait.

Coming from the Cobra Speedzone which was a big step up in forgiveness from the Epic Flash SZ I was playing before that. The Cobra is really really easy to hit but didn't have the same pop as the Epic Flash I had. I've hit some bombs with it but I feel like the Epic Max LS gives me the feeling of the pop/ballspeed of the Flash with the forgiveness of the Speedzone.

1614746559890.png

Oh, gosh, Callaway says I'll get the Custom Speed and Max tomorrow.

They are shoving drivers out of Mexico...:D

Well, I assumed that I was getting the two drivers that I ordered on Feb 6. But surprise, it was a Custom Max 10.5 I ordered a week ago. ?? I was on the phone with Callaway asking them to make sure the swing weight was D3-4 on the shorter shafted 10.5 (-2 inches) when UPS shows up with the driver at C9. I call Callaway and said, "Funny, I was on hold when the driver shows up, calling you to change the SW since it's not supposed to arrive for 3 weeks. What can we do here?" I need a heavier screw.:unsure: They say that we are sending you a return label, we will credit you, and then order another driver over the phone so you can phone in the SW. I guess the naked tops arrive earlier. Yes, I don't know why one can't take the driver I return and put a heavier screw in it but I'm not the technical guy.

At least it's a good solution. And I can change up the design. The naked top? Looked great. Waiting for my return label now.

At least the other two will arrive next week and the following week. I'm just tweaking the swing at the range anyway after another lesson. ;) I have time.

See what you have been missing.....

Back