Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they continuing the XR line? So it'll be this (regular alpha), the new dbd, v series and xr lines right? Just making sure i understand what is replacing what haha

Are they continuing the XR line? So it'll be this (regular alpha), the new dbd, v series and xr lines right? Just making sure i understand what is replacing what haha

I was told this line replaces the V Series line. You will have Alpha, GBB and XR Lines.

Must resist the urge to hit.

Any word on pricing?

I dunno. Cool driver and all but I can't help but feel that Callaway is firing out drivers at TM-like speeds. Starting with the V Series, this makes six driver releases in the last year. I love Callaway so this worries me a bit.

I was told this line replaces the V Series line. You will have Alpha, GBB and XR Lines.
Perfect, exactly what i was wondering. Thank you for the info

I dunno. Cool driver and all but I can't help but feel that Callaway is firing out drivers at TM-like speeds. Starting with the V Series, this makes six driver releases in the last year. I love Callaway so this worries me a bit.

Well we made it to page 3 before release cycles became a point. New record!

Well at least we can move along past all that now.

On another note - really love my 815 Alpha - but the Great Big Bertha line has me intrigued - loved the sliding weight for the 2014 model - it actually worked!

The sliding weight seems more simple, maybe it's just less lines this time.

Well we made it to page 3 before release cycles became a point. New record!
This post is entirely unnecessary. It serves no purpose other than to ridicule me for posting it. Not cool.

This post is entirely unnecessary. It serves no purpose other than to ridicule me for posting it. Not cool.

No, the purpose is to hopefully keep the conversation going about the product. Every year the same posts about release cycles pop up and derail conversation about new product launches.

If you are unhappy about the business model of Callaway products there are plenty of outlets for that conversation.

Got to hit it today when I stopped into Golfsmith. The driver and fairways are legit.
Any chance there are any photos of the FWs???

2016 is my driver cycle, we'll have to put this one through the works.

Sort of glad there is no driver in my bag now. Because this one got my attention.

Got to see these in hand today. I love, love, love the look of the GBB.

No, the purpose is to hopefully keep the conversation going about the product. Every year the same posts about release cycles pop up and derail conversation about new product launches.

If you are unhappy about the business model of Callaway products there are plenty of outlets for that conversation.
If that is your purpose, then you have a really jerky way to do it. Regardless of your position on the redundancy of the argument of release cycles, nowhere is permission given to come at me with a double barreled snark cannon. It doesn't make me want to participate in conversation knowing that these kinds of responses are lurking. I personally know of THP'ers who have stopped posting because of this kind of behavior. THP is supposed to be a friendly, welcoming place and your post accomplished neither.

I apologize for derailing this thread to JB, Morgan, and everyone else in the THP family. Just hit a nerve here. Back to the club talk.

Having both here I agree with you. Looks fantastic.

Also glad to see the sliding weight back. I like the simplicity of it.

Based on the other thread the three lines are now Alpha, GBB, XR. So where does this fit in in terms of forgiveness. It's making me all itchy :D

I'm going to have to corner the San Diego area rep to try and see these. All 3 clubs look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back