Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the other thread the three lines are now Alpha, GBB, XR. So where does this fit in in terms of forgiveness. It's making me all itchy :D

Probably similar to the XR line. It is replacing the V-Series so I would wager the shaft will be a fairly light one similar to the V-Series

Probably similar to the XR line. It is replacing the V-Series so I would wager the shaft will be a fairly light one similar to the V-Series

People are getting ahead of themselves with that replacement talk.
They have 2 drivers replacing 3 drivers for the most part.
I am not allowed to discuss a lot of stuff yet, but I can say those looking for shaft options, will be VERY happy.

Sorry meant to say 4 (816 DD, GBB, GBB fwy, and 816 Fwy). Figured it would be better to type this in one thread than say the same thing in each thread.

I am not allowed to discuss a lot of stuff yet, but I can say those looking for shaft options, will be VERY happy.

As usual, I am looking forward to it sir

Very good looking driver for sure! Heck I thought ya'll were talking about the last one that come out again... :alien:

It seems like they have been doing a lot of that lately.

Hello gorgeous. Holy effin wow!

Really interested to see how these perform. The BB 815 is the first Callaway driver I got along with and will be curious to see how these compare. Will definitely give them some swings.

So is this not replacing the V series? Haha this is just the newer regular alpha right?

They nailed it with the options here and people are going to be thrilled.

Can I "Thank" this post more than once. This is going to be awesome!

daddy liiiiike!

The sliding weight is back! Is this just a super GI driver, or is it non-legal like some previous over 460cc offerings from Callaway in the past?

Which were????

When will you be able to talk more freely about it? Very interested in this one.

None the less, it is a very nice looking driver. Callaway no doubt has it happening these days.

Its like the 2015 XR Pro had a menage a trois with the 2014 Bertha and 2015 V-Series.

I cant wait to know more, the 4th isn't that far away.

Very interesting....I want to know more.

Which were????
I recall one driver with the name Great Big Bertha from a number of years ago that was oversized. But, it's entirely possible I was thinking of something else.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mega y a w n !!!!!!!!

Will history repeat itself with a "biggest big Bertha" next? (No sarcasm)
I LOVE my 2014 Bertha, this will absolutely have my attention once specs come out, I'm just hoping for a 13.5* head

Nice to see they combined the gravity core with the sliding weight! That sliding weight was what kept the Alpha out of the bag. A little forward cg, adjustable by switching the gravity core, and sliding that weight on the back all the way to the toe- I can see it in my future! Low spin, baby!!!!

I do remember two years ago someone at the Grandaddy asked the question about combining the gravity core and rear sliding weight...

I do remember two years ago someone at the Grandaddy asked the question about combining the gravity core and rear sliding weight...

FWIW, that isn't a gravity core, just a standard weight port like on the XR Pro driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back