Every shot from 60yds and in was within 10' today on 9 holes with the 58 Z! Man it felt great!

Let's be honest, I'm not a ball striker by any stretch, but what Callaway has done with these wedges is unreal. I can ACTUALLY use a players wedge and feel CONFIDENT over the ball. I'm not going to pretend I know their secret formula here, but I'm so glad the use of AI and .R. made the JAWS Raw wedges. My top 5 for these wedges are:

1. Skid plate on leading edge (thank you)
2. Grinds, these sole grinds are just great. The turf interaction is game changing.
3. Weighting which changed CG & helps get wedge under the ball (thank you)
4. Grooves... holy cow spin machines (but very manageable)
5. Transition from hosel to club face. It just looks like a thing of art.

Normally the lack of offset and leading edge would have me running the other way as I'm not that skilled. After being selected as a tester and seeing just how good these wedges are I'm going to buy a full set!

60z & 58z have made the bag and kicked out two previous spots held by another OEM for years. Just love sending those two in low and at the pin.

Looking at a 54 and deciding on grind. It will be black to match the 58 and leave the 60 as chrome. Still need that other oem for a couple touch shots right now.

Haven't put the time in to get confident in certain yardage with the other two for higher flights. That will come together in time.

Shot a 39 on the front 9 at my home course Friday. My first time Sub 40 in years… 45 on the back 🤦🏻‍♂️ But still the most impressive thing….I hit 2 fairways all day. The reason was these wedges. Consistently hit these close to leave myself par and a few birdie chances.

My very first shot with the 50W? I flubbed my tee shot on a 185 yard par 3. I had 130ish left to the pin. On this green you have to land the front edge or just before if you wanna hold it. So I pulled the 50. One hop and rolled into the cup. Not how I like to birdie holes but exciting none the less.

Been playing my best golf lately and most of it is because of these wedges.

Man the 60z has me thoroughly confused. I’ve been digging the toe HARD in swings which has NEVER been an issue with wedges before. I’ve also cold shanked the ball three times in a round and a half. That doesn’t happen.

And with the punched greens, I can’t even really tell how the ball is reacting once it hits. This is an anomaly so far and is surprising.

I’m very interested to hit this in a week or so, because I am playing anything but focused and serious golf with the greens the way they are. I’m not too concerned, just surprised

Man the 60z has me thoroughly confused. I’ve been digging the toe HARD in swings which has NEVER been an issue with wedges before. I’ve also cold shanked the ball three times in a round and a half. That doesn’t happen.

And with the punched greens, I can’t even really tell how the ball is reacting once it hits. This is an anomaly so far and is surprising.

I’m very interested to hit this in a week or so, because I am playing anything but focused and serious golf with the greens the way they are. I’m not too concerned, just surprised

Do you think the lie angle needs to be adjusted?

I’ve definitely noticed I manage to go hosel adjacent with the Z a bit if I get sloppy in my setup or swing. Hadn’t had that issue on the full toe but assumed it may have been a visual setup thing. Might flatten it just a smidge to help out a bit.

Do you think the lie angle needs to be adjusted?
Lie is the exact same as the last three wedges I’ve had which is why it’s so surprising I’m digging the toe.

At least it’s supposed to be. I didn’t get any adjustment done when I had it built but have no way to check

Have had the same issue. Very toey (Sp) chips with this version of wedge. I wrote it off as different weighing than past versions. Still works for me but I’ve hit my fair share of toe shots and shots to the right and I’ve had my lie angle checked. I don’t want it too upright then I’ll have heel issues which is really bad in the rough.

Last edited:
Lie is the exact same as the last three wedges I’ve had which is why it’s so surprising I’m digging the toe.

At least it’s supposed to be. I didn’t get any adjustment done when I had it built but have no way to check

I hate to hear that. It does have some weight out towards the toe I think (please fact check me THP).

Reactions: J4U
I hate to hear that. It does have some weight out towards the toe I think (please fact check me THP).
I’ll get it figured out. I had some time to myself on the course Friday night and dropped like 15 balls in difficult spots. I’m really liking what I’m seeing. Don’t want to speak of it too much though with the punched greens.

But I did want to share some things that have surprised me so far. I’m not concerned at all about it though

This chrome 58Z has held up WAY better than I've anticipated. Still looks great and it's been used a lot!

20220911_223158.jpg
20220911_223311.jpg
20220911_223340.jpg

Speaking of my beat up beauties, I played the hit it as far as you can and stick your wedges game today. And

carved it up with them. :D

X grind was fantastic from mixed lies and that 54S.. well, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it's the best one I've ever had. Yeah. Add it all up, and it's the winner. I love that thing. It's the one I holed out with on day 1 from 120y and our relationship it this point is pretty special.

Wow. You are in desperate need of some visible scrapes and chunks mixed with heavy rust!

Let me borrow it for a week. :LOL:

I'm trying, I just don't swing as hard as you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm using it on full swings too.

Coming in on 18 (Par5) had a great opportunity to put it close. My other OEM wedge let me down (really was me but easier to blame the equipment) and put it in the sand in front just over the water.

I grabbed the 60Z to try and put it close...oops off the toe and over the green up the hill. That's not what this is about.

Kept the same club and when I got up there felt good about it. Fluffy rough, not much room to play it cute, but did anyway.

First hole out with these beauties! Birdie save!
Screenshot_20220912_150434.jpg

Another 18 holes in (still not playing really focused because of the greens) but I’ve shanked the ball on chips close to the green another five times. It’s blowing my mind since wedges are the absolute best part of my game. Especially those chips to get up and down.

Even went to the chipping green and hit three in a row off the hosel. What the eff 😓

Like I said, I know I’m not focusing very much so I will wait to really be concerned once I’m playing real golf again.

Full swings or pitches though and this thing is a dart thrower. Best I’ve hit a wedge that way in awhile. It’s a real Jekyll and Hyde situation currently

Another 18 holes in (still not playing really focused because of the greens) but I’ve shanked the ball on chips close to the green another five times. It’s blowing my mind since wedges are the absolute best part of my game. Especially those chips to get up and down.

Even went to the chipping green and hit three in a row off the hosel. What the eff 😓

Like I said, I know I’m not focusing very much so I will wait to really be concerned once I’m playing real golf again.

Full swings or pitches though and this thing is a dart thrower. Best I’ve hit a wedge that way in awhile. It’s a real Jekyll and Hyde situation currently

have you tried your previous lob wedge to see if there’s a difference?

have you tried your previous lob wedge to see if there’s a difference?
I have not. Not close to wanting to try that yet

Eyes on brother. Friend or us or someone else. Could partly be laziness but you're too good to be doing that. You probably just exaggerated your way out of a movement or setup pattern that's important for you. Someone familiar can probably spot it pretty easily. Or take a vid yourself and see what you see. No sense in letting it slide.

83y to 2 feet
48y to elevated green and 3 feet
91 yards to 1 foot
122 yards to 6 feet
greenside deliciousness on every missed green..

That was the extent of my Raw experience today. Z grind was unstoppable.

the faces of these wedges are starting to rust. I never imagined I’d be happy about it.

Tried @Golfers Anonymous 58Z last weekend and wow do they spin!! I can totally imagine getting a 60Z for desert golf and a 60X for Ohio!! Very curious to scroll back and see if anyone has a picture of the black plasma face after it rusts

Back