Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

So right now with the Max I have the Blue Ventus 5R in it and with the swing adjustment I made it has come alive for me. I had several drives touch 260 today which is long for me. The important part though was the consistency as I hit 11/14 fairways today.
Hopefully the drive woes are behind me now and the consistency will hold.

2nd round in a row playing in cool, soggy conditions and there were a few flooded fairways out there. Tried to lift a few, line a couple others to stay out of the wind, shape a couple to find a landing area, etc and the Sub Zero just always obliges any request. Played to 8 yards short of my average in the end and that's just ... I mean, there's just nothing more you can ask of a club than that.

Last edited:
I picked up the Mavrik SZ. Today was the first time I got to hit it at all and all I can say is WOW, That driver is the best one Callaway came out with so far and I should know since I have the Rogue Draw and Epic Flash SZ here! This driver was just long and down the pipe! It is longer then the Epic Flash SZ for me by a good bit! The golfing buddy commented as soon as the first tee shot that is longer then my other driver! Can you guess which driver is staying in the bag? lol

Last edited:
Hit the highest ball speed on TrackMan Range Ive ever had before with the standard today. Just has filthy distance in it.

Going to give these another go, this time with a Kinetixx setup. They just keep getting shots at the throne....
Ballistic it shall be 🔥

Three rounds this Memorial Day weekend, and the Mavrik SZ continues to impress w/ a Heilum 5F4 Proto Shaft.

5/23- 71% FIR
5/24- 50% FIR
5/25- 43% FIR

Rounds of 79-84- & 80 this weekend. This driver continues to be impressive on heel side misses, and is long when hit in the center of the face.

A guy I play with just got a new Ping G400 driver, and my Mavrik is 20-25 yards longer than his driver. He expressed Driver envy today.

Mav Max in use today. Shot a 7 over on a 72 course. Hit one bad drive due to a bad swing. Heeled it, line drive left side 5ft off the fairway. Still very please with this driver.

Had a great driving day on Sunday. overcast conditions and ended up shooting 83 with 5 doubles, none of which were the fault of the driver. Hit a personal best drive of 335y with a slight tailwind on an uphill par 5 that was 10-15 yards past a buddy of mine who is always the long ball of the group. Still can't believe how quickly I've found a groove with the Std Mav and Tensei PW combo. Excited to get out again on Thursday, this time with a little more concentration on approach. I also tried to implement some of the speed tips I got from the TXG video of Ian trying to increase his driver speed. A lot to try all at once, but I was definitely getting the ball out there to places I've never been. So fun!!

Still have never hit one.

So, still seeing continued success with the Mavrik Standard. Seeing fantastic forgiveness, and a great penetrating ball flight. I am not able to get LM numbers. But, given the distance I am seeing when hitting into the wind, I know that the spin is in a really good spot. I am not seeing any ballooning or anything of that sort.

The only thing I think I would change would be to add some weight to the head. I believe it has a 10 gram weight in there from the build in December. I don't want to add anymore weight to the back and increase the spin. So, I may throw some lead tape on the toe side up in the front to see what kind of feel that adds. Just need something to give me a better sense of where the head is at. If that feels good, I may just leave it as is. But, the thought of hotmelting this already amazing feeling and sounding club is pretty intriguing. Has anybody gone that route? Heck, I don't even think I have access to that kind of work locally. But, it may be worth shipping off somewhere for a few days if it makes it sound and feel even better.

I got a thing today...
d8cb9e37ce02377a938ad9dcb8969936.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Hit a bomb today. #13 at my club is a forced carry over water, with OB 10 yds right of fairway, so no real areas to miss. Caught this pure with a little draw. The distance, difficulty, and shot shape; this is candidate #1 for my drive of the year.

BF3B2666-ABAF-4D0E-B381-876EE39D89F4.jpeg

14/14 for a 276 average last round with the Sub Zero. Lord, strike me down if I so much as reach for another club right now.

Whispers of a Mav 💎 💎 💎 Coming soon... 🤔🤘🏻

What would that version provide?
From my experience with the EF version, the following:

A more squared off face to help improve aiming.
A bit higher spinning than the standard SZ
A fade bias

12/14 fairways last night. Extremely happy with that. The 2 misses didn't get me in trouble.
The thing I have noticed about the Max is that I can tell where I am hitting on the face by the feel and sound it makes.
Really happy with the Ventus Blue now that my swing is straightened out.

12/14 fairways last night. Extremely happy with that. The 2 misses didn't get me in trouble.
The thing I have noticed about the Max is that I can tell where I am hitting on the face by the feel and sound it makes.
Really happy with the Ventus Blue now that my swing is straightened out.
Also hit 12/14 fairways this round. And the two that missed were fairway bunkers I aimed at not thinking I would reach. Ventus 6s with D/S setting goes very straight for me. Never been so happy with a driver.

Also hit 12/14 fairways this round. And the two that missed were fairway bunkers I aimed at not thinking I would reach. Ventus 6s with D/S setting goes very straight for me. Never been so happy with a driver.
That’s the right shaft!!!!! Congrats!!!

Anyone using the Helium 40 gram shaft? I have 80 mph swing speed and currently use G400 Max with Alta Distanza 40 gram shaft. Looking for a few more yards with no loss of Ping Max forgiveness. Is 14g weight better in heel or rear? Thanks.

You're making me want to try that shaft. Have a time today at 10:30. We shall see what shakes out. Perfect Colorado day though, so no excuses...

You're making me want to try that shaft. Have a time today at 10:30. We shall see what shakes out. Perfect Colorado day though, so no excuses...
It's fantastic. Too be honest the evenflow riptide is not that bad. I had the 50g and I think the 60 would have been better.

There is something a little more stable and the feel when you hit it is much more satisfying with the the ventus velocore. Not that the riptide is leagues behind. But what stands out is the consistency seems more, um, consistent with the ventus.

Is it worth the price difference? I think it depends on your budget. For me, I think it is. Getting the ball in play really helps my mental game. Now if I could just stop missing every approach shot left I'll be golden.

Has anyone tried 14g weights in both locations on the max?

Back