Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Nice review @Jman! The more pictures I see, the more the color is growing on me. That being said, I actually am one of the crazies that actually like the look and sound of my EF SZ. :)

I can't put my finger on it, but the Mavrik line looks sleeker to me that the EF. Not sure why yet. I am guessing the trailing edge on the crown is what is doing it.

Seems like some great results for our Granddaddy folks. Will definitley have to do some comparison hitting on this one.

So what about the shafts available? Are they "made for Callaway" or the "real deal" with all the bells and whistles or deviated somehow to cost less than the "real deal"?

I am confused by the statement that the Maverick is not replacing the Epic Flash? Who would the Epic Flash be targeted at compared to the Maverick?

I am confused by the statement that the Maverick is not replacing the Epic Flash? Who would the Epic Flash be targeted at compared to the Maverick?

There are no price reductions currently on Epic Flash, so price will play a difference there. As will sound/feel.
There are also more movable parts with Epic Flash that might appease to some.
Comes down to choices.

I thought I read it is for the acoustics? Also very cool to see that picture considering we will never see the inside as consumers
Just goes to show two things;

1- How finite these driver adjustments can be before final run
2- How important sound is

The Standard Mavrik has a "Sort of" FT Optiforce Driver look to it:
1579010746431.png

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for these great reviews! Really fascinating stuff. I’ll be in the market for a new driver in the spring, but I’ll be taking lessons first so that I might be able to actually use a driver somewhat reliably. Once I start to get comfortable, I’ll be headed for a fitting for sure. The reviews from high handicappers are very encouraging for a beginner like me, and these look pretty amazing.

Wow, the std Mavrik head looks pretty incredible......hmmm.......

These look more in tune with the EF Triple Diamond shape perhaps? If so.......me likey!
I missed the presentation. But, I do believe that the SZ model this year is based on last year's triple diamond shape. I never had a chance to see the triple diamond in person. But, the 450cc head is appealing to me on many levels. I will try to get in for some head to head with it in the coming months.

Interested to see if we get a Trade In Promotion in the coming days as we have seen in the past...

It is about all that is preventing me from pulling the trigger

I thought I read it is for the acoustics? Also very cool to see that picture considering we will never see the inside as consumers
Their engineers tasked the super computer to improve acoustics according to certain variables. I don't know exactly what thresholds they set in place for this. But, that's what the computer came up with. Two fins placed in seemingly random locations.

I find that engineering story pretty fascinating. Having a super computer handy for these computations is one thing. But, unless you are asking the right questions, it doesn't do you any good.

My understanding was this was more of a Rogue replacement than Epic Flash

the orange isn't as offensive as some of those initial pics made it look.

Think of it this way... Callaway has 2 "Lines" of products, this way they can keep them on a longer cycle.

Epic Flash came in last year, and replaced the OG Epic which was 2 years old.

Mavrik comes in this year, and is replacing the Rogue which is 2 years old.

The Epic line is more adjustable, think movable weights on the driver, adjustable hosels on the FWs.

Interested to see if we get a Trade In Promotion in the coming days as we have seen in the past...

It is about all that is preventing me from pulling the trigger

Already seen a Callaway 50% Bonus Trade In Promotion from a PGATSS email.

Wow, the std Mavrik head looks pretty incredible......hmmm.......

These look more in tune with the EF Triple Diamond shape perhaps? If so.......me likey!

They did intergrate some DDD characteristics for the SZ model. They knew the Triple D was desired, but from a SKU perspective not always easy to have it available. They feel they have bridged that gap with the Mavrik SZ

the orange isn't as offensive as some of those initial pics made it look.
That's the battle we have been fighting. The spy pics that had been floating around, of all of the products really, weren't all that flattering. These clubs are beautiful in person. I didn't hate the Epic green. But, I like the Mavrik orange much better.

Love the thoughts so far guys! Sounds like Callaway nailed this one.

Those are some Monster numbers on the trackman. You would have to be a fool not to give this one a try.

Love that they got rid of the line across the crown on the Mavrik. That's the one thing I don't like about the standard EF or EF SZ.

Back